Balotelli [MERGED]

McNair9 said:
Might be a stupid question but because we're out of Europe does the red spill over into the league??

No, he will be suspended when/if we are in Europe again next season.

I've just watched the incident over and over again in slow motion and the use of inflamatory phrases like "studs in the chest" and "raking his studs down the players leg" is totally incorrect (heard that on the radio coming home from the match). I think Balotelli actually pulls his foot away from Popov's chest before he makes contact and then catches Popov's upper thigh when he's bringing his leg back down. There is no continous raking action down the leg. From where the linesman is stood he can only see Balotelli's raised foot. Don't know how much the ref saw though. One point in Balaotelli's defence is that the Kiev players weren't all up in arms and protesting to the ref. Probably looked worse in real time hence the red card. Be interested in any other Bluemooners points of view (other than kill Balotell).

blumoonrises said:
Exactly.. dangerous play, first offence = yellow card... those are the rules.

For it to be red it would have to have been violent conduct, ie no attempt to play the ball, the fact is he got the ball and his momentum along with that of the Kiev player, is what caused the contact.

Watch it again without the blue specs...he didn't get the ball, and he left his foot in which he then brought down on the players thigh. Sure it wasn't forceful or meant to injure the player, but it was certainly intentional. No excuse.

Lol any photoshop experts out there able to stick a smiling Marios head on this "haters gonna hate" gif?

28jh7o5.gif

mancitymark said:
He is a fucking prick who brings nothing but embarrassment on the team and club. Anyone who thinks differently is a fucking prick.

Fuck him off, never want to see that prick in a City shirt again.

ok calm down we get you.

Meddler said:
That's might be the problem there mate daydreaming where his dick is going to be - not too much to ask that for 2 hours he concentrates on what he is being paid 5 noughts to do

No this is ONE of many reasons why he is hated. Did you watch the dipper game? Carroll took out a player after he lost the ball and got a yellow. Players get sent off its just because its Mario and everyone seems to want to get on his back because he is a "bad boy".

Re: Mancini: Mario Will Not Be In The Squad For Chelsea

Undoubtedly the lad has tremendous talent and potential. But until the penny drops with him, he's a liability. Everytime he gets fouled, if he doesn't get a freekick, he's up waving his arms about and shouting the odds. Until he learns some self discipline for me he should be used only as an impact player for the last 15-20 mins of a game. The funny thing is we played better once he had been sent off. If I was one of his teamates I'd have punched his lights out by now. As a fan I'm disappointed but this may well be a blessing in disguise. I hope so, anyway, as always the bitter taste of defeat (even though we won), still tastes like a turd buttie!! CTID!!

ive backed this lad every game, but i think we need to get rid of this lad and get another player who respects the club and team mates. and actually thinks about his actions.

it wasnt his fault we lost but he didnt help at all.

get rid.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 pm --<br /><br />ive backed this lad every game, but i think we need to get rid of this lad and get another player who respects the club and team mates. and actually thinks about his actions.

it wasnt his fault we lost but he didnt help at all.

get rid.

He is so frustrating to watch, if his heart was in city then the fans would back him but he doesnt give a shit. We`ve got rid of players that supposedly had the wrong attitude, im sorry but Bellamy would have played his heart out tonight and tonight result may have been different.

baldybouncer said:
I've just watched the incident over and over again in slow motion and the use of inflamatory phrases like "studs in the chest" and "raking his studs down the players leg" is totally incorrect (heard that on the radio coming home from the match). I think Balotelli actually pulls his foot away from Popov's chest before he makes contact and then catches Popov's upper thigh when he's bringing his leg back down. There is no continous raking action down the leg. From where the linesman is stood he can only see Balotelli's raised foot. Don't know how much the ref saw though. One point in Balaotelli's defence is that the Kiev players weren't all up in arms and protesting to the ref. Probably looked worse in real time hence the red card. Be interested in any other Bluemooners points of view (other than kill Balotell).

I would agree I've seen worse challenges, but his foot should not have been that high and he could have avoided the second contact in my opinion if he'd wanted to. It's also the latest in a long line of stupid, needless, petulant, daft challenges or tantrums or sulks in relatively few games.
He needs to take a look at himself and decide if he really wants to play here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.