Balotelli walks off pitch after racist abuse

Leader of Verona's ultras claims abuse of Mario Balotelli was NOT racist because they 'applauded a n***o in our team' in an outrageous interview... before adding that the Brescia striker 'can never be entirely Italian'

In conversation with Radio Cafe, Castellini dismissed claims of racism by saying: 'We have a n***o in our team and he scored yesterday and all of Verona applauded.'

His stinging criticism of Balotelli, which continued with a Facebook post on Monday, added that 'Balotelli is Italian because he has Italian citizenship but he will never be able to be totally Italian.'

The comments from Castellini come after Hellas Verona president Maurizio Setti insisted the club's supporters are 'ironic but not racist' as he vehemently dismissed talk of racial abuse.

'The Verona fans are special and they have a sympathetic way of joking with people,' Setti told reporters.

'But racism doesn't exist. And if it exists we would be the first to denounce it. If two out of 20k people say something differently then there's no need to take it to the extreme. We will catch them and remove them from football.

'This is the solution. We shouldn't remember the Verona of 30 years ago, today we are a club that has sport in its DNA.

'We have a lot of players of colour so we denounce racism. Let me repeat: today nothing happened on the pitch.

'The Verona fans are ironic but not racist. I know Balotelli, he is a sensible person. Maybe today it's something else because we were playing and you didn't hear a thing. Obviously a gesture by a player takes on a different relevance.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...elli-abuse-NOT-racist-applauded-n-o-team.html
The reason he mentions 30 years ago, is because back then, Hellas were in talks to sign a black player, at the next home match, the wankers in the curva sud hung an effigy of a black man, over the edge of the terrace with words to the effect of 'Negroes not wanted here'.

*edit in: Hellas Verona didn't sign the black player because of the protests.

I see the coach, Juric has come out and said there was no racism, too. The whole thing just seems a joke to them. Close the curva sud, 3 match minimum, increase that every time there is another incident, and dock them ten points. Heavy sanctions are the only way to try and stop this.

Was exchanging messages with my Veronese friend earlier and it seems for some reason the culprits have a special kind of hatred for Mario.

*2nd edit in: I've met that Castellini, he seemed a decent guy at the time, obviously he put on an act.

Then one of the non racist fans clearly not sharing being to enthused at being chucked out on account of the racist idiot......clumps said idiot thus provoking an outbreak of handbags finds himself being woken up by plod coming through his door at 6am and being prosecuted for being a hooligan and getting a football banning order...thats what would happen here at any rate.

Each individual national league or football association has to take the issue seriously as do UEFA.

Easy to say dont admit clubs with a racism issue to European competition but the problem there would be if you apply the standards expected in England as what is expected in order to compete in these competitions you would be left with a fairly small number of clubs actually being admitted....there would be non from Eastern Europe or Italy, Germany might struggle, as would the jocks, Spain would be out and as for Portugal whom on account of Bernado klu klux silva have been outed as a racist nation who manufacture and market racially offensive biscuits.....

It is not an easy problem to tackle but the indifference shown by UEFA and FIFA is appalling and more could be done.

I don’t agree at all regarding Germany.

Disgusted that the opposition manager claimed there was no racist abuse towards Mario, until the public faces of these clubs come out and condem this sort of behaviour it will continue to blight the game.

Good on Mario as well for seeing the game out.

I think there maybe some issues with clubs from the former East Germany but agreed the likes of Bayern and Dortmund are probably free of racist behaviour.

Haven't we just had a thread on here and a news blitz about Dresden having a Nazi emergency?

There was no racist chants, says mayor of Verona.

What a fucking sad state Italy are in.

There was no racist chants, says mayor of Verona.

What a fucking sad state Italy are in.
And..have been for a long long time.
This is the country remember where Cassandra Mussolini , the great granddaughter of you -know -who made a spectacular :far-right -entry into parliament not that long ago..unsure what her posistion is now.

Italy is a disgrace.this is the country where pics of Italian sunbathers were released alongside rotting corpses of African immigrants on a beach.
That's how little the native Italian really thinks about those with black skin...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.