Balotelli - could be a Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.
manimanc said:
I think the name Mario balotelli is bigger than the footballer Mario balotelli....
Like somebody posted he's probably got more press off the field than on it...

Gazzetta claim that in 568 days at Milan Balotelli made 788 headlines. 1.3 per day. Says it all for me, great potential just no focus on being a professional.

So far, even at our club, Balotelli never lived up to the talented world class player some people have him for. He's simply a very good, yet unreliable player who will never be a team player, but one who can singlehandedly change the game for his teammates to the good or the bad.
I liked him when he was a City-player for a certain amount of time, but I got fed up when he was clearly not delivering anymore. He started well in Milan and faded, yet again. He will probably lift his performances for Liverpool getting all the attention and making Rogers King Louis Van Gaal II, and than ... whatever. I don't like Liverpool and I don't like Rogers, but I give it to him he was amking Liverpool play a certain way that had all the ingredients of teamperformance. For that I was surprised to say the least that he wants Balotelli in. I'm just happy with our squad and Balotelli wouldn't fit in anywhere as we have moved on.

blue b4 the moon said:
Some bookie on Talkshite I think PP has just said they're offering 9/4 on a red card at any time this season for him. If I had a PP account I'd be on that.
On it, that's too good to miss, Gaz Baz will wind him up to fuck in the derbies and he's got 5 grudge matches to get through against us, Chelsea and the rats as well.

eversince 76 said:
So far, even at our club, Balotelli never lived up to the talented world class player some people have him for. He's simply a very good, yet unreliable player who will never be a team player, but one who can singlehandedly change the game for his teammates to the good or the bad.
I liked him when he was a City-player for a certain amount of time, but I got fed up when he was clearly not delivering anymore. He started well in Milan and faded, yet again. He will probably lift his performances for Liverpool getting all the attention and making Rogers King Louis Van Gaal II, and than ... whatever. I don't like Liverpool and I don't like Rogers, but I give it to him he was amking Liverpool play a certain way that had all the ingredients of teamperformance. For that I was surprised to say the least that he wants Balotelli in. I'm just happy with our squad and Balotelli wouldn't fit in anywhere as we have moved on.
Nail on the head

Marvin said:
ColinLee said:
Marvin said:
Subtract the penalties.

And remember just 1 assist in his City career.
Is that correct? If so it was rather an important one but even so it's very surprising.
I think so. I've seen it said a few times anyway.

Other than The assist, I don't recall a single other assist.

He scored 9 goals from open play in his best season for City.
Does it count as an assist if you pass the ball to someone who then has to go around a player before putting the ball into the net? Strange days indeed....

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Marvin said:
ColinLee said:
Is that correct? If so it was rather an important one but even so it's very surprising.
I think so. I've seen it said a few times anyway.

Other than The assist, I don't recall a single other assist.

He scored 9 goals from open play in his best season for City.
Does it count as an assist if you pass the ball to someone who then has to go around a player before putting the ball into the net? Strange days indeed....
Officially according to Opta yes, as long as they're in with a reasonable chance of scoring the goal when you give them the ball i.e. Whoever passed the ball to Yaya against Villa (h) last season doesn't get an assist, but whoever passed the ball to Jovetic did (even though Jovetic scored from 25 yards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.