Balotelli (continued - bust up with Mancini pg 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Balotelli (continued)

Lavinda Past said:
All this hoo ha around Mario is simply hiding the fact that....

Tevez and Aguero don't cut the mustard. They have been little more than spectators in most games and as strikers have just not been good enough this season.

Around £200,000 per week each... that is not money well spent. No doubt they train well.

One or the other to go in January to fund a GOALSCORER.

Mario must start against Norwich.
The same tevez and aguero who have played and won 14 out of 14 when starting together before today

The mind boggles

the thing is all this kun tevez partnership is vastly overrated... mario was dropped from the squad for below par performances... why cant aguero be dropped then??... he has been pretty below par throughout the season... today,he showed the same... peopl love to jump on mario.. i dont understand why cant they jump like that on aguero!!... is it really the colour thing??... i dont want to criticize both because i think both of them are supremely talented players... but,i have to say that people here has been having double standards just like mancini... some of the people here think mancini is favouring mario... what favours has he done mario actually??... mancini hasnt handled him well at all... he has been more harsh on balotelli is what i felt throughout his time here... people might say balotelli's antics wouldnt have been tolerated by anyone,but mancini.. its actually the lamest comment i have heard about balotelli... even,the great mourinho continued to give balotelli the opportunities at internazionale,that too after worse antics from him than at his time here at city...
i just would like it if mario is seen in the same eyes as of aguero and tevez and all... here,its like one rule for balotelli and another for the rest...<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:50 pm --<br /><br />
The cookie monster said:
Lavinda Past said:

Tevez and Aguero don't cut the mustard. They have been little more than spectators in most games and as strikers have just not been good enough this season.

Around £200,000 per week each... that is not money well spent. No doubt they train well.

The same tevez and aguero who have played and won 14 out of 14 when starting together before today

The mind boggles

their performance level was the same as it was back all 14 games.. the difference is that today we ran out of luck to cover for those average performances...

albindgreat said:
the thing is all this kun tevez partnership is vastly overrated... mario was dropped from the squad for below par performances... why cant aguero be dropped then??... he has been pretty below par throughout the season... today,he showed the same... peopl love to jump on mario.. i dont understand why cant they jump like that on aguero!!... is it really the colour thing??... i dont want to criticize both because i think both of them are supremely talented players... but,i have to say that people here has been having double standards just like mancini... some of the people here think mancini is favouring mario... what favours has he done mario actually??... mancini hasnt handled him well at all... he has been more harsh on balotelli is what i felt throughout his time here... people might say balotelli's antics wouldnt have been tolerated by anyone,but mancini.. its actually the lamest comment i have heard about balotelli... even,the great mourinho continued to give balotelli the opportunities at internazionale,that too after worse antics from him than at his time here at city...
i just would like it if mario is seen in the same eyes as of aguero and tevez and all... here,its like one rule for balotelli and another for the rest...

-- Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:50 pm --

The cookie monster said:
Lavinda Past said:

The mind boggles

their performance level was the same as it was back all 14 games.. the difference is that today we ran out of luck to cover for those average performances...
So it was a lucky 14 winning streak
Cheers for that.

The cookie monster said:
albindgreat said:
i just would like it if mario is seen in the same eyes as of aguero and tevez and all... here,its like one rule for balotelli and another for the rest...

The cookie monster said:

The mind boggles

Cheers for that.

nope.. it wasnt completely lucky... but did all those wins come from convincing performances??... no... did all those wins happen only because of tevez and aguero??... nope... thats why i said the partnership is vastly overrated...

albindgreat said:
The cookie monster said:
albindgreat said:

Cheers for that.

nope.. it wasnt completely lucky... but did all those wins come from convincing performances??... no... did all those wins happen only because of tevez and aguero??... nope... thats why i said the partnership is vastly overrated...

Completely agree it must be a colour thing. I mean there has been no difference between the performances, number of goals, application, attitude, behaviour, number of games missed due to suspension, criticism by the manager due to poor performance is training of Aguero and Balotelli. What else could it be?

The cookie monster said:
albindgreat said:

The cookie monster said:

The mind boggles

Cheers for that.

And how many of them games did Dzeko come and save the day or did the team perform better when one of them was subbed off like against QPR?

For me Mancini's biggest mistake was bringing Mario to the club and his inability to manage him. Out of all of Mancini's transfers Balotelli has been the worst signing. The reasons for this are:

We signed Balo for around 24 million when he was the best young player in Europe (he just won the golden boy award) and out of all our signings he was the one who had potential to be the best player in the world. However he looks more likely to become a chef at wimpy than the best player in the world and Mancini is the one to blame IMO.

Balo has all the attributes to be a world class number 9. He is fast, strong, good in the air, can draw defenders in for fouls and can finish. However I don't think Mancini has ever trusted Mario to be the main striker. Aguero normally is the number one striker but IMO a Mario and Aguero partnership could work if Aguero played more deep, like Rooney does with RVP. Before we signed Kun he played a similar role for Atletico with Forlan being the main striker so it could work here. But Mancini just doesn't trust Mario to lead the line.

Yes Mario can drive us fans crazy and has to take a lot of responsibility for his actions but I still feel if Bobby gave him a good solid run in the team as the main striker for 7-8 games we would see a totally different Mario.

It takes a special player to win the golden boy award and teams like Barca, Real, PSG and even United realise when they have a special talent and they build the team around that player. Messi, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Rooney and RVP are examples of this and we should have done this with Mario. Aguero and Tevez IMO both play better when they are playing off a main striker anyway.

Mario needs to be at a club when they will play to his strengths and sadly he won't get that here. The difference between the Man City Mario and the Italy Mario is staggering .

franksinatra said:
albindgreat said:
The cookie monster said:
Cheers for that.

Completely agree it must be a colour thing. I mean there has been no difference between the performances, number of goals, application, attitude, behaviour, number of games missed due to suspension, criticism by the manager due to poor performance is training of Aguero and Balotelli. What else could it be?

forget the goals antics and all... mario has scored a lot of goals too... his goals per minute ratio isnt that bad... if goals alone are considered,shouldnt dzeko be our number one striker... just consider the performances... if mario deserves an axa for his performances,sergio deserves the same too...

albindgreat said:
franksinatra said:
albindgreat said:

forget the goals antics and all... mario has scored a lot of goals too... his goals per minute ratio isnt that bad... if goals alone are considered,shouldnt dzeko be our number one striker... just consider the performances... if mario deserves an axa for his performances,sergio deserves the same too...

100% spot on. Sergio is living on past glories - Not the same player as last season.

Needs a long spell on the bench... (at which point he will ask for a move...)

I love Sergio but don't like the preferential treatment he and (to a lesser degree) Tevez get over Balo and Edin.

Balo and Edin against norwich, with Tevez just behind.

I thought Aguero was good today in terms of general play, his finishing is just awful - same can be said for the lot of them.

Lavinda Past said:
Balo and Edin against norwich, with Tevez just behind.

We've never won a game in 5 attempts with Mario and Edin starting together, they just aren't compatible.

If we had a better midfield I would like us to try Mario as a lone striker one time, he is effective for Italy. It requires a lot of accurate high balls though and we just have no midfielder with the passing range of a Pirlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.