Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Failsworth_Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
Dreadful why, because it doesn't lick every inch of our clubs arse, and dares to admit that united are still, (and until we surpass them in the trophy cabinet always will be), a more attractive option than us?

I don't think it's really to do with that, your saying it's a simple choice but is it really? Is it really that simple for a player, can they really ignore the players we've currently got and the current financial backing we've got? I don't think it's as simple as your making out and i don't think history plays as big a part as your suggesting but were all entitled to our own opinions
If it were Liverpool then i'd agree we are in a more advantageous position right now to challenge united and Chelsea than them. Whether people like it or not though, united when mentioned alongside us, will be a bigger name and attraction for the foreseeable future, or until we string trophies together and don't do it on a stop start basis like Chelsea. And its not solely about history, its about the fact united are a ready made, (albeit somewhat ageing), team where players slot into. We are building a whole team from scratch more or less and whether it works remains to be seen.
Fuck it though, our club is the best, I love it to bits and i'll never ever say united name again other than in a negative way. ;-)

Pigeonho no one is expecting you to lick the clubs arse as everyone sees things differently, hence it being an open forumn.

Its just a difference of opinion as to whether united are a truly more attractive prospect, you have the champions league thing thats about it though.

As a player especially an up and coming one id want to play with the best players beside me and united at the moment simply dont have those. Playing alongside paul scholes, ryan giggs, darren fletcher is not going to enhance your standing as a world player. Unless you want to play for the england team then you will automatically get in playing for united, apart from that it doesnt matter.

You may make the argument that playing under the most succesful manager in british football history would be helpful to your career ala ronaldo, but then ask yourself the question, look at rooney do you want to play under a manager who plays you when clearly unfit, do you want to play under a manager that actively hampers your fledgling international career.

This is why united can buy the top british players because of the myth peddled by sky, themselves and the british press, however across the board maybe not so much. if it was all about trophies youd stay at the current european and domestic champions wouldnt u or would you go to the runners up in the domestic competition.

Rammy Blue said:
Pigeonho said:
This maybe true, of course. A the end of the day they are going to be a more attractive option than us for any footballer who isn't currently motivated by money only. In other words it is likely, no matter what we all think about them, that a player will have more chance of winning medals with them, and I mean big medals here, PL's, CL's, than us until such a day we do win the league and finally stand up to be counted. Yes my tin hat is on, and no I don't care! For a 19 year old kid, having the option of Man United or Man City is going to be a pretty simple choice......................as it stands.

Dreadful post.

I know...ffs, we'll never win it with that attitude.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
I don't think it's really to do with that, your saying it's a simple choice but is it really? Is it really that simple for a player, can they really ignore the players we've currently got and the current financial backing we've got? I don't think it's as simple as your making out and i don't think history plays as big a part as your suggesting but were all entitled to our own opinions
If it were Liverpool then i'd agree we are in a more advantageous position right now to challenge united and Chelsea than them. Whether people like it or not though, united when mentioned alongside us, will be a bigger name and attraction for the foreseeable future, or until we string trophies together and don't do it on a stop start basis like Chelsea. And its not solely about history, its about the fact united are a ready made, (albeit somewhat ageing), team where players slot into. We are building a whole team from scratch more or less and whether it works remains to be seen.
Fuck it though, our club is the best, I love it to bits and i'll never ever say united name again other than in a negative way. ;-)

The ageing team for me is a big factor. In years gone by it wouldn't have mattered as they'd have had the money to go out and spend 20/30 million on a young player such as they did with Rooney/Nani/Anderson so they would always be able to keep it fresh, things have changed now though and i highly doubt we'll see United spend close to 20million on a youngster again so when people are looking at signing for them surely they take into account that they've got an ageing team and apart from maybe a couple of buys a summer they won't be able to splash the cash as they have done previously. Is their position at the top of English football in terms of competing sustainable considering the money problems they have?

We on the other hand have a relatively young squad with many excellent players and it's only a matter of time before we are challenging for trophies, of course players may still favour United but i wouldn't say it's a simple choice

It's a strange one really. Balotelli with Ferguson would be a terrific match, he handles ego's really well on the otherhand Mancini introduced him into the Inter Milan team at a young age however I still dont think Balotelli is the one to live on sentiment.

Chelsea(Abramovic + Ancelotti) have met with Kaka's representives in Brazil two days ago so that rules them out of the Balotelli deal.

I think it comes down to if United can match Inter's valuation of the player and that is something nobody knows.

THEBLUEDONKEY said:
Sky Sport Italia claim that Balotelli will not leave with the rest of the Inter squad for their friendly tour at the weekend, adding further fuel to the speculation that he will seal his transfer to the Premier League by the end of this week

nice :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.