Balotelli training ground bust up with Mancini

redmizzle said:
The same article that has a main story which is completely false?

With respect, and I'm not saying the article is 100% accurate, but at the same time it's highly unlikely that if there was a row between manager and player, that Doug would be in a position to confirm it. I reckon he'd have his training ground privileges revoked pretty sharpish. Better to take both sides with a pinch of salt, because we know that Mancini and Balo often have a very tempestuous relationship.

I'm not arsed what he does off the pitch. Those that keep going on about it are those that have a problem with it. Does it affect you? Does it affect him? Obviously not given the fireworks thing happened just before he was great in the derby.

lee-mcfc said:
everytime i read Balotelli's name first thing that comes to mind is "liability"

people call him a "legend" is about his off-field antics..(when half of them aint even true)

so basically mcfc are paying for a clown

i wouldn't mind if he played well ON PITCH but he doesn't
last game when i thought wow there's the talent we'v all been waiting to see was at the 6-1.
Don't think we will see his full talent as he won't grow up, he will be sold next year i reckon unless he does a complete 360 and puts his talent on the pitch.

Err, yea. A 'clown' who at 21 already boasts these as some of his achievements:

UEFA Champions League (1): 2009–10
Manchester City
FA Cup (1): 2011
IndividualGolden Boy Award (1): 2010
FA Cup Final Man of the Match: 2011

I don't think he's a clown, I don't think he's a legend, I just think he's a supremely talented young boy who only needs time and to avoid injuries in order to grow into one of the best strikers in the world. It';s a bit sad how Ciy fans whinge about fellow City fans loving him for his so called off field antics. So what if they do? I don't. I don't really give a fuck about them. His stories serve up about 2 minutes of mild entertainment in the pub and that's about it. What I give a fuck about is him as a footballer and some of you expect far too much for a 21 year old boy. Yes he doesn't do himself any favours and he';s in poor form at the moment but his goal scoring record speaks for itself and when he really settles and gets the bit between his teeth he's gonna be a world beater

SWP's back said:
I'm not arsed what he does off the pitch. Those that keep going on about it are those that have a problem with it. Does it affect you? Does it affect him? Obviously not given the fireworks thing happened just before he was great in the derby.

might need a bonfire in his lounge to kick his arse back into gear at this rate.

redmizzle said:
TFC said:
I'm a fan, but as talented as he his, and as much potential as he has, this is the line in the article that rang true the most -

...Balotelli’s ability to generate negative headlines is beginning to overshadow his contribution on the pitch.

Just play football FFS, the circus is starting to get on peoples tits now.

It doesnt matter if true or not, just want a striker that scores goals, couldnt give a fuck what he does off the pitch and if he wasnt such an attention whore, we wouldnt know.

Like I said at the top of my last comment, big fan, like the lad a lot and hes capable of greatness when he can be arsed. Legend cos he drove into a prison? Cos he gatecrashed a press conference? No thanks.

Gaylord du Bois said:
flb said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
But you are attacking him at every chance - like he is another player from another team, not a City player, that we are stuck with till the summer no matter what. Our side needs supporting right now, why and how do you think that slagging him off now is going to help in anyway?

He was in Italy on a break, he crashed an interview, wow - hang him from the nearest tree, what a ****... you obviously want 11 James Milners in the side, however, most of us are bored of PR clones like Owen and Milner, who deliver interviews in monotone voices and are about as interesting as watching paint dry

The trouble is too many people love him for his off field antics and not for those on it,i just dont get it why so many people defend him so much when hes doing fuck all on the football pitch.
Maybe because this is thread about a non story and to which he's done fuck all wrong.

He attracts the wrong publicity and thats the whole point,everybody wants to kick him off the pitch because he cant fucking handle it,he sticks his foot in when he doesnt have to (Parker etc etc).Hes a balloon with a long history of these antics.Mancini will fall on his own sword with this player.

-- Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:37 am --

The Fat el Hombre said:
lee-mcfc said:

people call him a "legend" is about his off-field antics..(when half of them aint even true)

last game when i thought wow there's the talent we'v all been waiting to see was at the 6-1.
Don't think we will see his full talent as he won't grow up, he will be sold next year i reckon unless he does a complete 360 and puts his talent on the pitch.

Manchester City

I don't think he's a clown, I don't think he's a legend, I just think he's a supremely talented young boy who only needs time and to avoid injuries in order to grow into one of the best strikers in the world. It';s a bit sad how Ciy fans whinge about fellow City fans loving him for his so called off field antics. So what if they do? I don't. I don't really give a fuck about them. His stories serve up about 2 minutes of mild entertainment in the pub and that's about it. What I give a fuck about is him as a footballer and some of you expect far too much for a 21 year old boy. Yes he doesn't do himself any favours and he';s in poor form at the moment but his goal scoring record speaks for itself and when he really settles and gets the bit between his teeth he's gonna be a world beater

Trouble is mate he will still get the individual golden boy award in 5 years time.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:38 am --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:

the derby aside what other game has he been great in?

BillyShears said:
redmizzle said:

With respect, and I'm not saying the article is 100% accurate, but at the same time it's highly unlikely that if there was a row between manager and player, that Doug would be in a position to confirm it. I reckon he'd have his training ground privileges revoked pretty sharpish. Better to take both sides with a pinch of salt, because we know that Mancini and Balo often have a very tempestuous relationship.

I think you're suggesting that even if there was a row, Doug would sort of ''cover it up'' if he saw anything? Well I read the forum Doug posts on a lot and he's anything but a Balotelli fanboy, yet he felt the need to come out and clarify this:

In a word NO. It's typical of what reporters can do when they some tosser of a freelance photographer getting a few snaps from a distance.Mancini is caught apparently shouting at a player and before you know it there is a bust up.The reality is that Mancini was doing his work with the team and was shouting which is quite normal when he is in the middle of the pitch with players scattered around him.He has to shout a bit to be heard by them all.All the photographer needs is a picture of Mancini seeming to shout and get Mario in that picture as well and a story can be created.

I am not saying he wasn't having a go at a player as that obviously is going to happen at times and it's quite likely he would have had a go at Mario but no way was he banished to train on his own.After a while Mancini changes the team he works with,maybe 4 or 5 of the team,and that's all that happened in this case.Mario plus a few others were swapped for others and they just came round the fence onto the other pitch to play in the 6 a side game.

Quite pathetic reporting.

The Fat el Hombre said:
lee-mcfc said:

Manchester City

I know he has talent i said that in my post didn't i? all i want is him to show it but for months all we hear is nonsense about him in the papers and hardly any talent on the pitch which is all city fans ask for.
other than the derby i can't remember a quality performance he's shown.

flb said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
lee-mcfc said:

Manchester City

Trouble is mate he will still get the individual golden boy award in 5 years time.

More likely he'll mature like Micah did and we'll have a hell of a player on our hands

redmizzle said:
BillyShears said:
redmizzle said:

I think you're suggesting that even if there was a row, Doug would sort of ''cover it up'' if he saw anything? Well I read the forum Doug posts on a lot and he's anything but a Balotelli fanboy, yet he felt the need to come out and clarify this:

In a word NO. It's typical of what reporters can do when they some tosser of a freelance photographer getting a few snaps from a distance.Mancini is caught apparently shouting at a player and before you know it there is a bust up.The reality is that Mancini was doing his work with the team and was shouting which is quite normal when he is in the middle of the pitch with players scattered around him.He has to shout a bit to be heard by them all.All the photographer needs is a picture of Mancini seeming to shout and get Mario in that picture as well and a story can be created.

I am not saying he wasn't having a go at a player as that obviously is going to happen at times and it's quite likely he would have had a go at Mario but no way was he banished to train on his own.After a while Mancini changes the team he works with,maybe 4 or 5 of the team,and that's all that happened in this case.Mario plus a few others were swapped for others and they just came round the fence onto the other pitch to play in the 6 a side game.

Quite pathetic reporting.

Fair enough mate. I'm not saying they got it totally right, but I'm also not going to take Doug's word that nothing happened. Whether he's Mario's biggest fan or not, now that he has access to the inside of the training ground he will be more aware about how he reports certain situations.

Anyway it's all moot as all that matters is how Mario performs this weekend. Lets hope it's a significant improvement on his performances in the last month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.