Balotelli (continued - bust up with Mancini pg 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Balotelli (continued)

I've done the the stats on Tevez and Aguero starts when partnership ends. The fourteen starts 100% win record is a tricky stat. When you look at the results as they were when either Tevez (usually) or Aguero were substituted, the partnership doesn't look impressive at all, giving us a 53% win ratio and a run rate of 73 points over a season!

LEAGUE (15)
Drawing (Reading, Spurs, Fulham, Southampton, Newcastle)
Losing (QPR)
Lost (Sunderland)

EUROPE (1)
Drawing (None)
Losing (Ajax)

However, you've also got to think about why we were able to bounce back in all those games. Is it because Tevez and Aguero knackered the opposition mentally and physically with a high workrate and concentration, allowing the subs, often Dzeko and Balo, to make an impact? It's a tricky stat to interpret but the general rule should be, start with them Aguero and Tevez but for fuck sake don't live them both on the pitch if you're drawing or losing past the 60 minute mark!

LoveCity said:
I thought Aguero was good today in terms of general play, his finishing is just awful - same can be said for the lot of them.

Lavinda Past said:
Balo and Edin against norwich, with Tevez just behind.

We've never won a game in 5 attempts with Mario and Edin starting together, they just aren't compatible.

If we had a better midfield I would like us to try Mario as a lone striker one time, he is effective for Italy. It requires a lot of accurate high balls though and we just have no midfielder with the passing range of a Pirlo.
Didn't he play as a Lone striker with Aguero behind when we won 6 -1. I don't get this obsession Mancini has with playing Aguero the furthest forward.

MSP said:
allowing the subs, often Dzeko and Balo, to make an impact?

not really often :)
He was involved as a sub against Fulham, Southampton, QPR and Ajax, so four of those 8 matches listed above. Anyway, he's going soon I expect so it's a superfluous argument with regards to the future. Whether Tevez or Aguero should start will be a non-debate pretty soon.

Skashion said:
MSP said:

He was involved as a sub against Fulham, Southampton, QPR and Ajax, so four of those 8 matches listed above. Anyway, he's going soon I expect so it's a superfluous argument with regards to the future. Whether Tevez or Aguero should start will be a non-debate pretty soon.

Do you know this for certain?

citykev28 said:
Skashion said:

Do you know this for certain?

Skashion said:
MSP said:

I meant he didn't make any impact except in one game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.