Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
simon23 said:
primemutton said:
the coaching aspects worry me here, balotelli still is a very sharp finisher, but some of his passing , movement and link up play can often leave a lot to be desired, this has been the case for some time now and i have to question what exactly is going on in training

see i would say exactly the opposite......his link up play is very good....yes he tries flicks that dont come off but in general its it s very quick and sharp....as his speed of thought and his vision are very good. You can see this in the way he shapes up to play a pass before the ball has even got to him at times. he also uses very little back lift and still creates the power for the pass; this again makes his passes very quick in the timing of them

i would say he does need to work on his finishing but that will come
39 shots ......1 goal

like i say it will come.......what some people dont seem to realise is that we can afford to be patient with him; we have other quality strikers in that position

if he was a defender/midfielder then it would be more crucial but it is not balotelli that is losing us games....he didnt lose us the derby...poor defensive cover in the midfield lost us the derby (and a bit of bad luck as well)

simon23 said:
The cookie monster said:
simon23 said:
see i would say exactly the opposite......his link up play is very good....yes he tries flicks that dont come off but in general its it s very quick and sharp....as his speed of thought and his vision are very good. You can see this in the way he shapes up to play a pass before the ball has even got to him at times. he also uses very little back lift and still creates the power for the pass; this again makes his passes very quick in the timing of them

i would say he does need to work on his finishing but that will come
39 shots ......1 goal

like i say it will come.......what some people dont seem to realise is that we can afford to be patient with him; we have other quality strikers in that position

if he was a defender/midfielder then it would be more crucial but it is not balotelli that is losing us games....he didnt lose us the derby...poor defensive cover in the midfield lost us the derby (and a bit of bad luck as well)
You don't spend £20 million or whatever the true cost was, on a player and wait for him to come good.

He's been here 2+ years and we're still talking about his potential. That says a lot to me

And your post to me suggests a lack of patience......

I guess negatives are easier to find than positives!

simon23 said:
And your post to me suggests a lack of patience......

I guess negatives are easier to find than positives!
Lack of patience?

He's been here over 2 years and it's still "he has the potential..."! How much longer do you want the club to pamper him?

And sadly where Mario is concerned, there are more negatives than positives.

pudge said:
You don't spend £20 million or whatever the true cost was, on a player and wait for him to come good.

He's been here 2+ years and we're still talking about his potential. That says a lot to me

You also don't spend £20m on a player and get rid of them no matter the price because they haven't shone as bright as some expected.

He's scored 30 goals for the club in less than 2 and a half years, so it hasn't all been bad.

moomba said:
pudge said:

You also don't spend £20m on a player and get rid of them no matter the price because they haven't shone as bright as some expected.

He's scored 30 goals for the club in less than 2 and a half years, so it hasn't all been bad.
Dzeko's scored 30+ but people still want him gone? (And recieves less supprt than Mario does when those shouts come about btw)

But like I said the negatives outweigh the positives with Mario, and one of the few positives is this 'potential' bollocks. 2+ years, watching him every week and I have no reason to believe he'll become this 'world class' striker some swear by

pudge said:
Dzeko's scored 30+ but people still want him gone? (And recieves less supprt than Mario does when those shouts come about btw)

But like I said the negatives outweigh the positives with Mario, and one of the few positives is this 'potential' bollocks. 2+ years, watching him every week and I have no reason to believe he'll become this 'world class' striker some swear by

In the long run it doesn't matter what they cost, that will have no bearing on whether they stay or go.

moomba said:
pudge said:

In the long run it doesn't matter what they cost, that will have no bearing on whether they stay or go.
Might not play a bearing on whether or not a player stays or goes.

But it does play a part in expectation. You don't pay £20m for a player and willfully play the waiting game like simon23 has said.

simon23 said:

[bigimg]http://i4.minus.com/ibn4xO793j6cwH.jpg[/bigimg]

pudge said:
moomba said:
pudge said:

Might not play a bearing on whether or not a player stays or goes.

But it does play a part in expectation. You don't pay £20m for a player and willfully play the waiting game like simon23 has said.

Why?

Is it a rule that a 20 year old £20m signing has to be at his best straight away?

Phil Phuckwitt over at the rags cost nearly that much, they're not rushing him out the door.

Once a player is in the club the price you bought him for should have no bearing on whether you keep him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.