Balotelli - What was he thinking?

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
I can't stand Balotelli and can't wait until he leaves our club. However, he 100% thought he was offside there.

not what Mancini said about the incident:

"I hope this is a lesson for him," said City boss Roberto Mancini.

"If you are serious, you can play 90 minutes. If not, you can come and sit by me on the bench."

"In football you always need to be professional, always serious and in this moment he wasn't professional," added Mancini.

"He needs to understand his behaviour has to be good in every game - not just in a final or a semi-final but every game.

"He knows he made a mistake. Football should always be serious and if you have a chance to score, you should score.

"Mario is young, I want to help him and that is the end of it. To take him off after 30 minutes is enough punishment. It won't have been easy for him but it has to be a lesson."

When asked what Balotelli said to him as they exchanged words on the side of the pitch, Mancini said: "It was in Italian. In English I would find it difficult to give you the translation. But Mario is streetwise, he knows he was not offside."

I'm caught betwixt 2 POVs regarding our enigmatic superstar latest imbroglio.
Mancini stated that Mario is streetwise but this one thing I know a 'home ground whistle' was blown. His subsequent body language showed he 'relaxed' from real striking. He doesn't know whether he is going or coming knowing he was not flagged. Hence his turnaround?
As City supporters an attack on our city player (even 'black sheep') is an attack on our 'family'. Don't forget that!
The 'barbarians' are storming our gates.
Circle the wagon mates!

Skashion said:
BillyShears said:
You too. Let's hear it....
Your constant need to have a dig at Mancini. You need to get over it. He was right about your mate.

That's so unimaginative I'm truly saddened.

Mancini having public screaming matches with players because they disobey him or don't follow his orders is embarrassing for the club. Particularly when it's the same player and it's his protege as I said. Can't imagine that'll make Khaldoun et al more likely to give him the power he craves.

Now if by me commenting on that it embarrasses you then I can only feel sorry for you. I'm not embarrassed by much of what I read on these boards these days...

can this thread be deleted. its bad enough with sky and the rest of the journos creaming themselves over it

fucking embarrassing the so called city fans on this website

There is some turd in this thread! I know we havent seen a proper game of footy in a while but no need to start creaming ourselves over this

foley87 said:
can this thread be deleted. its bad enough with sky and the rest of the journos creaming themselves over it

What, talking about it you mean, the same incident everyone is talking about? Balotelli creates news and with some unnecessary assistance from Mancini last night, he created some more. The media will talk about it, that's what they do, especially the live media like TS and SSN. I'm far from convinced about Balotelli for 2 reasons:

1. He hasn't done anywhere near enough on the pitch, when fit.
2. I'm not one easily-led enough to put him in legend status because of his off-pitch antics, infact I couldn't care less about any of our players off-pitch, as what they do on it is the only thing they should be judged on and Balotelli, so far, has done very little to convince me he is anything like what the hype suggests.

That said though, he did a silly thing last night, nothing to warrant the coverage it is getting. Mancini handled it all wrong and that is the reason it is getting the press we are all watching/listening to. If Balotelli does what he does and thats that, there is no touch line spat, no water bottle throwing and no petulance. Mancini ensured that happened though by taking him off and for that reason entirely, it is news.

BillyShears said:
That's so unimaginative I'm truly saddened.

Mancini having public screaming matches with players because they disobey him or don't follow his orders is embarrassing for the club. Particularly when it's the same player and it's his protege as I said. Can't imagine that'll make Khaldoun et al more likely to give him the power he craves.

Now if by me commenting on that it embarrasses you then I can only feel sorry for you. I'm not embarrassed by much of what I read on these boards these days...
Ah, you misunderstand me, I'm not embarrassed by you and nor by Mancini's antics. I must have a higher embarrassment threshold than your good self. It is an embarrassing reflection upon you and indeed your comments are a more embarrassing reflection upon than you than Balotelli's error is on him and likewise with Mancini. Your comments about Mancini are punctuated with the sarcasm of bitterness. I can only imagine that stems from your personal grievances to do with your mate rather than his management. As it happens, on this rare occasion, I agree with you. Mancini does needs to be more composed but there are ways of saying it if you are truly interested in making an honest criticism rather than carrying on with your long-running grievance. You've failed qualify as a result.

foley87 said:

If anything i think Mancini's Management of the situation was really poor. SSN and others would not be like this if bobby would have left it till half time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.