Balotelli - could be a Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
SPIDERBOY said:
One positive to come out of this move, is that it has further revealed the impecunious and sorry state of AC Milan.

I won't forget the way they looked down their noses at us, Hyacinth Bucket-like, when we tried to buy Kaka from them.

Their small-time ways used to annoy me, but it now provides a source of much mirth as they scramble around trying to offload their assets, like a down at heel white-goods shop having a closing down sale.

With FFP, which they were doubtless instrumental in helping mould to meet their own ends at the time, they may find that retrieving their place at the top table might not prove to be as simple an exercise as was the case previously.

Unintended consequences and all that.

For me,Italian football is on it's arse as a whole....not just Milan.
Totally agree mate, Juve apart, maybe. It's a fucking shambles. Ligue 1 will overtake Serie A in the UEFA coefficients in the next few years imo. They've got major infrastructure issues with the stadiums too which haven't, in the main, received any worthwhile investment since the 1990 World Cup. Difficult to see Italian Club football ever getting its place back at the top table.

They've got nice restaurants though

SPIDERBOY said:
One positive to come out of this move, is that it has further revealed the impecunious and sorry state of AC Milan.

I won't forget the way they looked down their noses at us, Hyacinth Bucket-like, when we tried to buy Kaka from them.

Their small-time ways used to annoy me, but it now provides a source of much mirth as they scramble around trying to offload their assets, like a down at heel white-goods shop having a closing down sale.

With FFP, which they were doubtless instrumental in helping mould to meet their own ends at the time, they may find that retrieving their place at the top table might not prove to be as simple an exercise as was the case previously.

Totally agree mate, Juve apart, maybe. It's a fucking shambles. Ligue 1 will overtake Serie A in the UEFA coefficients in the next few years imo. They've got major infrastructure issues with the stadiums too which haven't, in the main, received any worthwhile investment since the 1990 World Cup. Difficult to see Italian Club football ever getting its place back at the top table.

Think your right mate,it is a shambles,corruption,the lot.

quiet_riot said:

Once upon a time in Milan....
Y8fR1BA.png

Gattuso looks out of place alongside those world class players.

SPIDERBOY said:

Dont get why people say this. Its been one of the most exciting leagues the past few years. Ligue 1 is dreadful, especially now the Monaco owner has stopped flashing the cash.

greasedupdeafguy said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Dont get why people say this. Its been one of the most exciting leagues the past few years. Ligue 1 is dreadful, especially now the Monaco owner has stopped flashing the cash.
The only place where Italian football is at the top table is in the minds of their clubs owners. That is why we read of ridiculous loan bids for players like Jovetic, and both Tevez and Balotelli beforehand. These owners just seem to have a superiority complex about their game and would seemingly expect our players to be desperate enough to want to join a scramble into the Italian big time.

Kun Aguero said:
quiet_riot said:

Y8fR1BA.png

You're insane, the little rhino was the makelele that held that team together. Adored there for good reason.

Tron Coltrane said:
Kun Aguero said:
quiet_riot said:
Y8fR1BA.png

You're insane, the little rhino was the makelele that held that team together. Adored there for good reason.

He was Lee Cattermole with an Italian name. Runs about, fouls, gets booked, moans, argues with opposition players, gets sent off. It's a travesty he got picked before Ambrosini for club and country.

I'm no cynic said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
The only place where Italian football is at the top table is in the minds of their clubs owners. That is why we read of ridiculous loan bids for players like Jovetic, and both Tevez and Balotelli beforehand. These owners just seem to have a superiority complex about their game and would seemingly expect our players to be desperate enough to want to join a scramble into the Italian big time.
There is lack of money which will stop Italian teams challenging the likes of Barce, Madrid, Bayern etc but its still a very entertaining league. Juve, Napoli, Roma, Parma, Atalanta, Fiorentina all very good sides to watch. Most exciting league imo after the premiership. And the atmosphere for the big derby matches are fucking class.

Kun Aguero said:
Tron Coltrane said:
Kun Aguero said:

He was Lee Cattermole with an Italian name. Runs about, fouls, gets booked, moans, argues with opposition players, gets sent off. It's a travesty he got picked before Ambrosini for club and country.

Completely disagree for what it's worth, but we can sidebar it if you want to kick off a topic in General Football section.

As for Mario I have nothing original to add. Love him for his time here, wouldn't have him back. Can't blame him for signing with a team that does want him, and certainly not afraid of seeing him line up against us at Anfield down the line.

SPIDERBOY said:

This upsets me and my Father in law Mario ( from Naples but a supporter of Fiorentina ) even more. The heady days of "Football Italia" seem long gone. With a one team league in Germany and a two team league in Spain ( I know I have dismissed Athletico) it weakens European football greatly.

Back on topic; I don't suppose their is any chance at this late hour of maybe Arsene or Spurs trying to get Mario to the capital ?

Clutching at straws now but I will hate seeing him in a Mickey shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.