Balotelli & City agree settlement!

moomba said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I assume you're ok with the poster I was responding to calling Balotelli an arsehole because you didn't pick him up on that. And I suspect you know full well that I only used that word in the context of his post.

While I think calling a player an arsehole is a bit pathetic, at least those criticising him are doing so because of his lack of effort and application. Mancini is just making a judgement on a player, he's not doing it for any reason other than what he thinks is best for the club.

Don't really care about the context. You call someone an arsehole because you think they're an arsehole.

I actually think it is worse calling Balotelli an arsehole to be honest. Balotelli is a young bloke who for whatever reason behaves the way he does, we all know that is the way he is (it seems only one person doesn't) and it could be for all sorts of reasons. Mancini, an experienced manager has no excuses. I think picking him for the derby was unforgiveable management same as not only picking him for Arsenal away last season but leaving him on the pitch until he got sent off. The fact that so many months on the same mistakes are being made is awful and I have little doubt the same mistakes will be made again. In fact describing it as a mere mistake seems too generous. I stand by my point, in the whole Balotelli situation imo Mancini is far more at fault than Balotelli.

TGR said:
Lancet Fluke said:
moomba said:
The manager can certainly be questioned, no-one has ever suggested that isn't the case.

But it's a shame when a manager can be called an arsehole by one our supporters simply for doing what he believes is best for the club.

As for how the rest of the squad feel, they probably see a player who plays less than any of the attacking players in the squad and has just copped a fine from the club. I suspect they're not drama queening it up like some of us.

I suspect when he was picked to start against united when there hadn't been much evidence in the previous 8 months that he was going to be the correct choice they were utterly bemused but I don't supoose either of us know for sure what the rest of the squad really make of the way Mancini treats Mario. I assume you're ok with the poster I was responding to calling Balotelli an arsehole because you didn't pick him up on that. And I suspect you know full well that I only used that word in the context of his post.

What I think we do know is what the rest of the squad think of Mario:
Just look how the overall team performance DRAMATICALLY improves the very second he is taken off. Sunderland and the Rag's just instances lately. The transformation of the team, how they played and their overall performance was incredible. It's clear the other players can't wait to see the back of him.
It's over for Mario now - another of his 'I couldn't give a fuck' performances and the fans on the terraces will turn on him. There is no coming back from that I'm afraid. Ciao, Ciao Mario.

But this is the problem, I really don't think it is over for Mario with City at all. I think Mancini will keep going with him against all the evidence or at least until someone else decides enough is enough and insists on getting rid of Mario.

moomba said:
OABAAB said:
There is no "I" in team as the saying goes but there is in Balotelli, that is the problem!

That team is the current league champions. Maybe the problem isn't as bad as is being made out.

Maybe! but it IS a problem.

TGR said:
SWP's back said:
TGR said:
With the signing of Balotelli with the huge fee and wages involved means Mancini's judgement is questionable. Based on what we have seen of Balotelli so far it's not looking good is it?
Mancini has no part in setting the wages and we picked him up for £18m, not exactly crazy money when compared with others such as Dzeko, RSC, Milner (who was £24m and had not just won the young Ballon D'or)

But at least Milner puts a shift in every time he pulls on a blue shirt!
And if we were to sell either, which player would make us a profit?

SWP's back said:
TGR said:
SWP's back said:
Mancini has no part in setting the wages and we picked him up for £18m, not exactly crazy money when compared with others such as Dzeko, RSC, Milner (who was £24m and had not just won the young Ballon D'or)

But at least Milner puts a shift in every time he pulls on a blue shirt!
And if we were to sell either, which player would make us a profit?

Neither.

LongsightM13 said:
After last season and Tevez, never say never. I accept it's a long shot, but stranger things have happened than Mario going on to have a great second half to the season

The difference is that performances were never an issue with Tevez. I think we all thought that by and large he would play well if he got back on the pitch.

Lancet Fluke said:
LongsightM13 said:
After last season and Tevez, never say never. I accept it's a long shot, but stranger things have happened than Mario going on to have a great second half to the season

The difference is that performances were never an issue with Tevez. I think we all thought that by and large he would play well if he got back on the pitch.

Tevez was garbage in the first part of the season (until the holiday). Apart from the Norwich game he wasn't a lot better when he came back IMO. A good example of how a player can turn things around though definitely.

I think we can safely say it's time for Mr Mario to be moved on.

What a waste of talent. I bet every poster on here would give there right arm to be in such a privelaged position.

If we can sell for decent money then get rid

Re: Balotelli & City agree settlement!

I agree we should move him on but in the mean time when there is so many games he should play but only to rest players over the Christmas period

he's an awful footballer, hes like a freestyler, got all the skills but once it comes on the pitch hes shocking, thats mario. Get rid of him as soon as possible, how many chances his he going to get ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.