Balotelli - What was he thinking?

jjeangi said:
Youtube comments are tearing Balotelli a new one. Bitter Galaxy fans

The only thing that pissed me off in what Ballo did was that i desperately wanted to twat em after the cnut Beckham said what he said

other than that this respect thing is utter bollox - Ballo made a cnut of himself - Bobby decided to make a public exaample and then Balloe explodes on the bench when he is subbed

madness - sub him at half time give him a bollocking and keep it in the dressing room - now we have a post match press conference dominated by someone whom tried a back heel - utter bolloxs

Blue Haze said:
Mancini: “I hope this is a lesson for him. In football you always need to be professional, always serious, and he wasn’t."

Absolutely.

For people criticizing Mancini, what about Mario's own teammates who were upset by this? Are they all wrong?

To be a champion, everyone must be on the same page. There can be no divisions. We have to be cohesive, and doing something like that just brings more arguments within the first team and more media distractions.

Mario put Mancini in a bad position. If he hadn't taken him out, the headlines would read that Mancini had lost control, bent to the will of the player, etc. You can say that you don't care about the media, but it's unwanted attention that can't possibly help us.

He needs to grow up and understand how the real world works, and also that Mancini has enough grey hairs trying to keep his job without Mario adding to them. This could have been a day of joy as we destroy Beckham FC and shove crow down his lying throat. Instead we're talking about this.

This has nothing to do with whether a friendly has meaning or not; these friendlies are about building team unity and cohesion. Mario should ask himself one question: did he do it for himself or the team?

Agreed. If Mancini had let this slide what would that have said to the rest of the team who are sweating their bollocks off to be professional at all times. Mancini clearly means business this season and all that players have to know that and take their cue from it. Mario (or anyone) starts taking the piss and nothing is done about then all the good work starts to unravel. It may be a friendly but it still mattered. It mattered to the other players and it needs to matter to Mario.

That said still love the guy and I thought he, Silva and Dzeko were working nicely together. The media will have a wankfest over it but fuck em

this is the same guy that ran out man of the match at wembley ,does anyone think he would do the same thing in a prem game? he's a kid and will learn

I'm amazed Mancini brought off Balotelli for one mistake. The guy thought the whistle blew for offside and for that he gets pulled off! Really bad decision by Mancini, upset the whole side in the first half and we didn't recover for the second either, plus it perpatuates the negative media for a young promissing player. What kind of a message does that send out to players, make a mistake and you're off? I'm not surprised Balo was annoyed! The commentators haven't got a clue either, keep going on about how it showed a lack of respect! How? Richards got booed for shooting after the wistle just before it.

Maybe it was a silly thing to do, maybe Manchini over reacted but the main thing I thought when I saw it was 'Its an exhibition match!'

We are basically there to sell the club and clubs image. If it would have gone in, offside or not, the yanks would have been creaming there pants.

marco said:
this is the same guy that ran out man of the match at wembley ,does anyone think he would do the same thing in a prem game? he's a kid and will learn
Agreed, and being pulled for being silly helps him learn.

Throwing his bottle on the pitch only added to my love of him for me, watching the playing staff have to run on and get it. He is definitely going on my shirt this season. Love the guy. He is probably the only player in the world that manages to create such controversy on a friendly tour of the US. ove him or hate him, he's made this forum take off tonight.

BobKowalski said:
Blue Haze said:
Mancini: “I hope this is a lesson for him. In football you always need to be professional, always serious, and he wasn’t."

Absolutely.

For people criticizing Mancini, what about Mario's own teammates who were upset by this? Are they all wrong?

To be a champion, everyone must be on the same page. There can be no divisions. We have to be cohesive, and doing something like that just brings more arguments within the first team and more media distractions.

Mario put Mancini in a bad position. If he hadn't taken him out, the headlines would read that Mancini had lost control, bent to the will of the player, etc. You can say that you don't care about the media, but it's unwanted attention that can't possibly help us.

He needs to grow up and understand how the real world works, and also that Mancini has enough grey hairs trying to keep his job without Mario adding to them. This could have been a day of joy as we destroy Beckham FC and shove crow down his lying throat. Instead we're talking about this.

This has nothing to do with whether a friendly has meaning or not; these friendlies are about building team unity and cohesion. Mario should ask himself one question: did he do it for himself or the team?

Agreed. If Mancini had let this slide what would that have said to the rest of the team who are sweating their bollocks off to be professional at all times. Mancini clearly means business this season and all that players have to know that and take their cue from it. Mario (or anyone) starts taking the piss and nothing is done about then all the good work starts to unravel. It may be a friendly but it still mattered. It mattered to the other players and it needs to matter to Mario.

That said still love the guy and I thought he, Silva and Dzeko were working nicely together. The media will have a wankfest over it but fuck em

I love him too, that's why it's hard to watch. If this were some no talent youth player it would be totally different. Mario was bought to be part of the foundation of the club, a world superstar who can send us to the next level.

If he just limits his antics to winks, bibs, and parking tickets, I have no problem. For the 90' on the pitch, there can be none of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.