Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, if hes good enough for the national team he is good enough for our bench, and it seems he might have been told a move to us would increase his chances in the national team.

Italy's new coach Cesare Prandelli may enlist stars Mario Balotelli and Antonio Cassano for the team's first match since its disastrous exit from the World Cup, an Italian sports daily reported Monday.

"Cassano could play centre and Balotelli on the left," Prandelli told sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport in an interview.

"But I can't say whether they will play together in London" in a friendly match against Ivory Coast next Monday, he said.

Prandelli said he believed Sampdoria playmaker Cassano, 28, had finally matured after getting married in June.

Prandelli's predecessor Marcello Lippi snubbed both Cassano and Balotelli, Inter Milan's teenaged forward, for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Reigning champions Italy were embarrassingly bundled out of the tournament after three matches following a shock 3-2 defeat to Slovakia that left them at the bottom of what had looked like a fairly easy group, including Paraguay and rank outsiders New Zealand.

Many observers blamed the dismal showing on Lippi's decision to tap experienced but ageing players over young Turks Balotelli and Cassano.

Prandelli said he believed 19-year-old Balotelli's imminent move from Inter Milan to Manchester City would improve his chances of playing for the national team.

"I will call up those actually playing on their teams, so I prefer to see Balotelli as a regular player in England than as a reserve in Italy," Prandelli said

CITYMANCS-REJECT said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
your username is now invalid ;-)

Yet another bit of bad business City did. Lost out on an awesome striker and never gave him a chance!

How is a bad bit of business selling someone who has told you he wants to move back to Italy. He has no good memories in England or with City in particular and he wanted go back to his almost adopted country

Robbo. said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Is this if we ignore the fact we still have 2 deals unconcluded and 1 of those is definatly still in discussion

Yes but I think that they will not get done.

I have the same feeling Robbo. I know these things can be complicated, but it's gone on for too long now. I think there is something more fundamental than a couple of million quid in the way of this one.

But like you, I hope I'm wrong

At the same time, unless we are in discussions for another striker, it seems we are missing the chance to get someone in before the season starts

CITYMANCS-REJECT said:
ah well another fail then I am guessing.

Looking like a bit of a joke this season if I am honest. Especially after Viera's red card! Anyone else watch that game? We looked awful

AND

CITYMANCS-REJECT said:
Yet another bit of bad business City did. Lost out on an awesome striker and never gave him a chance!

You don't have a lot of positives to say about City do you?

Is that why we have to put up with you after your banning at Citymancs?

Please hurry up and sign Super Mario! :)

mario-strikers-charged1.jpg

bobby wants Mario and i do think it will happen,but if it ain't done who does he go after folks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.