Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
Wiekens said:
Brilliant post.

Funny you say that about being called "City" in Italy. Im out on the tour in the States at the moment, and was talking to a Spanish family in the pool at my hotel. The youngest of 2 sons (about 9 years old), was calling us "The City". They are Real Sociedad fans, and were telling me that Garrido has been linked with a return to them.

Atmos is brilliant over here, and Citys profile is definately getting bigger. I shared a couple of beers with some "American Blues" before the Portland game, and one of the lads had his original Dennis Tueart New York Cosmos shirt on!
Jammy, jammy bastard! I'm currently sat on my chair, working in my house with no beers, no American Blues and a grey, overcast sky to look at!

Id actually saved up for 3 years to go to the world cup, and my mate deicded to get married, and pulled out! So I talked my old man into coming over to States!

Its class. Heading over to NYC tomorrow, to spend a few days there before the Sporting game.

Has anyone been to NYC before? The Sporting game is in New Jersey, which is only a short journey away. But i'm not sure if we should get a taxi or the bus?? any advice would be very welcome? (sorry this is not very transfer related :-))

Also, someone was telling me that Yaya should be playing against the Red Bulls. Is that common knowledge at home?

Damocles said:
I've got a bad feeling about this transfer.

I get bad feelings about every transfer we make or try to make. Its just part of growing up as a city fan for the last 35+ years.

readie21 said:
Damocles said:
I've got a bad feeling about this transfer.
I think after all we've heard in the press, it will most likely go through. The press and his agent have probablly made a lot of stuff up along the way to try to get more money or more of a reaction, for example saying United and Chelsea are interested, just like they are with everything we do and our name seems to be thrown in all over the place. I think Mancini will push for this one to go through, because we know he is a big fan of Super Mario's, and yesterday on SSN someone said it was more of a case of "when and not if".

sStay calm folks!...Just been messaging with a palin Italy and he says City are the only club interested. The links with Chelsea and Stretford FC [aka Norwich mkII] are merely to push up the price, generated by nefarious intentions of agent/officials of Milan, it's common place in Italy to use any strategy available to push the price up. According to my pal [he's noy ITK or anything just what is obvious in Italy] City have their man but its a mighty complex deal which may involve exchange of players....but to sum up..........we have him........

Wiekens said:
Pigeonho said:
Jammy, jammy bastard! I'm currently sat on my chair, working in my house with no beers, no American Blues and a grey, overcast sky to look at!

Id actually saved up for 3 years to go to the world cup, and my mate deicded to get married, and pulled out! So I talked my old man into coming over to States!

Its class. Heading over to NYC tomorrow, to spend a few days there before the Sporting game.

Has anyone been to NYC before? The Sporting game is in New Jersey, which is only a short journey away. But i'm not sure if we should get a taxi or the bus?? any advice would be very welcome? (sorry this is not very transfer related :-))

Also, someone was telling me that Yaya should be playing against the Red Bulls. Is that common knowledge at home?

get the Path train from ground zero (downtown) to harrison mate - 20/25 mins then a short walk

Wiekens said:
Pigeonho said:

Don't get a taxi FFS!!! get the train...

see Jonesy's comments from the New York blues site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/mcfcnyforum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/mcfcn ... f=23&t=339</a>

The Nearest Path train stop to the Hatter is at 23rd st and 6th Ave (10 minute walk with a limp) You will take the train to Journal Sqaure, and change to the Red line for Harrison. The train stops right across from Red Bull stadium and takes about half an hour depending on the connections. Please take a gander at the map below. FORGET TAXI'S!! A taxi to the stadium will cost an arm and a leg compared to the $1.75 each way the train costs.

metalblue said:
Wiekens said:

get the Path train from ground zero (downtown) to harrison mate - 20/25 mins then a short walk

Brilliant - Thanks fella

tonethestone said:
GX Blue said:
Just out of interest
Can Balotelli play out wide or like behind the striker, similar to Bellamy/Robinho, or is she just an out and out striker?

wide right and striker

I would say LAM, CAM, RAM and CF - judging my some of his goals

levets said:
Wiekens said:

see Jonesy's comments from the New York blues site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/mcfcnyforum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.madhattersaloonnyc.com/mcfcn ... f=23&t=339</a>

The Nearest Path train stop to the Hatter is at 23rd st and 6th Ave (10 minute walk with a limp) You will take the train to Journal Sqaure, and change to the Red line for Harrison. The train stops right across from Red Bull stadium and takes about half an hour depending on the connections. Please take a gander at the map below. FORGET TAXI'S!! A taxi to the stadium will cost an arm and a leg compared to the $1.75 each way the train costs.

Great stuff.... and I might try to find that bar too!!!

Wiekens said:
levets said:

Great stuff.... and I might try to find that bar too!!!

Finding that bar is a MUST!! Was there mid June and had a great night with the lads (and Reds) there... I believe it is the 'meet' for the games...

Cracking post on the previous page. I was in Rome last week and our name was everywhere, on the box, papers and news boards. Now, my Italian ain't that great but it seemed to me that Ballotelli was pretty much done as was Kolarov, strange that I was in Rome but there was more talk about Balo than Kolarov. We really seem to be respected there which to me, goes to show how much of a respected and influencial figure Mancini is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.