Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a total disgrace. A disgrace to the shirt, his team mates and the club and has been since the munute he arrived. Trouble and nothing but trouble 24/7.
For the sake of the team and the club we have to cut our losses and off load him next month regardless of the cost.
I've got to the point where I can't stand the bloke!

Pigeonho said:
His saving grace is this character some people seem oh so obsessed with.

The people that seem most obsessed by his character are those that want him out. People are giving footballing reasons why he might be worth persevering with, and the standard response seems to be that the only reason you wouldn't want rid it's because you are obsessed with his character.

For me, the stories about Mario are entertaining but on the whole have fuck all relevance to how he performs on the pitch for us.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

The people that seem most obsessed by his character are those that want him out. People are giving footballing reasons why he might be worth persevering with, and the standard response seems to be that the only reason you wouldn't want rid it's because you are obsessed with his character.

For me, the stories about Mario are entertaining but on the whole have fuck all relevance to how he performs on the pitch for us.
And he was unavailable for 11 games last season due to his 'character'

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

I am 100% interested in his on pitch performances and 100% NOT interested in what he does off the pitch.

His performances on the pitch are simply not good enough even though I can concede that in the derby he wasn't that bad and not even the worst player in a blue shirt.I cannot remember when the last time was the he played genuinely well and had a really positive influence on the game ( cue the inevitable mention of the QPR assist which was 7 months ago)

He sounds like a problem trainer, according to the manager, a problem in the dressing room, according to inside sources and then when the manager does give him a chance he does nothing ,according to everyone who watches the game.. Doesn't sound like the sort of player we should be keeping.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Doesn't sound like the sort of player we should be keeping.

I don't think we will be to be honest. The whole Mario discussion for me has almost become moot.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
I am 100% interested in his on pitch performances and 100% NOT interested in what he does off the pitch.

His performances on the pitch are simply not good enough even though I can concede that in the derby he wasn't that bad and not even the worst player in a blue shirt.I cannot remember when the last time was the he played genuinely well and had a really positive influence on the game ( cue the inevitable mention of the QPR assist which was 7 months ago)

He sounds like a problem trainer, according to the manager, a problem in the dressing room, according to inside sources and then when the manager does give him a chance he does nothing ,according to everyone who watches the game.. Doesn't sound like the sort of player we should be keeping.

I have no problem with people having that point of view. It's an understandable one, and although I don't agree with all of it (I do agree with some of it) I can see why people might think that way.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

But that is why many want him to be as good on the pitch as people seem to think he can be. A character off it, brilliant on it - even I, his most fierce of critics, would be happy with that. He isn't brilliant on it though and I would stick a leg out and hedge my bets that at no point in his career will he ever be classed as brilliant. The only time I have seen him look anything like brilliant is that game v Germany, but it takes more than one match to be a brilliant player. I saw Jo brought up in one post and laughed because it was a brilliant game for CSKA which made Inter aware of Jo - one brilliant game. We all know what Jo was like and whilst I won't say Balotelli is as bad as that, I will say he's done nothing in a blue shirt to make him have anything like people thinking he is worth persevering with. How long do you do that for anyway? How long do you persevere with someone who more often than not doesn't do much to deserve another chance?
The team with Balotelli does not work. The team without Balotelli does work.

I am amazed at the number of people still defending Mario.

People constantly harping on about how he has potential etc.

He's not a child anymore. He should be showing us his potential already.

He's playing for the current champions of England. A team that is looking to make it's mark in Europe. A player of his apparent potential should see no greater opportunity than this to put his stamp on the football map.

I get the whole 'defend your own' mentality, however, if this guy was at Chelsea, United or Arsenal, he'd be labelled everything under the sun and laughing at how he's still not been sold (when in reality he probably would have been by their respective managers).

Potential he may have.
Likeliness to reach said potential? Not very.

A waste of talent.

Pigeonho said:
But that is why many want him to be as good on the pitch as people seem to think he can be.

I want him to be as good on the pitch as I think he can be because it will help us win games.

The team with Balotelli does not work. The team without Balotelli does work.

I hear this a lot, and for someone that apparently holds teams back he's got a decent amount of silverware to his name. Team with Balo worked in the cup semi, cup final, 1-6 etc so we know it can work. While he remains at the club we can assume that RM thinks that it will work for us in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.