Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: All this "OMG, I love Balotelli, wot a legend, OMG" stuff

JoeMercer'sWay said:
it's cause he's the bad boy and apparently world class despite not scoring for 10 games(2 months).

I find it laughable after the stick Robinho/Elano got despite them doing more for the team than Balotelli has.

The Balotelli fanclub just make me laugh.

He adds nothing to the team & takes lots from the respect the Club holds with his idiotic antics on & off the pitch. 0 in 10 -What is he good for...Absolutely Nothing

Re: being a " character" is not enough

didactic said:
So Balotelli faught hard won the ball, passed to Silva who shot and the keeper saved it. Off that we had a corner which resulted in the goal. The second goal he frightened the defender who put it in his own net.

He had shorts of target that needed expert saving and also ran back and won the ball when it was lost. He hit the bar too as well as having a ball cleared off the line. Before people make threads like these I ask them to check stats. Balotelli ran almost more than any other player yet he played for 85 mins.

So nothing you have said is true unless you say its his body language you dislike because his work rate is not what you are questioning.

10 games, 2 months, 0 goals. £24m, off the field antics bringing club into bad headlines, attitude stinks, doesn't use his potential fully, needs pre-match re-assurance hugs of the captain, only bothers when he wants.

strongbowholic said:
Needs our support, not the abuse he was getting today.

Well, that's a different topic and I agree with you. (Although every player is going to be subject to several "FFS" shouts if they mess up and a bit of slagging off if they look like they aren't putting it in or aren't up to it on a regular basis. That's the way it goes in football. It's when people decide they are going to have a negative reaction to a player before that get to a match that there is a problem. Or when they boo them or cheer when they are subbed. Everyone shouts criticism throughout a match though)

All this "OMG, I love Balotelli, wot a legend, OMG" stuff

Did ok today.

Next season we need him to step it up to great, with the ok games as the lowest performance. I have confidence in him that he can step it up

corky1970 said:
So now I'm not worthy to debate , well sunshine , you are worthy of debate .....let me see ... have you made a point yet, ?????

Everyone have a look at this muppets response to my opinion. !!!!

There really is a diversity on here , and I welcome it , unfortunately there is also boys such as yourself who don't have the vocabulary to voice a coherent opinion without the abuse .

Your fun , I'm going to stalk your posts to see if your responses improve .. this should be fun .
Oh and in case you can't understand the above

Ug. Ug. Neeergh. ooooooo ah ooooooo ah !!

Is depressing corky. Fair enough post you have made, but the person who has said "I don't see you worthy to debate with" is a defeatists response.

Who is worthy then, the Pope?

seems to split opinion. most around me slate the lad everytime he gets the ball, mind you they have to yaya aswell up until about 3 games ago. for me mario is one of the best players ive ever seen, can produce something from nothing, extremely versatile, creative, , size and strength and movement / positioning is world class. attitude is a worry i guess, but for me he is the real deal

Couple of over the top negative reactions (imo) to him now, to balance things out.

I can pick plenty to criticise the bloke for, but a bit of patience, combined with criticism for idiocy or laziness, is due.

I was more interested in the demographic of the hero worshippers, to be honest

-- Sun May 01, 2011 11:22 pm --

blue_taff said:
for me mario is one of the best players ive ever seen, can produce something from nothing, extremely versatile, creative, movement, size and strength and movement / positioning is world class.

That's a bit like the thing I'm talking about. (Throw in a bit of "he's a legend, look who he's shagging, look at his car, OMG" and it'd be fully there)

Am I correct in thinking you are very young?

Or are you seriously saying that you've been watching football for years and he is one of the best players you've ever seen?

He is a fucking tit,and a bastard liability

And before anyone starts slating me,i can take it,but being a blue for over 30 years I can honestly say he is a waste of fucking space,and I have seen some waste of spaces don the blue shirt in my time,but he takes the biscuit

corky1970 said:
redmizzle said:
Don't be upset, i just don't consider you worthy to debate with, that's all uncle.

So now I'm not worthy to debate , well sunshine , you are worthy of debate .....let me see ... have you made a point yet, ?????

Everyone have a look at this muppets response to my opinion. !!!!

There really is a diversity on here , and I welcome it , unfortunately there is also boys such as yourself who don't have the vocabulary to voice a coherent opinion without the abuse .

Your fun , I'm going to stalk your posts to see if your responses improve .. this should be fun .
Oh and in case you can't understand the above

Ug. Ug. Neeergh. ooooooo ah ooooooo ah !!

Don't find you worth it uncle, deal with it.

Can't give a fuck?

Is this based on his general attitude and pre thought opinions or actually what he did in the game?

Good things that he did today.....

First half
1. Won a header in the WHU box but put it wide
2. His pressing of the backline resulted in him winning the ball, pass to Silva who crossed which went out for a corner. Resulted in the goal.
3. Zabas shot/cross goal Balo was at the back post waiting to put it in.

Second half
1. Unluckily hit the crossbar once fed in by Silva
2. When Silva decides to pass when he is through on the keeper Balo has it cleared off the line.
3. Milner cross across the face of goal to Balo gets a nick from Da Costa.

Going forward almost everything that was good involved Silva and Balotelli.

But I do respect that city fans have to have a boo boy and without the likes of Lee Peacock, Jon Macken or Antoine Sibierski a 20 year old kid who has an attitude is a perfect target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.