Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: Where do you stand?

I remember around the time he was coming back from injury and Damocles posted that he would really divide support amongst our supporters.

Never has a truer prophesy been posted on here.

Everyone has a robust view on him, me included.

And seeing as you asked, I just have a feeling that he's got it in him to become a City legend. Problem is there's just as many people on the other side who hate him as much as I love him. There are things that I've seen written about his lack of footballing ability from posters who I otherwise respect their opinion on, and it's made me believe (rightly or wrongly) that logic goes out of the window when it comes to Mario.

RandomJ said:
I've already debated this until I am blue in the face. But the short version is people are rating him on potential ability not ability he is showing here and now. And like I said I hope he becomes this world beater who will win games for us but as it stands now people are rating him far too highly for what he has actually done.

Simply not true.

His potential ability is unbelievable, his current ability (on ability alone) is above Tevez's.

He just lacks the application and desire of Tevez.

You might laugh at that, but I stand by that comment, and I'll expand further if you wish?

A house divided cannot stand. So hurry up Balotelli and become a world beater ;)

And god no singingtheblues i've seen enough of you sucking balotelli's cock to last a life time. Thanks though.

RandomJ said:
A house divided cannot stand. So hurry up Balotelli and become a world beater ;)

And god no singingtheblues i've seen enough of you sucking balotelli's cock to last a life time. Thanks though.

Bwahaha.

I see we're on opposite ends of the spectrum then.

Nice to see where you stand then.

I think he's a good player, with the potential to be excellent.

Doesn't stop me also thinking that the guy is a grade A knob at times.

One other thing. Just remember that this thread is discussing whether the Italian lad we signed from Inter Milan where he's won Serie A and the CL is the greatest young player in the world or not.

I know its becoming taboo to talk of where we've come from but if the mere fact of that conversation doesn't make you realise what an amazing time this is to be a City fan then I don't know what will.

Bugs Bunny said:
I think he's a good player, with the potential to be excellent.

Doesn't stop me also thinking that the guy is a grade A knob at times.

Which is perfectly understandable.

But separate the two. And while you're at it, do a little research on the lad, might help you understand him a little better.

And try and give him the benefit of the doubt, he is a blue after all.

Last month:

may aswell of stayed in the changing rooms

nuff said.

Last 2 weeks:

class performances
all smiles
enjoyed himself
only dived once each game
he even smiled and laughed (and winked)

We then think things are looking up for him and he want's to be part of it.

Against West Ham:

looked completely uninterested all game
dived 3 times
had another go at mancini cause he go brought off with 4 minutes left
started having a go at team mates aswell
was more bothered about how many opposing players he could trip up
didn't wanna be there

So what are we in store for on saturday then Mario?

he shown little glimpses of class, goal against Villa, some passing, turns etc.

but the reaction by many on here, you would think he had scored 15 goals and was playing well every game, he's not done that much in reality.

Personally i'd start Dzeko at Everton.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
One other thing. Just remember that this thread is discussing whether the Italian lad we signed from Inter Milan where he's won Serie A and the CL is the greatest young player in the world or not.

I know its becoming taboo to talk of where we've come from but if the mere fact of that conversation doesn't make you realise what an amazing time this is to be a City fan then I don't know what will.

Good point mate.

Perspective can be pretty thin on the ground here, even at the best of times.

I just genuinely don't think people recognise how fortunate we are to have a player of his ability at the club, but he doesn't fit the mould of your traditional Maine Road terrace hero, so regardless of his ability, the lad's at a deficit immediately solely due to his character.

Sad really.

-- Mon May 02, 2011 2:18 am --

Freestyler said:
Last month:

may aswell of stayed in the changing rooms

nuff said.

Last 2 weeks:

class performances
all smiles
enjoyed himself
only dived once each game
he even smiled and laughed (and winked)

We then think things are looking up for him and he want's to be part of it.

Against West Ham:

looked completely uninterested all game
dived 3 times
had another go at mancini cause he go brought off with 4 minutes left
started having a go at team mates aswell
was more bothered about how many opposing players he could trip up
didn't wanna be there

So what are we in store for on saturday then Mario?

he shown little glimpses of class, goal against Villa, some passing, turns etc.

but the reaction by many on here, you would think he had scored 15 goals and was playing well every game, he's not done that much in reality.

Personally i'd start Dzeko at Everton.

I fail to see how you can judge him so harshly, and then in the same breath advocate dropping him fo<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 2:19 am --<br /><br />r Dzeko on Saturday.

I presume you measure all our players by the same high standards?

Clearly not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.