Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
scottyboi said:
Someone please put Pige out of his misery the Ushited top is on sale now, we putting too for him?
;)
Errr, give me a minute....

*quickly tries to struggle out of united top and into City top without anyone noticing*

As someone rightly said, its about opinions. I dare say one day I will be able to say 'what the fuck has he gone there for', when its a choice of us or them. My opinion though is that as it stands, a young player would more than likely think of united, and all that it comes with, is a better option right now, (and I emphasise the right now bit), than joining us. Some might think joining Chelsea is still more attractive than joining us, and whilst I do kind of think that way I also think it won't be long until we are above Chelsea in the pecking order but for that to happen we need to win things, and win them consistently so that people look at us and think, 'they win things year in, year out, Man City are the team for me'. Like I say, I am extremely confident that day will one day come, hopefully sooner rather than later so I don't get lynched whenever I dare have an opinion which is even remotely anti-us.

I think you guys should read this from Corriere dello Sport. It is an indication that we are now beginning to really enter the psyche of world football.....
Reminds me of when I was in Greece last summer and a bunch of Greeks were talking football and the main topic was Manchester City becomming the next force in European football.......[i speak greek so i understood them!]....made me realise we are becoming a footballing giant...........

Tuesday, 20 July 2010
Mario Balotelli and the new Manchester City - Corriere dello Sport

I have been fortunate enough to have been on holiday in Italy for the past week or so and, whilst that means this blog has suffered, it no longer means I am out of contact with what City are up to.

In not too distant times a lot of the European press would refer to our near neighbours (I am not talking about Stockport) as 'Manchester', so to find pages upon pages of coverage talking about us on first name terms, 'City', is yet another indicator of how the status of the club is changing across the world. To use Friday as an example, both the Corriere dello Sport and the Gazzetta dello Sport led with City on the front page and double page coverage on the inside pages. Obviously the subject matter had a part to play here.

Mario Balotelli is a phenomenon in Italy, for reasons both good and bad. Tipped by many on his break-through to be the great future star of Italian football, a turbulent relationship with Mourinho and subsequently the Inter fans (not improved by his wearing of an AC Milan shirt on television, his boyhood club) has ended in the previously inconceivable situation where Inter would be willing to listen to offers for him. Massimo Moratti was quoted in La Repubblica as saying 'I don't like it, but I will think about it.'

In the Corriere's poll, 51% answered 'no' to 'is it right that Balotelli has been put on the market?' About as even as it gets. The argument is one of talent versus attitude. He is only twenty next month and the potential, if not current ability, is greatly impressive, but he will have to be well managed not to self-destruct. As the lady who sold the paper said: 'his attitude is bad on and off the pitch, it will be good for him to leave Italy' and reunite with Mancini (who she adores!). This is the hope, and I believe there is definitely something in it: that a loved Balotelli and a happy Balotelli could well become one of the stars of the European game - and under his 'father figure', Mancini, the talent could be nurtured into just that.

Saturday's paper was so convinced of this deal happening that it ran with 'Balotelli to play against Inter on 31st July', in allusion to our upcoming friendly with his current club. According to their reports only the particulars of the deal need to be agreed, and on their speculation this could yet take some time: €25m? €30m? €34m? a fee plus Micah Richards? a deal with Robinho? an agreement to leave Maicon alone? an agreement to let them purchase Dzeko as a replacement? I think it is fair to say that there is still a good deal of speculation to be had before a deal is, or isn't, done. They had Monday as the day that a decisive offer would be laid down, so we shall have to wait and see whether that was the case or not.

They also report the Kolarov deal, as has been widely reported here as well, as done - although the Lazio manager said he has gone, the Lazio president is apparently holding out for another million.

Included in Friday's double page focus on Balotelli and Manchester City was a possible starting eleven graphic for 'Il nuovo Manchester City':

Hart

Boateng, Luiz, K. Toure, Kolarov

Y. Toure, Barry

Balotelli, Tevez, Silva

Dzeko

A quite formidable line-up. With Mancini, Lombardo, Salsano, Carminati and Battara on the coaching staff, it is perhaps not that great a surprise we are getting the same treatment as an Italian club in their papers, especially considering the Balotelli interest, but it does prove that the waves we are making in the Premier League are hitting other shores.
Posted by Base_Comedy at 10:09
Labels: Manchester City

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
I don't think it's really to do with that, your saying it's a simple choice but is it really? Is it really that simple for a player, can they really ignore the players we've currently got and the current financial backing we've got? I don't think it's as simple as your making out and i don't think history plays as big a part as your suggesting but were all entitled to our own opinions
If it were Liverpool then i'd agree we are in a more advantageous position right now to challenge united and Chelsea than them. Whether people like it or not though, united when mentioned alongside us, will be a bigger name and attraction for the foreseeable future, or until we string trophies together and don't do it on a stop start basis like Chelsea. And its not solely about history, its about the fact united are a ready made, (albeit somewhat ageing), team where players slot into. We are building a whole team from scratch more or less and whether it works remains to be seen.
Fuck it though, our club is the best, I love it to bits and i'll never ever say united name again other than in a negative way. ;-)
thats the spirit, we was just about to send out a lynch mob.

Slur alex just said on ssn that they will not be adding anymore to their squad,they are happy with what they have...which is no money.

samharris said:
Slur alex just said on ssn that they will not be adding anymore to their squad,they are happy with what they have...which is no money.

I will admit Baconface is a good manager but he is going to have to use every cunning, dirty, wily trick in his repetoire to get that squad into the top two next season.

LoveCity said:
samharris said:

I will admit Baconface is a good manager but he is going to have to use every cunning, dirty, wily trick in his repetoire to get that squad into the top two next season.

A manager is only as good as the players he has..he has had great players and still has some great players...but they are a bit thin on the ground now..

K.Reeves right foot said:
I think you guys should read this from Corriere dello Sport. It is an indication that we are now beginning to really enter the psyche of world football.....
Reminds me of when I was in Greece last summer and a bunch of Greeks were talking football and the main topic was Manchester City becomming the next force in European football.......[i speak greek so i understood them!]....made me realise we are becoming a footballing giant...........

Tuesday, 20 July 2010
Mario Balotelli and the new Manchester City - Corriere dello Sport

I have been fortunate enough to have been on holiday in Italy for the past week or so and, whilst that means this blog has suffered, it no longer means I am out of contact with what City are up to.

In not too distant times a lot of the European press would refer to our near neighbours (I am not talking about Stockport) as 'Manchester', so to find pages upon pages of coverage talking about us on first name terms, 'City', is yet another indicator of how the status of the club is changing across the world. To use Friday as an example, both the Corriere dello Sport and the Gazzetta dello Sport led with City on the front page and double page coverage on the inside pages. Obviously the subject matter had a part to play here.

Mario Balotelli is a phenomenon in Italy, for reasons both good and bad. Tipped by many on his break-through to be the great future star of Italian football, a turbulent relationship with Mourinho and subsequently the Inter fans (not improved by his wearing of an AC Milan shirt on television, his boyhood club) has ended in the previously inconceivable situation where Inter would be willing to listen to offers for him. Massimo Moratti was quoted in La Repubblica as saying 'I don't like it, but I will think about it.'

In the Corriere's poll, 51% answered 'no' to 'is it right that Balotelli has been put on the market?' About as even as it gets. The argument is one of talent versus attitude. He is only twenty next month and the potential, if not current ability, is greatly impressive, but he will have to be well managed not to self-destruct. As the lady who sold the paper said: 'his attitude is bad on and off the pitch, it will be good for him to leave Italy' and reunite with Mancini (who she adores!). This is the hope, and I believe there is definitely something in it: that a loved Balotelli and a happy Balotelli could well become one of the stars of the European game - and under his 'father figure', Mancini, the talent could be nurtured into just that.

Saturday's paper was so convinced of this deal happening that it ran with 'Balotelli to play against Inter on 31st July', in allusion to our upcoming friendly with his current club. According to their reports only the particulars of the deal need to be agreed, and on their speculation this could yet take some time: €25m? €30m? €34m? a fee plus Micah Richards? a deal with Robinho? an agreement to leave Maicon alone? an agreement to let them purchase Dzeko as a replacement? I think it is fair to say that there is still a good deal of speculation to be had before a deal is, or isn't, done. They had Monday as the day that a decisive offer would be laid down, so we shall have to wait and see whether that was the case or not.

They also report the Kolarov deal, as has been widely reported here as well, as done - although the Lazio manager said he has gone, the Lazio president is apparently holding out for another million.

Included in Friday's double page focus on Balotelli and Manchester City was a possible starting eleven graphic for 'Il nuovo Manchester City':

Hart

Boateng, Luiz, K. Toure, Kolarov

Y. Toure, Barry

Balotelli, Tevez, Silva

Dzeko

A quite formidable line-up. With Mancini, Lombardo, Salsano, Carminati and Battara on the coaching staff, it is perhaps not that great a surprise we are getting the same treatment as an Italian club in their papers, especially considering the Balotelli interest, but it does prove that the waves we are making in the Premier League are hitting other shores.
Posted by Base_Comedy at 10:09
Labels: Manchester City

Excellent post bud - really enjoyed reading that :)
Out of interest, what blog is it? Seems quite good...

Definitely an interesting post even if maybe a little inaccurate as we seem to have no chance of signing Luiz now and Dzeko talk has also quietened down. =)

City: No £35m bid for Balotelli

Published 11:53 20/07/10 By David Anderson

Recommend

Balotelli-Inter-Milan-Cropped.jpg

Manchester City refuse to be pressured into signing Mario Balotelli from Inter Milan.

According to claims from Italy, City are reportedly prepared to pay £35million for the teenage striker.

However the Blues have poured cold water on those claims - as well as denying they are interested in Chelsea's Didier Drogba.

City claim they have not made a bid, despite reports from Italy that they have had a £21million bid rejected.

They say boss Roberto Mancini, who brought Balotelli through the ranks at the San Siro when he was Inter boss, is keen on the 19-year-old, but that he is one of a number of striking transfer targets.

City have still not given up on Edin Dzeko, despite Wolfsburg's reluctance to compromise over their asking price, and CEO Garry Cook still appears to be dreaming about signing Fernando Torres, according to Oasis' Noel Gallagher.

City are monitoring Balotelli's position amid reports from Italy that Chelsea have stepped up their interest and say no deal is imminent.

Mancini does want another striker and the club have been quick to shoot down claims by Drogba's agent on France radio that the Italian is after him.

A spokesperson said: "There is no truth in his agent's claims that we want to sign Didier Drogba."

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-City-deny-35million-bid-for-Inter-Milan-s-Mario-Balotelli-and-quash-rumours-of-a-move-for-Didier-Drogba-of-Chelsea-article530731.html#ixzz0uDuswLRD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Tr ... z0uDuswLRD</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.