Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bellwhaft said:
Giles said:
And I can tell you that you're wrong - seen him 7-8 times over the last couple of seasons and while he was inconsistent the boy certainly can play and he has the right qualities for the Premier.

Not that there's any changing your mind - do you post on any other threads?
;-)

Yes I've seen him too mate. It's all about opinions. All we can say is it's divided, which is a bit concerning when the club are about to shell out £25m or something. Yes we can afford it, but it's obscene for this player. I'll give it 'til the end of September Henry Winter and the anti-City press vipers will be having a field day with this one.

ah thats better, IN YOUR OPINION he is pants, not the way you tend to phrase things though is it?

bellwhaft said:
Giles said:
And I can tell you that you're wrong - seen him 7-8 times over the last couple of seasons and while he was inconsistent the boy certainly can play and he has the right qualities for the Premier.

Not that there's any changing your mind - do you post on any other threads?
;-)

Yes I've seen him too mate. It's all about opinions. All we can say is it's divided, which is a bit concerning when the club are about to shell out £25m or something. Yes we can afford it, but it's obscene for this player. I'll give it 'til the end of September Henry Winter and the anti-City press vipers will be having a field day with this one.

First, Mancini was his mentor at Inter - if Balotelli really was shit Mancini would have to be a total stinker of a coach to go back for him and spend £25m+ on him. I don't happen to think that Mancini is a terrible coach.

Second, why would you give a monkey's what the likes of Winter and the press apes think? Grow some thicker skin, for heaven's sake!

r.soleofsalford said:
some people change their mind quickly

example
Balotelli 20 goals in 59 games (for the CL winners/best side in Italy)

Corradi 15 goals in 69 games (for Parma/Reggina).

that works out at Corradi's rate being one goal every four and a half, and Balotelli's rate being better than one in three. one in three is acceptable for a support striker. very acceptable for a young player. Rooney managed 15 in 67 for Everton.

Two points of order before my observation:

1) Balotelli is a maturing teenager. An extraordinarily talented teenager. I am 46, and surely hope I have grown in every way as a person since I was 19.

2) Balotelli has been the object of intensive racism. Remember the Champions League game at Inter v. Barca when he threw his jersey to the ground? There are people there that HATE this kid. This HATE cannot be a result of his goals to games ratio.

My observation--This maturing kid has every right to be pissed to high hell after being the object of intensive racism. If he is allowed to grow and become a man after being subjected to this in Italy, and then to be free of it in Manchester where his immeasurable talent can blossom, pay the 30, and trust Mancini to guide him.

bellwhaft said:
Interesting comparison with the last great young Italian striker that was plucked from Serie A, one Massimo Maccarone.

At roughly the same age, and playing for a far inferior team, Maccarone scored 26 in 68 for Empoli in the two years preceding him signing for Middlesbrough.

In approximately the same time-frame and at roughly the same age, 'super mario' has scored 20 in 61 predominantly in a superb Inter side.
What a terrible comparison. You're comparing Empoli's first choice striker playing in Serie B to a 17-19 year old Inter player who has played most of his 59 appearances coming off the bench yet still scores 20 in Serie A. What a joke! Ok so you don't rate the guy, fine but don't post pointless comparisons which show you have zero understanding of the game.

BTW Rooney scored just 15 goals in 67 appearances for Everton in the Premiership and he was errr... 17-19 while he did that! Sound similar?

bellwhaft said:
I can tell you Balotelli is pants. Inter and Rafa must be laughing their bollocks off at the amount we are seemingly prepared to pay for this guy.

Last night you wrote:
bellwhaft said:
City do not have a good history of recouping what they spent, do they.
You are a windup merchant, nothing more, nothing less.

Mods please ban him for pretending to be a blue.

C_T_I_D said:
Balotelli, if he fulfils his potential, will be twice the player Dzeko (who according to some is a more complete player) is.

CTID watch dzeko on you tube last season then watch super mario, Dzeko is by far superior to balo. I get your point on potential but honestly i didn't think that much of him. Italian football is poor though lol.

bellwhaft said:
I'll give it 'til the end of September Henry Winter and the anti-City press vipers will be having a field day with this one.

You're going to piss your panties over something Henry Winter might say?

Deary me.

Fuzzmaster101 said:
bellwhaft said:
Interesting comparison with the last great young Italian striker that was plucked from Serie A, one Massimo Maccarone.

At roughly the same age, and playing for a far inferior team, Maccarone scored 26 in 68 for Empoli in the two years preceding him signing for Middlesbrough.

In approximately the same time-frame and at roughly the same age, 'super mario' has scored 20 in 61 predominantly in a superb Inter side.
What a terrible comparison. You're comparing Empoli's first choice striker playing in Serie B to a 17-19 year old Inter player who has played most of his 59 appearances coming off the bench yet still scores 20 in Serie A. What a joke! Ok so you don't rate the guy, fine but don't post pointless comparisons which show you have zero understanding of the game.

BTW Rooney scored just 15 goals in 67 appearances for Everton in the Premiership and he was errr... 17-19 while he did that! Sound similar?

bellwhaft wasnt you saying what a great player and talent for the future this lad would be. i think that was earlier in the week. or am i wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.