But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings---nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!

Live the dream Mario. We can only dream.

Possibly the most toe-curling, melodramatic posts ever to grace these boards.

Re: City's job to sort Balo out as well as his own

danburge82 said:
I am as angry and disbelieving with Balotelli as the next man but I think some have got to change their view on getting rid of him. If we get rid of him after him being like he has been for us, then not only has he been a failure but also I think the club has failed.

I think it is just as much MCFC, Mancini and the senior players (Kompany, de Jong, Tevez) jobs to be changing the way Balotelli is as much as it's Balotelli's.

I recall joke texts and Internet images of C.Ronaldo of him in his early career being a tricky player with no end product who always dived. I also remember him getting sent off in two derbies and him being a constant twat on the pitch. I recall Rooney getting yellows and reds for being the mouthiest wanker in football and a few times for some horrendous challenges. Yet United and Fergie managed to get the best out of these players. C.Ronaldo is now one of the best players in the world and Rooney (up until his injury 12months ago) was one of the most danerous players around.

I recall Steven Gerrard being an utter dirty **** on the pitch early in his career. In 2003 on the final game of the season he two footed Chelsea's Gronkjaer and was sent off. Chelsea won the game and finished 4th (and thus quified for the Champions Lg) and Liverpool finished 5th. Two years later Gerrard lifted the European Cup after almost single handedly dragging them through games to get to the final and was the best player on the pitch in the final.

Now I'd like to see if City can develop Balotelli in the same way. The lad is obviously a talent but is obviously a complete fuckin head the ball. Of course Mario himself must essentially be the main protagonist in his own development but I think City have a duty to make this young man (or big kid) a proper footballer as well.

So far no good, sometimes a complete liability, with hints of brilliance. What I'd hate to see is him go somewhere else and as well as maturing into a real man become one of the best players in the world.
Spike him with drugs and then sue him for every penny he's got!

Re: The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread.

lancs blue said:
redmizzle said:
http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/5983/9/de-jong-balotelli-must-learn-his-mistakes

De Jong needs to call his doctor and ask to be sectioned then.

Nige probably bollocked him for not going right through with the challenge and seriously damaging that twat Popov!
Is that Popov related to the one off Rentaghost?
If so then good on you Balo, couldn't stand that cnut!

Re: City's job to sort Balo out as well as his own

He may well have a special talent but at the moment I have only seen it brief flashes,if he wants the club and fans support he should come out and apoligise(offer to pay for my Dublin flights) and get his head down and start scoring.He is young and could be frightening in a few years it would be a shame if he was doing it elsewhere. if he doesnt sort it out soon ,he will be gone and so will Mancin

Re: I Think/Hope Mario Has Finally Learnt A Lesson Tonight......

didactic said:
LongsightM13 said:
What a fucking crock of shit. If you people are living in denial about the fact it was a blatant red card then you are almost as obviously mentally ill as Balotelli.
He is borderline sectionable and how any blue can defend him tonight, after he let his team down for absolutely fuck all, makes me sick.
Fuck him off in the summer, a wonderful talent but an absolute liability.
I would rather trust my kids with Gary Glitter for a few hours than play this self-indulgent gobshite at Wembley.
City are far more important to me than indulging the ego of one ****.

See posts like this PROVE that people have a personal gripe with Mario. You would rather leave your children with a pedophile than with a player given a harsh red card and who donates millions to charity every year. Yea you are obviously unbiased.

I can't believe anyone is sticking up for Balotelli on this.
It was a stone cold red card for a stupid 'challenge' and it probably cost us the game. I'd be surprised if he hasn't had a good slap of one or two of the others.

Re: The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread.

i love mario

What a surprise,i come on here thismorning and once again he is gettin shit,fuckinel,yeah it was a booking but it was not a red imo,it was a red cuz it was Mario,hope he is in for Chelsea!

100 pages. This thread is an embarassment and every other club and journo will be laughing at City once again.

Do you think United fans would have a 100 page thread slagging off one of their own players? Would they fuck. Until our fans develop more of a siege mentality and actually back the players and manager we'll always be a joke and never win fuck all

This thread makes me ashamed to be a City fan

Re: I Think/Hope Mario Has Finally Learnt A Lesson Tonight......

stonerblue said:
didactic said:
See posts like this PROVE that people have a personal gripe with Mario. You would rather leave your children with a pedophile than with a player given a harsh red card and who donates millions to charity every year. Yea you are obviously unbiased.

I can't believe anyone is sticking up for Balotelli on this.
It was a stone cold red card for a stupid 'challenge' and it probably cost us the game. I'd be surprised if he hasn't had a good slap of one or two of the others.
This. Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on how you want to look at it), I can only watch our beloved club on the tele at the moment. Every time I watch Balotelli play you can see him change the micro-second he is about to display any emotion. Last night was a classic example of this. When he missed that chance in the first half the cameras panned onto him immediately and he almost put his head in his hands and displayed an ounce of emotion, all until he realised the cameras would have been on him. As soon as he realised that he did that pout, the 'i'm not arsed' look that he carries on the pitch and instantly changed how he was going to portray his feelings on the miss. I am fed up with the guy, he is fuck all to do with us as far as i'm concerned. Mourinho was absolutely 100% bang on when he said he is unmanageable.

Looking at it again I dont think (although he was shit ) the Ref had any
other option.
I think we would have been screaming for a Red if it was one of our's.

For me the game was lost in Kiev, both their goals could have been
prevented and I think Robbie got his tactic's wrong over there.

We played defensive away at Aris (an inferior team) and offensive against
Kiev.
Does not add up to me.

Gutted, Dublin just a walk across the water.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.