Balotelli & City agree settlement!

moomba said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I assume you're ok with the poster I was responding to calling Balotelli an arsehole because you didn't pick him up on that. And I suspect you know full well that I only used that word in the context of his post.

While I think calling a player an arsehole is a bit pathetic, at least those criticising him are doing so because of his lack of effort and application. Mancini is just making a judgement on a player, he's not doing it for any reason other than what he thinks is best for the club.

Don't really care about the context. You call someone an arsehole because you think they're an arsehole.

-- Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:44 am --

TGR said:
With the signing of Balotelli with the huge fee and wages involved means Mancini's judgement is questionable. Based on what we have seen of Balotelli so far it's not looking good is it?

There's certainly a possibility that his judgement as it relates to Balotelli may ultimately be proven to be wrong.

We should'nt forget that he has scored 30 goals for us in 49 starts and 29 sub appearances. People are making out that he's been a lot worse for us than he actually has.

And how many of those goals are from penalities?

TGR said:
moomba said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I assume you're ok with the poster I was responding to calling Balotelli an arsehole because you didn't pick him up on that. And I suspect you know full well that I only used that word in the context of his post.

While I think calling a player an arsehole is a bit pathetic, at least those criticising him are doing so because of his lack of effort and application. Mancini is just making a judgement on a player, he's not doing it for any reason other than what he thinks is best for the club.

Don't really care about the context. You call someone an arsehole because you think they're an arsehole.

TGR said:
With the signing of Balotelli with the huge fee and wages involved means Mancini's judgement is questionable. Based on what we have seen of Balotelli so far it's not looking good is it?

There's certainly a possibility that his judgement as it relates to Balotelli may ultimately be proven to be wrong.

We should'nt forget that he has scored 30 goals for us in 49 starts and 29 sub appearances. People are making out that he's been a lot worse for us than he actually has.

Do penalties not count any more?

moomba said:
TGR said:
moomba said:

1 goal in 11 hours.

moomba said:
TGR said:
moomba said:

We have numerous players who can strike a penalty and score more often than not. I would reckon circa 10 of Balotelli's goals have come from penalities. How many goals from open play has he scored? How many goals has he scored when we REALLY needed one (as per Edin)? - Not many. Not many at all. Balotelli is a negative drain on the team, the club and the fans. It's time we all put our hands up and admited that its not worked for him or us and move him on. Best for all.

TGR said:
Mancini has no part in setting the wages and we picked him up for £18m, not exactly crazy money when compared with others such as Dzeko, RSC, Milner (who was £24m and had not just won the young Ballon D'or)

The cookie monster said:
1 goal in 11 hours.

He's got 3 for us this year. From around 14 hours. That will need to improve no doubt, but he's not the first player to go on a bad scoring run.

SWP's back said:
TGR said:
Mancini has no part in setting the wages and we picked him up for £18m, not exactly crazy money when compared with others such as Dzeko, RSC, Milner (who was £24m and had not just won the young Ballon D'or)

But at least Milner puts a shift in every time he pulls on a blue shirt!

TGR said:
We have numerous players who can strike a penalty and score more often than not. I would reckon circa 10 of Balotelli's goals have come from penalities. How many goals from open play has he scored? How many goals has he scored when we REALLY needed one (as per Edin)? - Not many. Not many at all. Balotelli is a negative drain on the team, the club and the fans. It's time we all put our hands up and admited that its not worked for him or us and move him on. Best for all.

Why do we "need" to put our hands up and admit it's not worked out? What exactly will that achieve?

Was he a negative drain in the cup semi (MOM), the cup final (MOM), the 1-6, the Villa hattrick, the last 15 minutes at QPR (it was just 7 months ago you know)?

And you'll find that some of the penalties he's scored we also earned by him, although I'm guessing that won't count either in some peoples eyes.

OABAAB said:
There is no "I" in team as the saying goes but there is in Balotelli, that is the problem!

That team is the current league champions. Maybe the problem isn't as bad as is being made out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.