Balotelli...Would you have him back?

Damocles said:
stony said:
There are no footballing reasons to have Balotelli back.

Unlike Jovetic and Negredo he can stay fit. He can play up the top holding up the ball and is particularly great at the same thing all Italian strikers are: getting a ball over the top or through the middle and finishing one-on-one with the keeper which would fit our current team much more than the style we used to play where he was a bit of a square peg in a round hole. He can also do a job out wide and cutting side if asked to. He's as good if not better than Negredo but 5 years younger

He's popular with most of the staff/squad and Dzeko, Hart and Zabaleta have all said how much they enjoyed having him at City and playing with him. In addition to this he seems to have calmed down since his engagement and is much more professional on the pitch.

It's quite the opposite I find - people don't want him because of the circus he brings off the field rather than disliking him as an actual footballer.
Perhaps if the Euro 2012 semi is the only match of his you've ever watched.

He's not so much inconsistent as its not a good performance in say 1 every 2/3 games, it's worse.

It's always glimpses of talent, which he undeniably has, not a showcase of them.

He may be 5 years younger than Negredo but the latter offers a far greater work ethic and experience, as well as the ability to score goals.

Dzeko scores goals, oh so many and important goals. He's as reliable as Mario is a liability.

I don't think it's necessary to do a Mario/Sergio give and take. However, I will repeat that at the age of 24 Mario will have 88 career goals whereas Sergio had 154 under his belt.

With Jovetic, who's 4 years younger than Negredo and although without good grounds to say for definite I would assume is better at that age for what ever that's worth. He's only about 8 months older than Mario and has shown more effort, talent and focus this pre season than Mario ever did with special mention to that Galaxy game... He's also had 2 season practically written off due to injury and hasn't always played as advanced as Mario before any goal scoring records get brought up, the comparison isn't justified in that regard.

Mario offers little if nothing over our current 4 strikers footballing wise. The "circus" is just another mark in the con column. We have a "young" forward in Jovetic, even Aguero, and 2 tried and tested experienced goal scorers in Dzeko and Negredo.

A circus act like Mario in our team full of ringleaders.....no thanks! He is a distraction on and off the pitch, but if stories on the front pages about him rather than the back floats your boat......

No chance.

Firstly because he doesn't fit our new team ethos, but mainly because he isn't good enough for us.

Jovetic is on a similar financial package and showed last night how much of a better footballer he is. If he keeps himself fit Jovetic is better than both Tevez and Balotelli.

Balotelli is a good physical presence, can strike the ball and is quick, but he's not got great vision and he isn't that prolific.

No he's not that good can't remember a good 90mins he had for us.

He's also a tit.

No thanks, he was too inconsistent and a bit of a liability.

As for Jovetic being better than Tevez, I just cannot agree, He might go on to become fantastic, but take a look at Tevez's career record. He's a goal machine. Absolutely phenomenal. He's been a success at every club he's been at. Troublesome in many ways, but a fantastic player.

I'm excited by Jovetic though, I really am.

No thanks. I loved him like the little brother I wish I'd had but ultimately too divisive within the squad for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.