Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

corky1970 said:
theevilweasel said:
I really don't like the guy.

Having said that, thought he did ok today. His movement off the ball is brilliant. Yes he has tantrums on the pitch but he is still a kid learning his trade.

I'd pick him ahead of Dzeko everytime - just for his mobility and pace.

Everything you have described above , describes any one of about 8/10 reserve / academy players ..

Potential means sod all , wr have the potential to win the Fa cup ... potential to finish 3/4 th , potential potential potential , tell you what and go into your bank and ask if you can pay this months mortgage with some potential ...

You'd be told to get fucked ..... cold hard cash please ...

And that's what I want. Cold hard effort .... fuck potential

I said fuck all about potential. I suggested his age was the reason for his tantrums.

I would suggest at 20 years of age he is already a more rounded footballer than Dzeko or any other forward on the books at City (maybe Tevez excluded) at this moment in time.

corky1970 said:
theevilweasel said:
I said fuck all about potential. I suggested his age was the reason for his tantrums.

I would suggest at 20 years of age he is already a more rounded footballer than Dzeko or any other forward on the books at City (maybe Tevez excluded) at this moment in time.

Yes I'm sorry , posting from my phone .. supposed to have quoted the post above you , I agree entirely with what you say

Sorry mate

no problems pal

With fans like some of ours, who needs opposition fans? Or the Daily Mail.

As long as Mario wears a blue shirt he should have our support. We always need a whipping boy though eh?

For as long as we value 'effort' over ability we will always struggle. Thankfully, the lunatics are no longer in charge of the City asylum, and the owners/coaching staff seem to have a clue for a change, and know a player when they see one.

Nothing wrong with Mario's performance today, but hey, let's have page after page slating him... It's the City way after all...

Skashion said:
Still not playing to his strengths as a lone striker. He's brilliant on the through-ball and the diagonal ball over the top. If we get the likes of Silva and Yaya looking for his runs and start breaking out with some pace and he'll be lethal. As it is we're still playing as if we're playing with Tevez. Can't do that and expect it to work for a player who's in a different mould.
this the amount of times he made the run for the through ball but no one picked him out, you could see him getting more and more frustrated as the game went on.

SalfordCityBlue said:
With fans like some of ours, who needs opposition fans? Or the Daily Mail.

As long as Mario wears a blue shirt he should have our support. We always need a whipping boy though eh?

For as long as we value 'effort' over ability we will always struggle. Thankfully, the lunatics are no longer in charge of the City asylum, and the owners/coaching staff seem to have a clue for a change, and know a player when they see one.

Nothing wrong with Mario's performance today, but hey, let's have page after page slating him... It's the City way after all...

And his effort wasn't even lacking today - it is amazing how much influences the press with opinons about our players - has happened with Barry, Adebayor, Robinho etc

Manchestercitychorlton said:
If you actually watch him during the game you can see he is always trying to get in good positions but he doesnt actually get passed to that much

Took 8 pages to get there but that's it in a nutshell. He's always looking to run off the last defender and gets bugger all service from the midfield at times. I thought he did ok today, seen him play better and worse. Unlucky not to score but unlike the OP I thought his effort was acceptable.

BIG DONKEY said:
If it was Dzeko that played as bad as Balo today everybody would be going crazy trying to crucify him

THIS X 100!

I do not mind Balo.

But my God if Dzeko missed two 100% chances, or better yet if Dzeko didn't score in 4-5 consecutive STARTS - I can only imagine what 'Dzeko' thread would look like :-)

lancs blue said:
Manchestercitychorlton said:
If you actually watch him during the game you can see he is always trying to get in good positions but he doesnt actually get passed to that much

Took 8 pages to get there but that's it in a nutshell. He's always looking to run off the last defender and gets bugger all service from the midfield at times. I thought he did ok today, seen him play better and worse. Unlucky not to score but unlike the OP I thought his effort was acceptable.

This. i also felt the same way at some point with dzeko. That players werent giving either of them proper service. It doesnt help alot of the time the ball is being serviced to him in the air when he is at his best with the ball at his feet.

i also feel dzeko AND balo play much better with a partner. ive never been a fan of having a lone striker playing those two together maybe the key.<br /><br />-- Sun May 01, 2011 4:11 pm --<br /><br />
EaglesFan said:
BIG DONKEY said:
If it was Dzeko that played as bad as Balo today everybody would be going crazy trying to crucify him

THIS X 100!

I do not mind Balo.

But my God if Dzeko missed two 100% chances, or better yet if Dzeko didn't score in 4-5 consecutive STARTS - I can only imagine what 'Dzeko' thread would look like :-)

while i agree i think they both get their fair share crucifying......and if you ask me all of our players get a bit too much from everyone on bluemoon. instead of supporting, it seem alot of posters tend to critique everything a player does even if the team is on good form

do you know that thing

that the best strikers have where, instinctively, without thinking about it, they know where to place themselves, or unknowingly where to place themselves, that when a ball comes into the box and they find themselves in exactly the right place that the ball ends up to stick it in the net, that Sir Shaun had in bucketsfull, that Michael Owen had, that Hernandez has, and we all love to see it, well................................................................................................................................................................................................................Ballotelli hasn't got it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.