Balotelli - What was he thinking?

shadygiz said:
Ragnarok said:
Damocles said:
Mancini out.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5WvVcMYCY[/youtube]

He didnt have much choice , did he?

he still had the balls to try it, something he now publicly berates balo for
I think what our Indian friend means is Mancini there is faced with 3 defenders and little else to do but try and back heel the ball goal-wards, which paid off. Balotelli had multiple options, and chose to do what he did. There is a big difference mate.

Pigeonho said:
I think what our Indian friend means is Mancini there is faced with 3 defenders and little else to do but try and back heel the ball goal-wards, which paid off. Balotelli had multiple options, and chose to do what he did. There is a big difference mate.

This.
For Mancini (or most other backheels on Youtube), they backheel because it's the most likely way for them to score.
For Balotelli, the most likely way would have been to pass it into the net...

Lancet Fluke said:
That's your truth and I respect it.

Cheers mate. I appreciate that.

I thought both men acted the fools yesterday. It was particularly saddening because it was the most high profile of the US friendlies and really it should've been an opportunity for us to further the City brand through footballing means.

Having said that, it isn't the end of the world and hopefully it'll be the last time that we have to see the manager rowing with players on the touchline.

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I thought both men acted the fools yesterday. It was particularly saddening because it was the most high profile of the US friendlies and really it should've been an opportunity for us to further the City brand through footballing means.

Having said that, it isn't the end of the world and hopefully it'll be the last time that we have to see the manager rowing with players on the touchline.

The thing is Mancini has had loads of bust ups with players on the touchline, its like a never ending conveyor belt of touchline bust ups

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:

The thing is Mancini has had loads of bust ups with players on the touchline, its like a never ending conveyor belt of touchline bust ups

Yet we still had a highly successful season, which shows you exactly how much these things actually matter.

Pigeonho said:
shadygiz said:
Ragnarok said:
He didnt have much choice , did he?

he still had the balls to try it, something he now publicly berates balo for

But that's the nature of the guy, we knew that when we signed him. Can't really punish him just for being himself.

Damocles said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
BillyShears said:

Yet we still had a highly successful season, which shows you exactly how much these things actually matter.

i never said it was detrimental to the teams success but it does happen a bit too often, they can have it out in private sometimes

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Damocles said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

i never said it was detrimental to the teams success but it does happen a bit too often, they can have it out in private sometimes

That's the thing, if there's no drawbacks to it, does it matter if it happens once a year or once a day? Really matter?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.