Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
jma said:
jma said:
If you think that City, or any club, is quite happy to, outside of accounting practices, quite happy to determine sale prices of every single one of their players according to their contract situation, in effect meaning that the club is happy to give every player away on a free at the end of their contract, then it is you that is stupid.

If you genuinely believe that the club signed this clown for an inflated fee with the attitude 'well, we'll sell him at some point during his contract but obviously we only expect to get 50%, 25% or 0% of what we paid as his contract will be running down' then I don't know what to say.

You could not name a single club who would buy a player of his age for a high fee and, at the point of purchase, be thinking of anything other than, should they choose to sell him in the future, aiming for recouping what they paid or, more likely, making a profit after he develops.

With your ridiculous comment you are suggesting that clubs sign expensive young players in the knowledge that they are likely to make a massive percentage loss, given that value depreciates over the length of their contract.

Mental. But when you have a schoolboy, celebrity crush on someone, the mind works in mysterious ways.

I see the love struck school girl has steadfastly refused to address this. Preferring instead to peddle the ridiculous notion that football clubs buy 20 year old players for £20m fees and treat and value them in the same way an accountant would value a car, depreciating its value from the day it is bought until it is eventually worth nothing and has no resale value at all.

It sums up the mental illness that this bloke has when it comes to his crush that he is seeking to make out that any club sanctioning the amount spent on Balotelli would not be, at a minimum, expecting that such a young "potential filled" player, to at least retain, and most probably increase, his value as he proves his ability at the top level.

Instead, we are left with a dud whose valuation and worth to suitors falls by the months, at roughly the same rate that most judges decrease their estimation of his ability.

Yet this clown would have you believe that such a loss is a success for City and something that they planned for financially. An absolutely amazing obsession.
Irrespective of his performances on the pitch, Balotelli has added value to the Manchester City brand far in excess a combination of the money we paid Inter to sign him and the player himself has received in wages in the last 30 or so months.

Has he ?

Could you show why this is please bud, i would say he has given only negative publicity and any good stuff is attributed with brand Balo, not City.

TL;DR I think your dead wrong.

Just saw some of the story, City's two-week fine was because he missed over 20% of our games last season through suspension (11/54). But he refuses to accept it so has gone above City to the Premier League to try and get the fine squashed. Story says City want it settled before the winter transfer window so they can get him out of the club.

Mancio said:
jma said:
jma said:
If you think that City, or any club, is quite happy to, outside of accounting practices, quite happy to determine sale prices of every single one of their players according to their contract situation, in effect meaning that the club is happy to give every player away on a free at the end of their contract, then it is you that is stupid.

If you genuinely believe that the club signed this clown for an inflated fee with the attitude 'well, we'll sell him at some point during his contract but obviously we only expect to get 50%, 25% or 0% of what we paid as his contract will be running down' then I don't know what to say.

You could not name a single club who would buy a player of his age for a high fee and, at the point of purchase, be thinking of anything other than, should they choose to sell him in the future, aiming for recouping what they paid or, more likely, making a profit after he develops.

With your ridiculous comment you are suggesting that clubs sign expensive young players in the knowledge that they are likely to make a massive percentage loss, given that value depreciates over the length of their contract.

Mental. But when you have a schoolboy, celebrity crush on someone, the mind works in mysterious ways.

I see the love struck school girl has steadfastly refused to address this. Preferring instead to peddle the ridiculous notion that football clubs buy 20 year old players for £20m fees and treat and value them in the same way an accountant would value a car, depreciating its value from the day it is bought until it is eventually worth nothing and has no resale value at all.

It sums up the mental illness that this bloke has when it comes to his crush that he is seeking to make out that any club sanctioning the amount spent on Balotelli would not be, at a minimum, expecting that such a young "potential filled" player, to at least retain, and most probably increase, his value as he proves his ability at the top level.

Instead, we are left with a dud whose valuation and worth to suitors falls by the months, at roughly the same rate that most judges decrease their estimation of his ability.

Yet this clown would have you believe that such a loss is a success for City and something that they planned for financially. An absolutely amazing obsession.

you quote yourself and call me obsessed LOL

Call it poetic justice..

Just as with Carlitos, the most practical option is to kiss and make up. Mario's value to other clubs right now is the lowest it has ever been, so it's the wrong time to sell. The wages he will want (and the fees his agent will demand) can't be justified by any club that I can think of.

The best strategy to get rid of him would be to drop the fines, give him some appearances, hold his hand, and shine him up for the summer transfer window. Plant a few stories in the press about how he got his head right and now he's mature and then offload him.

LoveCity said:
Just saw some of the story, City's two-week fine was because he missed over 20% of our games last season through suspension (11/54). But he refuses to accept it so has gone above City to the Premier League to try and get the fine squashed. Story says City want it settled before the winter transfer window so they can get him out of the club.

If I was on charge in City I will pay the fines and sell him.

Showing this problem in public will reduce the current value of Mario a lot imo, more than the reported 340k pound.

jma said:
jma said:

Irrespective of his performances on the pitch, Balotelli has added value to the Manchester City brand far in excess a combination of the money we paid Inter to sign him and the player himself has received in wages in the last 30 or so months.

Football players are not signed on this basis.

If the scenario "he will not deliver on the pitch, his value will fall, his footballing stock will plummet and there is a possibility that he is a source of division amongst the team and the fans. Yet he will make lots of column inches, a large amount of them negative" were put to the manager, the board and the owners via a crystal ball before signing him, we both know that they would have not gone ahead with it.

He was not signed to 'raise the profile' and he can get as many column inches as he wants for being an idiot and it would not compare one iota to the performances last season and the final day for 'raising the profile' of this club.

I think too many people are under selling what this club are doing and where it is going. The tabloid exposure or Mario Balotelli is almost totally irrelevant as to whether they achieve that and the associated profile that comes with it. (In fact, there is an argument that the negative perception he allows the press to spread about the team could work against securing potential signings.)

I remember a similar argument being made about Robinho. Another total flop. I would imagine that there is not much more of an insulting term to a focused professional footballer than 'your worth to this club is based not on your footballing ability but on some sort of off the field reputation that comes with you.'

(I also note that the star struck lover has again failed to respond to a point about his desperate attempts to mas the truth about his beau)

Mancio said:
jma said:
jma said:

you quote yourself and call me obsessed LOL

Are you related to Coco ??

jma said:
jma said:

Football players are not signed on this basis.

If the scenario "he will not deliver on the pitch, his value will fall, his footballing stock will plummet and there is a possibility that he is a source of division amongst the team and the fans. Yet he will make lots of column inches, a large amount of them negative" were put to the manager, the board and the owners via a crystal ball before signing him, we both know that they would have not gone ahead with it.

He was not signed to 'raise the profile' and he can get as many column inches as he wants for being an idiot and it would not compare one iota to the performances last season and the final day for 'raising the profile' of this club.

I think too many people are under selling what this club are doing and where it is going. The tabloid exposure or Mario Balotelli is almost totally irrelevant as to whether they achieve that and the associated profile that comes with it. (In fact, there is an argument that the negative perception he allows the press to spread about the team could work against securing potential signings.)

I remember a similar argument being made about Robinho. Another total flop. I would imagine that there is not much more of an insulting term to a focused professional footballer than 'your worth to this club is based not on your footballing ability but on some sort of off the field reputation that comes with you.'

(I also note that the star struck lover has again failed to respond to a point about his desperate attempts to mas the truth about his beau)

if you think i should be bothered to respond to the shite you write you have wait a bit i'm worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.