Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
warhawkmoski said:
SamTheGuru said:
Nonono! You cannot pay a 19 year old this much!!! If he does turn out to be a star, in 3 years time he will want to be the highest paid player in the world! Then 3 years later he will want to be on half a million a week! Just no!

You don't dictate a players wage because of their age, you dictate their wage because of their talent. If RSC is getting 90K a week, why does Mario not deserve that when he is a far superior talent that RSC? When the lad gets his next contract he will be 25-26, in his prime, make him the one highest paid players in the world, if he develops the way many expect, with another 5-6 year deal, then he will be 31-32 years old when that is up. Seems to be pretty logical to me, given the current market, and the automatic price hike City is paying these days.

He will get his next contract at the age of 23. I believe he is just turning 20 and signing a 5 year contract in which case a new contract will more than likely be tied up with 2 years to go if he is any good. 5-6 years? What planet are you from? Players are constantly pushing for better contracts/wages. Not only that it will be a bit of an insult to the rest of the team. Age/Experience does largely dictate wage packets. He is 19 years old at the moment! It would shatter any wage structure that we have altogether!

we have a lot of defenders of various ability, but we have no defence. this should be settled and a unit and its along way off that. even a new center half wont solve this issue, although it may improve it. the center is the heart of the matter. we either stick with a pairing and accept its gonna be ok or we gamble on improving it at the risk of unsettling it.

Danamy said:
The Fixer said:
The CB position worries me, we spend all this money improving the squad yet one of the most glaring deficiences is the CB position... imo it will come back to haunt us.

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 am --

I agree with that nev, but for me we need a quality CB mate.

My biggest fear is that we still don't have a natural leader, nobody that's vocal enough to pull the team together when the chips are down.
Stoke away and were 1-0 down you need someone out there that's lifting the team and willing to bang heads together with respect from others.............we currently don't have that?

If we had signed Terry then I dont think that Hughes would have been sacked.

twinkletoes said:
Danamy said:
My biggest fear is that we still don't have a natural leader, nobody that's vocal enough to pull the team together when the chips are down.
Stoke away and were 1-0 down you need someone out there that's lifting the team and willing to bang heads together with respect from others.............we currently don't have that?

He would of fit the bill on both very good defender and a natural leader however imagine the shit due to the bridge and Terry stuff fcuk a duck :O)

twinkletoes said:
Danamy said:

If Terry had signed, the team would have imploded. Bullet dodged by us on this occasion.

twinkletoes said:
Danamy said:

Is that some sort of joke? Every manager could say that 'if you let me sign the national team's captain, i'll improve results' Ridiculos
Without getting into a Hughes in/out debate i feel if we would have had Terry, Xavi, Messi and Torres we would still have been shit

Lomas has a lob on said:
twinkletoes said:
If Terry had signed, the team would have imploded. Bullet dodged by us on this occasion.

true but we need a Terry type player but not on with the personal baggage associated with the original

nickson71 said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

true but we need a Terry type player but not on with the personal baggage associated with the original

most will prob not agree, but the only one i can think of - Kompany

big guys who can throw his weight around, ive never seen him be shy of speaking his mind, only difficulty might be the language barrier.

Is this recycled or new?

Sky Italia claim imminent big money City deal

Italian sports news broadcaster Sky Sport Italia claim that Manchester City are only 48 hours away from officially confirming the acquisition of Inter Milan’s Mario Balotelli.
The Italian under-21 international has been heavily linked with a reunion with former Inter boss Roberto Mancini with reports now claiming that a five year contract worth £2.8 million each season being negotiated.
The combustible, mercurial hitman is recognised as one of the most exciting prospects in Serie A. While Inter are thought to be keen on holding onto their strike starlet it has been accepted by the club’s hierarchy that should a suitable big money offer be forthcoming from Manchester City then a deal could be agreed.
Balotelli missed the nerrazurri’s pre-season friendly against Chelsea last week and was also absent from Tuesday’s match against Panathinaikos. It is believed that the arrival of City’s latest big money star could herald a further cull of City’s current first team squad. Roque Santa Cruz, Emmanuel Adebayor and Craig Bellamy have all been tipped to quit Eastlands with several continental suitors eyeing deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.