Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

JoeMercer'sWay said:
he's really frustrating me.

I miss Carlos even though he most likely won't ever play for us again, and we'll miss him a lot next season.

Funny thing was at 2-0 I said that we can play without Carlos, but halfway through the second half I was suggesting that Carlos would make quite a difference to the pressure we needed to put on The Hammers defence.

As for Balo, you play Mario knowing full well what might happen. He can have 90 minutes seemingly out of it, and contributing little but then, in a flash, yer get a piece of brilliance that seals or steals the points. I think over the games he has played he has been very unlucky - another shot today with Green beaten all ends up and then bounces back off the bar. And when are refs gonna give him the same kind of fair treatment that other strikers seem to get. You had a shocker, Webb.

cavalier69 said:
When he was substituted it looked like he had a go at Mancini then went down the tunnel after sitting down for a couple of minutes.
Did anyone in the main stand see this?
dont make stories up... he was there in the bench till the end...final whistle...<br /><br />-- Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 am --<br /><br />cant beleive the so called city fans are going against a 20 year old who had an okay game being played as a lone striker... and people who say dzeko should start instead of balo is clueless...

He's not going to get the "fair treatment" because his actions have ensured that refs will tell him to get the fuck up when he dives to the ground and will book him cos he isnt mature enough to play 90 minutes without kicking someone to the ground.

Everyone goes on like the FA got togethor and said "right this Balotelli we are going to victomise him this season. All agreed?" when in fact it is all his own fault he gets the treatment he does. If he stayed on his feet instead of diving he would get more free kicks his way. And if he kept his cool instead of losing the plot and hacking someones legs away he would get less cards. It's all his own doing no one elses.

jay_mcfc said:
Besides, the guy is 20 years old and has talent coming out of his arse. When will our fans understand that you need to be more patient with players?

They won't. They'll continue to boo him and abuse him, and he will leave and thrive elsewhere. The clueless fans will be happy though, clapping as Jo comes on...

what I don't like is his petulance. like when AJ made that great run and cross near post. Mario needed to recognize the ball could only really go in that spot and did not make the darting run but instead stayed marked back in the box. then goes off because he didn't get service. does this quite a bit. not necessary.

hate to say this but Shit-Dorrito would have made that run seen it many times and you rarely see the complaining. he's a young lad too. there is difference. Balo needs to mature and become more of a team player but not sure if this will ever happen.

quiet_riot said:
jay_mcfc said:
Besides, the guy is 20 years old and has talent coming out of his arse. When will our fans understand that you need to be more patient with players?

They won't. They'll continue to boo him and abuse him, and he will leave and thrive elsewhere. The clueless fans will be happy though, clapping as Jo comes on...

Stop using his age as an excuse. Jack Wilshire is 19 years old and is a million times more mature than Ballo is and contributes a lot more to his team than Ballo does.

Yeh he had a bad game but he wasnt the only one,20 years old bags of potential great team win,give him a break.

Most People rate him on hisi Goals, but dont understand that a Player cant score everytime. The Game without Ball, The movement with Possession, etc thats what is important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.