Balotelli subject to racist abuse in Italy Romania game

bluejase said:
didactic said:
Fuck not only John Barnes. I have been called "Coon, Wog, Darky, Monkey" etc since school days and I dont play for England. Depends where you go I had a woman spit in my drink once in a club and tell me and my friends "go back where you come from" and I am not much over 30.

Lets be honest guys only someone who is not classified "a minority" would think that racism is dead. Youd be suprised how many fans when upset at one of our players start a sentence with "The black bastard should..." and who has forgotten the chants against Ade and his mother shagging animals and his father being a monkey? Yes none of that is racist. You get used to it, you become tougher and just deal with it.

Horrible that mate, there are some fucking vile people out there.
More like people twisted by a vile world. People take on the prevailing ideology. Of course I get what you mean. But not so simple as good and bad people

Marvin said:
bluejase said:
More like people twisted by a vile world. People take on the prevailing ideology. Of course I get what you mean. But not so simple as good and bad people

True mate that's a good way of looking at it but I doubt their victims would think so rationally.

From what I seen tonight i'd love it if by some way (maybe him living here for 5years and a FIFA ruling in his favour) he would turn out in an England shirt.

We may pull our face at results by our national team but look how far we have evolved socially as a country in comparison with Italy.
The Terraces have always been a true reflection of society and their behaviour tonight shows that they are still living in caves.

Play for us Balotelli, atleast you'll only be booed because you've played shit (which will happen when in an England shirt)

We have come a long way but we have a really long way to go. Me I just want all of us to get together. So much talent so much opportunity so much energy. What or who should we rally behind? For me its simple it is Mr Mancini and our team.

I'm actually writing a paper about racism in football in different areas of Europe which was almost wholly inspired by us signing Balotelli. It can be pretty depressing but if you follow the trends in other countries, once the racism becomes a part of the public consciousness in a country it eventually becomes much less common. You only have to look at the examples of the United States and England to see the reaction to it. You also have to remember that this hatred can fueled by hundreds of years of history. Part of my paper theorizes for instance that the racism seen in Spain is at least in part due to their history with the Moors. Italy could be similarly attributed. Russia was set back by the fall of Communism. The Russians seemingly hate almost everyone.

Marvin said:
bluejase said:

Disagree with you there. It is absolutely about good and bad people. It is a vile world, but for racists and other arseholes to hide behind that as an excuse is wrong - they are just a bunch of oxygen thieves, and it is 100% down to them, and them alone.

never seen any of the game.
is this the only reason they boo Mario,cos he's black.
if so,its not surprising hes got an attitude.
probably thinks the whole fukn world is against him.

get yer Blue City,not Italian, shirt on Mario.
we wont boo ye.
(well most of us wont ;( )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.