Balotelli (Merged)

Re: Is Balotelli being targeted because of racism?

Einstein defined 'insanity' as ' making the same mistake, with the same outcome, over and over again' ... and he knew a thing or two about football let me tell ya'...

daveduke67 said:
Racism?

What a silly thread.

He got booked because he pulled a player back - the ref gestured that Johnson was heading towards goal that's why he booked him.
Then he led with his arm at neck height - he'd have gone down like a ton of bricks had it been the other way round.

Two stupid avoidable bookings from Mario - doubt they'll be his last either - but that's him I'm afraid.

Why did the ref book Carroll for the foul on Kompany - his first foul and not a particularly nasty one just uneccessary and pretty stupid considering where he did it - is the ref Geordie-ist?

Ok, I agree with you on the 1st booking. The second booking was harsh and unecessary. Maybe the ref was fooled by Skirtel on the second but up to that point he had avoided handing out 2nd bookings but with Mario there was no problem with handing one out.

I'm not having it that it's a silly thread. I said what was on my mind. Even if I am wrong other people have thought the same thing and it's better having it out than not.

Re: Marmite

Decc66 said:
Comrade Buka said:
Decc66 said:
Are you for real ??

Will every fucker who is having a pop at him please watch the replay again and then come back and tell me he had any intention other than getting the ball.

Moronic thing to do, Jesus wise up man !!!

Ref my intention was to get the ball, but I fouled the guy because I was too late. But, it's my intentions that count, right ref?

Anyone who leads with their elbow is risking a yellow. It's not really rocket science.

WP_000035.jpg

You sure about that ?

that looks like the like the pool players arm

Arthur '2 Sheds' Jackson said:
Einstein defined 'insanity' as ' making the same mistake, with the same outcome, over and over again' ... and he knew a thing or two about football let me tell ya'...
Not half as much as these guys:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8[/youtube]

The second yellow was very (very) harsh, but having already been booked he made the ref make a decision.

The first yellow was stupid, having already been booked he shouldn't have given the ref any opportunity to send him off. He did go for the ball fairly and Agger/Skertll made a right meal of it but (in hindsight) he should have backed off.

Thankfully, it didn't cost us.
Taking the positives from this, Mario always delivers when he has something to prove. He'll be back and raring to go for the Christmas/New Year games.

Re: Marmite

stavros said:
should be used in home games and so clled easy away games for me.

Does that not make him a luxury player?

I've followed Mario since his days in Inter. Brilliant on occasion? Absolutely.
Complete gargantuan idiot sometimes? Absolutely.

Sure, he scored a lot of goals this season. So did Dzeko and Aguero. You don't see them getting sent off for shit like Mario pulls.

I would rather take a talented professional with team and work ethic over "Why Always Me" clowns any day of the week.

Did I chuckle when he displayed his t-shirt? Course I did. But I would take a Mario working hard, avoiding idiot yellows - over a chuckle from an attention seeking kid.

gregblag said:
daveduke67 said:
Racism?

What a silly thread.

He got booked because he pulled a player back - the ref gestured that Johnson was heading towards goal that's why he booked him.
Then he led with his arm at neck height - he'd have gone down like a ton of bricks had it been the other way round.

Two stupid avoidable bookings from Mario - doubt they'll be his last either - but that's him I'm afraid.

Why did the ref book Carroll for the foul on Kompany - his first foul and not a particularly nasty one just uneccessary and pretty stupid considering where he did it - is the ref Geordie-ist?

Ok, I agree with you on the 1st booking. The second booking was harsh and unecessary. Maybe the ref was fooled by Skirtel on the second but up to that point he had avoided handing out 2nd bookings but with Mario there was no problem with handing one out.

I'm not having it that it's a silly thread. I said what was on my mind. Even if I am wrong other people have thought the same thing and it's better having it out than not.

I just don't think it's racism - stupidism perhaps.

I got a feeling he was going to do something stupid today - the stage was set. Had it been Blackburn and were 5-0 up he wouldn't have got himslef booked let alone sent off. But you could see it in his eyes - he wanted to be the star of the show much and he wasn't getting his own way - so the Mario mist descended, he lost all sense of reason and off he went. Even if the ref hadn't booked him the second time I think he'd have done something stupid later in the game and , knowing him, it'd have been a straight red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.