Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
twinkletoes said:
Danamy said:
My biggest fear is that we still don't have a natural leader, nobody that's vocal enough to pull the team together when the chips are down.
Stoke away and were 1-0 down you need someone out there that's lifting the team and willing to bang heads together with respect from others.............we currently don't have that?

If we had signed Terry then I dont think that Hughes would have been sacked.

Terry had no intention on coming he just used City to get a better deal out of Chelsea.............he pissed a lot of people off in the process for his own gain but that's the type of guy he is though!

was told on the stadium tour that balotelli was a done deal about two weeks ago.

not sure why it's taking so long therefore to finalise but with weasely agents and everyone else trying to screw what they can out of us it's no surprise that the deal is agreed in principle than it takes a while to sort out personal terms and so on.

Incidentally, I think Balotelli looks like an over-cocky cock - hope he lives up to his own belief!

Danamy said:
The Fixer said:
The CB position worries me, we spend all this money improving the squad yet one of the most glaring deficiences is the CB position... imo it will come back to haunt us.

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:02 am --

I agree with that nev, but for me we need a quality CB mate.

My biggest fear is that we still don't have a natural leader, nobody that's vocal enough to pull the team together when the chips are down.
Stoke away and were 1-0 down you need someone out there that's lifting the team and willing to bang heads together with respect from others.............we currently don't have that?

This is bang on and exactly why we went balls out for Terry.

Unfortunately, these type of players seem few and far between, these days?

I'm hoping Yaya when he gets more accustomed to his surroundings will take the lead.

But Barry, who shouldn't even be in the starting eleven, Kompany, Given, Kolo.

All too passive. It's all about respect. It's such a shame Tevez doesn't have a grasp of the lingo.

It's also maybe entwined. Centre-backs are usually the ones entrusted with the role...and we don't have one to piss in.

I agree that Yaya seems the best fit going forward to be the leader on the pitch. i think that maybe we should just opt for this and let him grow into the role. as for central defence, well my heart tells me that we desperately need to improve in this area but not sure that we need to buy. CB partnerships rarely just happen, like leaders they tend to grow and the one thing that we didn't have the luxury of last season was a settled pairing for one reason or the other and I think that most of our problems were caused through a lack of understanding rather than a lack of ability. Yes all of our options in the position could do with an extra yard of pace but with the additions that we have already made then we should have enough about us to compensate for that.
The key I believe is for Bobby to make his mind up on his best pairing and then just going for it. Yes they will make mistakes, yes this will be a worry and cost us points early on, but if (and I believe they are) the players we have to select from for the positions are the quality that most in the know think that they are. Then the partnership will learn from its mistakes, heal itself and grow.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:02 am --<br /><br />
Raymoz said:
De Jong for captain for me, hard as nails,eloquent,intelligent and born winner.

I whole-heartedly agree, but even though I really hate to say this as I am a big fan, I am not sure that he is going to make the 25.

Raymoz said:
De Jong for captain for me, hard as nails,eloquent,intelligent and born winner.

I agree with that 100% he's a leader and will do a much better than kolo in my opinion

I believe that Marouane Fellaini would be a stella centre back, yes I know he is supposedly a midfielder but all the same I still think he would make a great centre half. why?....he's only 22, over six foot four inches tall, he is physically strong, an incredible athlete and a wonderful header of the ball.

I await the abuse that I know is going to come my way but all the same, I think the guys a real star.

I see people are suggesting Yaya should be our leader. Kolo himself has said that Yaya is more passive and reserved than him, saying they are exact opposites! There's 2 things in that. Firstly, as good a player as Yaya is, he's not captain material. Secondly, Kolo is deluded if he thinks he is the opposite of passive!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/147725/Man-City-Balotelli-deal-off/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... -deal-off/</a>

sorry if allready been posted.

if not this dont look good.

davelyncooper said:
I believe that Marouane Fellaini would be a stella centre back, yes I know he is supposedly a midfielder but all the same I still think he would make a great centre half. why?....he's only 22, over six foot four inches tall, he is physically strong, an incredible athlete and a wonderful header of the ball.

I await the abuse that I know is going to come my way but all the same, I think the guys a real star.

Brilliant if the sole purpose of a CB is to head the ball however he is from the Paul Scholes school of tackling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.