Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: do you know that thing

tufty said:
that the best strikers have where, instinctively, without thinking about it, they know where to place themselves, or unknowingly where to place themselves, that when a ball comes into the box and they find themselves in exactly the right place that the ball ends up to stick it in the net, that Sir Shaun had in bucketsfull, that Michael Owen had, that Hernandez has, and we all love to see it, well................................................................................................................................................................................................................Ballotelli hasn't got it.

What on earth are you rambling on about? Owen/Hernandez are completely different players to Balotelli.

Honestly what the fuck is wrong with some of you lot? Just enjoy a win for once and like the fact we're on a 3 game winning streak at the business end of the season.

Re: do you know that thing

tufty said:
that the best strikers have where, instinctively, without thinking about it, they know where to place themselves, or unknowingly where to place themselves, that when a ball comes into the box and they find themselves in exactly the right place that the ball ends up to stick it in the net, that Sir Shaun had in bucketsfull, that Michael Owen had, that Hernandez has, and we all love to see it, well................................................................................................................................................................................................................Ballotelli hasn't got it.

do you know that thing that other fans have, instictively, without thinking about it. the ability to sit back, chillax and give players time...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Patience, some fans just haven't got it

Re: being a " character" is not enough

Ah the weekly Balotelli is shit thread when he hasn't scored or wound the rags up. Felt sorry for him today, he was unlucky with a few chances and as the game went on he became more frustrated. Still think he is a better option as the lone man than Dzeko at the moment.

lancs blue said:
Manchestercitychorlton said:
If you actually watch him during the game you can see he is always trying to get in good positions but he doesnt actually get passed to that much

Took 8 pages to get there but that's it in a nutshell. He's always looking to run off the last defender and gets bugger all service from the midfield at times. I thought he did ok today, seen him play better and worse. Unlucky not to score but unlike the OP I thought his effort was acceptable.

I watched him very closely today and his movement when we had the ball deep was ok but not great by any stretch.And the trouble is if a long ball is played to him it's almost always a waste of time as he rarely gets onto it.Beaten if it's in the air,poor first touch if on the ground and far far too often looking for fouls at any physical contact.

But what I felt was happening today was his movement when we had the ball further up the pitch was dreadful.Some say he was static which is true some of the time but it certainly wasnt great and definitely not threatening to the dfenders around him.

Of course there are those times when we get a really good break on and the defenders are all over the place which some will point to to suggest good movement.Hell in situations like that I think anyone would find space but sadly all he m,anaged to do was miss those to gilt edged chances.

Most worrying thing with Tevez on the way out is we're relying on two lads not at the races yet. Both have potential to be big hits but we actually need goalscorers now or will next season. If we sign Sanchez he is not going to be a 25-a-season scorer either so Dzeko or Balotelli have to start scoring regularly if we don't go and buy yet another high profile striker (ie, Cavani, but he isn't guaranteed to hit the ground running either).

If we get the ball in the box enough with any quality Dzeko will score loads.

LoveCity said:
Most worrying thing with Tevez on the way out is we're relying on two lads not at the races yet. Both have potential to be big hits but we actually need goalscorers now or will next season. If we sign Sanchez he is not going to be a 25-a-season scorer either so Dzeko or Balotelli have to start scoring regularly if we don't go and buy yet another high profile striker (ie, Cavani, but he isn't guaranteed to hit the ground running either).

sergio-aguero.jpg

LoveCity said:

How high profile can you get more than Dzeko and Balotelli? Say Aguero is a high profile striker, he will need time to bed in. You'll be going round in circles spending shit loads before you come across a striker that can produce straight away which is rare.

HellasLEAF said:
LoveCity said:

sergio-aguero.jpg

I rate him highly but he isn't even being mentioned as a transfer target for us at the moment. Cavani, Lukaku, and Sanchez are getting all the newspaper space as our attacking targets for summer.

when i said about that "that Thing" that Balotelli hasn't got, I wasn't speaking about his other attributes, I was specifically saying that he is not the instinctive type striker, and never will be.

Does that make him a bad player, not necessarily.

But he will never be more than a 10 - 12 goals a year type of striker, even at his best.

Dzeko showed, with his goal on Monday, where he did accidently find himself in the right place at the right time, that he has more potential in the future.

Dzeko might not score 30yd screamers very often, but he will be putting the ball into the net with his backside and elbow, I don't see Balo being in the right place to ever do that.

How many of Tevez's goals have been 30yd screamers and how many has he mis hit inti the net. More the latter, I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.