Balotelli - could be a Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.
One positive to come out of this move, is that it has further revealed the impecunious and sorry state of AC Milan.

I won't forget the way they looked down their noses at us, Hyacinth Bucket-like, when we tried to buy Kaka from them.

Their small-time ways used to annoy me, but it now provides a source of much mirth as they scramble around trying to offload their assets, like a down at heel white-goods shop having a closing down sale.

With FFP, which they were doubtless instrumental in helping mould to meet their own ends at the time, they may find that retrieving their place at the top table might not prove to be as simple an exercise as was the case previously.

Unintended consequences and all that.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
One positive to come out of this move, is that it has further revealed the impecunious and sorry state of AC Milan.

I won't forget the way they looked down their noses at us, Hyacinth Bucket-like, when we tried to buy Kaka from them.

Their small-time ways used to annoy me, but it now provides a source of much mirth as they scramble around trying to offload their assets, like a down at heel white-goods shop having a closing down sale.

With FFP, which they were doubtless instrumental in helping mould to meet their own ends at the time, they may find that retrieving their place at the top table might not prove to be as simple an exercise as was the case previously.

Once upon a time in Milan....
Y8fR1BA.png

quiet_riot said:

Once upon a time in Milan....
Y8fR1BA.png
Wow. What a team that was.

bluegoal said:
This transfer proves 2 things plain and clear...

1, After watching Brenda totally dismiss the idea of signing Mario, he has very little control of transfers at the red dippers.

2, Brenda has no confidence in Sturridge scoring enough goals without Suarez.

Fantasic article here on what Victimpool can expect...

Here is a snipet...

Gazzetta dello Sport has just calculated that in 568 days at Milan he made them 788 different headlines. Mario Sconcerti, writing in Corriere della Sera, neatly summed up the Balotelli phenomenon as “the strange talent of making everyone happy when he arrives and even happier when he leaves”.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/23/liverpool-mario-balotelli-song" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... telli-song</a>

What a fantastic quote. Totally accurate too.

When Balo first arrived at city I was excited for the lad but as time went on I found my willingness to give him some 'more' time to settle quickly diminished and for most of his second season I was wishing he would just fuck off and we could recover some of our outlay.

I expect it will be the same with the dippers but it could well happen faster since they have a weaker squad than ours and he can (rightly IMO) expect to start most of their games......when he fails to produce he will be benched more often than start and this will be when the problems begin.....I give it until Xmas

yep, I think berlusconi was one of the owners mentioned in Samuel's FFP article. good how it sticks, now if the rags and whingers drop out of CL for a couple of year....

For me,Italian football is on it's arse as a whole....not just Milan.

SPIDERBOY said:

For me,Italian football is on it's arse as a whole....not just Milan.
Totally agree mate, Juve apart, maybe. It's a fucking shambles. Ligue 1 will overtake Serie A in the UEFA coefficients in the next few years imo. They've got major infrastructure issues with the stadiums too which haven't, in the main, received any worthwhile investment since the 1990 World Cup. Difficult to see Italian Club football ever getting its place back at the top table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.