Balotelli - What was he thinking?

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
That's so unimaginative I'm truly saddened.

Mancini having public screaming matches with players because they disobey him or don't follow his orders is embarrassing for the club. Particularly when it's the same player and it's his protege as I said. Can't imagine that'll make Khaldoun et al more likely to give him the power he craves.

Now if by me commenting on that it embarrasses you then I can only feel sorry for you. I'm not embarrassed by much of what I read on these boards these days...
Ah, you misunderstand me, I'm not embarrassed by you and nor by Mancini's antics. I must have a higher embarrassment threshold than your good self. It is an embarrassing reflection upon you and indeed your comments are a more embarrassing reflection upon than you than Balotelli's are on him and likewise with Mancini. Your comments about Mancini are punctuated with the sarcasm of bitterness. I can only imagine that stems from your personal grievances to do with your mate rather than his management. As it happens, on this rare occasion, I agree with you. Mancini does needs to be more composed but there are ways of saying it if you are truly interested in making an honest criticism rather than carrying on with your long-running grievance. You've failed qualify as a result.

Haha.

You mean like this comment from the other day:

I really like the way Mancini's handled himself in the last week.

Yep, showed my embarrassing tendency to punctuate every one of my posts about the manager with sarcasm and bitterness.

Constant references to my "mate" show that you don't know what you're talking about, don't know me or the first thing about me, and somehow think that your opinion of the manager is more relevant than mine because I've dared to use sarcasm rather than saying: "Mancini's shouldn't have reacted to Balo's tirade. Both men showed a healthy amount of unprofessionalism".

BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
You too. Let's hear it....
Your constant need to have a dig at Mancini. You need to get over it. He was right about your mate.

Mancini having public screaming matches with players because they disobey him or don't follow his orders is embarrassing for the club. Particularly when it's the same player and it's his protege as I said. Can't imagine that'll make Khaldoun et al more likely to give him the power he craves.

Now if by me commenting on that it embarrasses you then I can only feel sorry for you. I'm not embarrassed by much of what I read on these boards these days...

I think in the cold light of day, it would probably have been better for Mancini to leave Balotelli on the pitch and have a word at half time but I can see why he was angry and I can also see some sense in subbing him. These things are rarely about right and wrong and I can see both arguments. The problem I have though is that I really believe that whatever course of action Mancini had taken you would have been on here this morning saying that he was ridiculous and shouldn't have dealt with it in that particular way. You're bound to think I'm talking bollocks but you admitted at some point that you knew Mancini was the wrong man within a week of him getting the job. Your dislike of Mancini (or possibly desire to be proved right about Mancini) massively affects your ability to show any kind of objectivity in my opinion. You are becoming a parody of yourself these days.

Thing is you don't need to backheel the ball into the net or showboat to be a superstar, imagine the headlines this morning if Balotelli had merely slotted the keeper for his second goal, they would have been reporting Super Mario stories instead of the negative crap we are getting right now, the quicker he learns the better and if that means a public bollocking from Mancini then so be it.
I love Mario but apart from a handful of games it's all potential, he needs to get real and show the true qualities that we all know he has.

BillyShears said:
Haha.

You mean like this comment from the other day:

I really like the way Mancini's handled himself in the last week.

Yep, showed my embarrassing tendency to punctuate every one of my posts about the manager with sarcasm and bitterness.

Constant references to my "mate" show that you don't know what you're talking about, don't know me or the first thing about me, and somehow think that your opinion of the manager is more relevant than mine because I've dared to use sarcasm rather than saying: "Mancini's shouldn't have reacted to Balo's tirade. Both men showed a healthy amount of unprofessionalism".
You're not a mate of Ireland's then?

This is the biggest overeaction I think I've ever seen to anything I have witnessed in my 50 years. Ballo's had a very difficult life for various reasons, and is still a kid for christs sake, but by the reactions of the commentators you'd have thought he'd murdered a child!

Mancini from what I saw seemed to be told to withdraw him by one of the officials and could as some have suggested waited until halftime to have a word and sub him, diffusing what must be seen by Mario as a real public humiliation.

Galaxy were poor to be honest, but maybe the fact that Americans made such a massive thing of this, making out it was so terrible, shocking and unbelievable, whilst they are happy that own Government spends $20million investigating Monica Lewinski giving Clinton a blow job, yet only $300 Thousand on the CIA sponsored 911 incident says it all for me.

Sat and listened to a commentary throughout which enphasised just how sad these American twats are and how low they'll sink to promote MUFC and kneecap our Club and players, slagged off De Jong as some kind of filthy assasin, SWP as never being consistant enough to warrant regular football, and called Stefan Savic a 'Veteran'.

These braindead American morons turn everything into a Dysney style panto, obviously seeing showboating by a sports team as dissrespectfull, yet previously thriving on the Harlem Globetrotters and their antics for decades.

Singing from a hymn sheet designed for a nation with morals is fine in itself, but unfortunately honesty and integrity goes way beyond anything their Nation has ever had or understood, yet unfortunately this episode could set Balo back months.

Lancet Fluke said:
BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
Your constant need to have a dig at Mancini. You need to get over it. He was right about your mate.

I think in the cold light of day, it would probably have been better for Mancini to leave Balotelli on the pitch and have a word at half time but I can see why he was angry and I can also see some sense in subbing him. These things are rarely about right and wrong and I can see both arguments. The problem I have though is that I really believe that whatever course of action Mancini had taken you would have been on here this morning saying that he was ridiculous and shouldn't have dealt with it in that particular way. You're bound to think I'm talking bollocks but you admitted at some point that you knew Mancini was the wrong man within a week of him getting the job. Your dislike of Mancini (or possibly desire to be proved right about Mancini) massively affects your ability to show any kind of objectivity in my opinion. You are becoming a parody of yourself these days.

You're wrong. Not much else I can say really.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:46 am --<br /><br />
Skashion said:
You're not a mate of Ireland's then?

I've been a City supporter all my life. That's all you need to know. If you think you're more objective than me, good for you...

BillyShears said:
Lancet Fluke said:
BillyShears said:

You're wrong. Not much else I can say really.

That's your truth and I respect it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.