Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BurnCK said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Jnr Kisby said:
I bet he was 'shite' too when he set up aguero in the 94th minute?!

Not sure if it's true but was that the ONLY assist from Mario last season?

I believe he got 2.....World Class !
Seriously that statistic is astonishing.i did struggle to see what some see.but that statistic says it all.How many assists do Messi and Ronaldo have then ?,his agent reckons he is the third best player in the World.Worth as much as the Mona Lisa.

jay_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
Shaelumstash said:
I was at the game but have watched it back and Redknapp and Souness absolutely slaughter him. Nothing to do with Mancini bringing him off, so my point is far from moot. Unfortunately people, seemingly including yourself, have bought in to Balotelli the myth and don't judge him on his actions on the pitch anymore. Shame really.

They slaughtered his performance, which you've taken exception to, yet Mancini also slaughtered his performance, therefore your point is moot.

No it's not a moot point. He's right. Regardless of who is doing the slating they are wrong and looking for a scapegoat which Balotelli has been for a long time now. I said after West Ham Mancini was wrong to sub him before one or two others and he was wrong again. Mancini made an emotional decision at a bad time and whilst you could argue it was a good decision because of the effect Tevez had on the game, it has left Balotelli wide open to be slated. Maybe it was Mancini's way of having some of the pressure lifted off him, he has done that kind of thing before. It's just a shame that people are now blaming Balotelli when he didn't actually do anything wrong and was involved in everything we did well in the first half.

Did we have a shot on target in the first half? We carried no threat whatsoever until Tevez came on.

Happy Feet said:
When he got taken off we improved beyond all recognition, FACT, that should tell you all you need to know.

And the EXACT same thing happend against Sunderland. The minute he was replaced we also improved beyond all recognition. Augero scored within 5 minutes of replacing him and we scored another 2 within 25 minutes. The difference without him is genuinely amazing. It as so the team are just glad to see the back of him - it really is.

The only reason we won the league last year was due to the fact that he got sent off against Arsenal and couldn't play. Guess what... we won 6 on the bounce without him and won the Premiership.

if you read some of my previous postings on here you will see that my view of Balotelli has not changed: he is a negative drain on the Manager, the team and the club. He will end up costing Mancini his job and Mancini can only have himself to blame. If he sticks with Balotelli after yesterday then no one can have any sympathy for him whatsoever.

You can't fool the match going fans all of the time and Balotelli has had it - its over. He has been found out and is now being seen for what he is: A lazy, selfish, egotistical, over paid footballer who does not deserve the talent he was born with. The sooner he's gone the better for all concerned.

jay_mcfc said:
No it's not a moot point. He's right. Regardless of who is doing the slating they are wrong and looking for a scapegoat which Balotelli has been for a long time now. I said after West Ham Mancini was wrong to sub him before one or two others and he was wrong again. Mancini made an emotional decision at a bad time and whilst you could argue it was a good decision because of the effect Tevez had on the game, it has left Balotelli wide open to be slated. Maybe it was Mancini's way of having some of the pressure lifted off him, he has done that kind of thing before. It's just a shame that people are now blaming Balotelli when he didn't actually do anything wrong and was involved in everything we did well in the first half.

The question isn't about how effective Balo was or wasn't, it's about how the watching world (our supporters included) viewed that performance. And as I say, when the manager is the first person to stick the boot in, then it really becomes irrelevant what anyone else says. So whether it's Souness, Rednapp, or a poster on the forum, the point is moot. Because the players' manager himself has slated him.

And I don't buy this "oh it's just Mancini's way of relieving pressure or protecting his players". Publicly slagging your players off regularly is a shit thing to do, no matter who you are.

TGR said:
Happy Feet said:
When he got taken off we improved beyond all recognition, FACT, that should tell you all you need to know.

And the EXACT same thing happend against Sunderland. The minute he was replaced we also improved beyond all recognition. Augero scored within 5 minutes of replacing him and we scored another 2 within 25 minutes. The difference without him is genuinely amazing. It as so the team are just glad to see the back of him - it really is.

The only reason we won the league last year was due to the fact that he got sent off against Arsenal and couldn't play. Guess what... we won 6 on the bounce without him and won the Premiership.

if you read some of my previous postings on here you will see that my view of Balotelli has not changed: he is a negative drain on the Manager, the team and the club. He will end up costing Mancini his job and Mancini can only have himself to blame. If he sticks with Balotelli after yesterday then no one can have any sympathy for him whatsoever.

You can't fool the match going fans all of the time and Balotelli has had it - its over. He has been found out and is now being seen for what he is: A lazy, selfish, egotistical, over paid footballer who does not deserve the talent he was born with. The sooner he's gone the better for all concerned.

Bravo fella-I couldn't have put it better myself.

TGR said:
Happy Feet said:

I was stunned at the transformation when Tevez came on yesterday. The whole place and team got an instant lift.
Now that isn't to say that Mario's going off was the reason, Tevez always seems to have this effect. But the fact remains that the team played much better, seemed more up for it and generally upped their game. They knew that if the ball went to Tevez he was very likely to get it under control and make something happen, giving his team mates the confidence to make runs in 'anticipation'.
This left me with one question; why start Mario over Tevez?
I think Bobby may have been offering Mario the chance to redeem himself, to make a name (a good one) for himself, to pull his finger out. It was the perfect time and place for Mario and he blew it.
I didn't see Mario do anything stupid yesterday, but then again i was in the front row and didn't have the benefit of Sky's take on things. He seemed to do alright without really lighting up the game and maybe that's one of the problems. We expect something special from him all the time.
I think it's time for Mancini to pick a front pair and stick with them if they're working. The other strikers can sit on the bench until the form or fitness of the preferred pairing drops. Then the subs get a chance. They should be hungry and determined to take that chance and do everything not to be dropped for the next game. I know that idea is old fashioned in todays game but it worked very well for donkeys years before anyone in football could even spell 'rotation'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.