Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

The main reason I have seen of why people love him so much is that he is potentially world class. Notice the underlined word. Completley glossing over the fact that he hasnt shown any of this world class play and is a liability.

I know it's only his first season in this league but fuck me Robinho scored 15 goals his first season playing with complete shite. Imagine what he would have done with Silva and co. He's very over rated by some on here and needs to do a hell of a lot of hard work and growing up next season.

The boy is quality and produce the goods on a more consistent basis when he gets more premier league experience. He's got 10 goals in 23 games in a stop-start season. I'd say that was good for a kid playing in a foreign league for the first time.

Skashion said:
Still not playing to his strengths as a lone striker. He's brilliant on the through-ball and the diagonal ball over the top. If we get the likes of Silva and Yaya looking for his runs and start breaking out with some pace and he'll be lethal. As it is we're still playing as if we're playing with Tevez. Can't do that and expect it to work for a player who's in a different mould.

Said exactly this at the match today. He not going to chase every fucker down whilst his midfield are 20 yards behind him.

corky1970 said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
<3 I love him <3

But why ??? Don't say different or character or anything similar , fuck me Bent , defoe , crouch , even kean would, ./could have done what he did today any many other days , being able to" wink" does not constitute being good enough ...

Surely anyone can see this ????

Honestly? I don't know, he's a ****, but for some reason I think he's brilliant!!

I, personally, think most of what makes Mario a quality player is his intelligent movement. It's just small things but he shows the signs of a great footballing brain.

For example, I remember a cross coming over in the first half when we were 2-0 up and the West Ham defensive line stopped because Mario was clearly offside. It was clearly his intention to be offside though because he casually and nonchalantly walked back onside without becoming active and if it weren't for a great bit of defending by Gabbidon we had players lining up to score at the back post.

He hasn't scored recently because scoring is 90% a confidence, form related, aspect of the game. What he does show constantly is his ability to read the game, which is a permanent fixture in his attributes.

Form is temporary but class is permanent, and if you can put aside his drama and the controversy that follows him (something which has never bothered me) then we have a great player on our hands.

corky1970 said:
Hate to post , singling out players , but in my humble opinion Ballotelli is not fit to wear the City shirt .. the man cannot be arsed.,

Being different is no excuse for indifference , I could go on... but his efforts are way short of what I expect from a City player .
Not for me ...sorry

At last I'm not alone. I have been saying this all along. Bolatelli is an idiot and a Lazy git who cannot be arsed.
He's a waste of money and should be shipped out ASAP!!!!

mario balotelli is a 20 year old footballer leading the line as a lone striker for our beloved club... how many 20 year olds can do that in this world... and with the way we play,the player who benefits most is our attacking midfielder...
still today,he did an okay shift atleast to my eyes... when you play as a lone striker,its almost always frustrating,whoever the striker is... but its because we expect a lot from balo,this is becoming a problem among city fans... this attitude change... he is still a kid... next season we will play him as the second striker to dzeko... that is when we will see the real mario... but still,his performance was okay for me...

He didn't do much today, but he's not going to be a world beater every match.

I would have taken him off earlier mind.

Did alright today. I can see why he gets frustrated. There was about 3 or 4 chances where a simple pass would have put him through, but the player in possession hesitated and the opening had gone.

There was also about 2 or 3 scrambles where the ball seemed to evade him by half a yard. Just wasn't his day in all. The only thing that annoyed me today was Silva's one on one. Balotelli should have been busting a gut so Silva could have slid him in before any West Ham players got back on the line. Having said that, he probably expected Silva to just shoot.

But all in all, i thought he was alright.

I really don't like the guy.

Having said that, thought he did ok today. His movement off the ball is brilliant. Yes he has tantrums on the pitch but he is still a kid learning his trade.

I'd pick him ahead of Dzeko everytime - just for his mobility and pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.