Balotelli subject to racist abuse in Italy Romania game

this will be brush under the carpet by the italian fa fifa uefa tv and the press

lancs blue said:
Gaz in Belgium said:
This is true..I have known an Italian guy for 30 years and he's a great guy. But he came out with the same statement..That he will never be Italian because he's black..this took me by surprise because I'd never had him down has being racist before, but it seems to be ingrained into them

It's only 25 years or so since black players in an England shirt got similar abuse, "no black in the Union Jack" etc. It'll take time to change the mindset just as it did here.
Name an England player who got abused playing for England because he was black ????????????

bluemanc said:
lancs blue said:
It's only 25 years or so since black players in an England shirt got similar abuse, "no black in the Union Jack" etc. It'll take time to change the mindset just as it did here.
Name an England player who got abused playing for England because he was black ????????????

John Barnes

ancoats said:
this will be brush under the carpet by the italian fa fifa uefa tv and the press

As per normal.

Had it been some engerland nob doing it to Micah....

lancs blue said:
bluemanc said:

John Barnes

I think Mark Chamberlain aswell, but I'm not 100% sure. Didn't Barnes have that problem with the National Front, where they refused to recognize his goal against Brazil, and said the game really finished 1-0 to England?

Unknown_Genius said:
lancs blue said:
John Barnes

I think Mark Chamberlain aswell, but I'm not 100% sure. Didn't Barnes have that problem with the National Front, where they refused to recognize his goal against Brazil, and said the game really finished 1-0 to England?

Yes and some of those clowns had actually been at the match in Rio. Imagine travelling all that way to disown one of the best goals England ever scored just because the player was black.

I was at the Euro 96 match between England and Scotland and a group of England fans were dishing out racist abuse to Paul Ince throughout the game. It was always a minority but it would be silly to deny they existed.

lancs blue said:
bluemanc said:

John Barnes
No he didn't,not while playing for England,he covers it a lot & not once was he abused while on the pitch playing for England like Balotelli was tonight.
It'll take time to change the mindset
Italy & Spain to name 2 will never ever change their mindset,blatter & platini will sweep this under the carpet as they always do.
1 fan caught racially abusing a player in this county will get hammered, 1,000's doing at an international match will get a big fat fuck all done to them.

bluemanc said:
lancs blue said:
John Barnes
No he didn't,not while playing for England,he covers it a lot & not once was he abused while on the pitch playing for England like Balotelli was tonight.
Italy & Spain to name 2 will never ever change their mindset,blatter & platini will sweep this under the carpet as they always do.
1 fan caught racially abusing a player in this county will get hammered, 1,000's doing at an international match will get a big fat fuck all done to them.

I agree about Barnes, it happened a lot in the league, but I don't ever remember anything substantial happening INSIDE the ground at an England game. Outside was a different matter.

bluemanc said:
lancs blue said:
John Barnes

I disagree about Spain a bit. They had a black player, Marcos Senna, naturalised Brazilian, who played for their national team, and didn't get any abuse. Alot of racial abuse from Spanish grounds has died down alot, since the infamous incident with SWP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.