Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put yourself in the kid's position:

He knows that he is signing for City tomorrow. He has also been asked to not to disclose this, yet. He is then asked a direct question about his future and the prospect of him signing for City. In an attempt to not give anything away, his answer is non-committal, although a little clumsily worded. He emphasised that he knew what the outcome would be, but still offered the idea, that he may stay, in attempt to prevent the journalists jumping the gun. Finally, also allow for the poor translation?!

johnmc said:
Without having a go, no other clubs seem to have these long drawn out transfer affairs. Its by no means the first time its happened is it.

Maybe its other clubs wanting far more for their players off us than they would any other club but the kaka and eto'o were played far too much in the press - which would be ok if they eventually signed.

No other club makes as many transfers as we do. When a famous player is transfered this is what happens, see Ronaldo last year or recently the saga around Fabregas, Ibrahimovic and Maicon to various clubs.

We only hear much about it in the UK when a UK team is involved. In Italy and Spain they have new rumours each and every day about several players. When we negotiate with a Italian club like this case, the UK press quote the Italian rumour articles.

So I don't think it's City's fault, it's just the fact that we negotiate with an Italian club that creates the rumours.

I mean, look at it this way:
The Italian chairman has more or less comented it every day to the press, if it has been advanced or not through the last 24h. Compare that to Milner and Aston Villa, who refused to comment until last week, when MON commented on it. Today was the first day the Aston Villa chairman commented on it.

philinho said:
johnmc said:
Without having a go, no other clubs seem to have these long drawn out transfer affairs. Its by no means the first time its happened is it.

I've wondered about this too but came to the conclusion that ours feel like that to me because I don't spend all day at work hitting refresh on other teams forums...

We're doing best to avoid agent fees. Thats why it takes time. That and we're all impatient :-)

BLOOMUEN said:
Put yourself in the kid's position:

He knows that he is signing for City tomorrow. He has also been asked to not to disclose this, yet. He is then asked a direct question about his future and the prospect of him signing for City. In an attempt to not give anything away, his answer is non-committal, although a little clumsily worded. He emphasised that he knew what the outcome would be, but still offered the idea, that he may stay, in attempt to prevent the journalists jumping the gun. Finally, also allow for the poor translation?!

Yep. He can't exactly announce the transfer himself, at the Italian camp. The rules are often that you don't comment on club dealings while on national team duty.

Plus, the Man City PR team are probably preparing the announcement, Balotelli would steal their thunder if he announced it himself. Remember Robinho & Tevez? TV crews and people were gathered in hundreds outside the stadium, it got people buzzing for hours before it happened, people loved it.

Outrun said:
No other club makes as many transfers as we do. When a famous player is transfered this is what happens, see Ronaldo last year or recently the saga around Fabregas, Ibrahimovic and Maicon to various clubs.

We only hear much about it in the UK when a UK team is involved. In Italy and Spain they have new rumours each and every day about several players. When we negotiate with a Italian club like this case, the UK press quote the Italian rumour articles.

So I don't think it's City's fault, it's just the fact that we negotiate with an Italian club that creates the rumours.

The Italian chairman has more or less comented it every day to the press, if it has been advanced or not through the last 24h. Compare that to Milner and Aston Villa, who refused to comment until last week, when MON commented on it. Today was the first day the Aston Villa chairman commented on it.

Eto'o was with Barca so its not just the Italians. The Milner saga has dragged on for a good while as well and whilst i dont think it was the main reason it is no doubt one reason M'ON went.

I probably just notice it more as it is my own club so more interest. But we have had some long threads on players on here that have not pulled on the shirt

Rob The Knob said:
Not sure what were getting into here!! This seems as long drawn out as Milner, but that will happen..His reputation, the homesick thing and the comments post the International concern me!! He also drifts in and out of games and despite his frame seems unwilling to go up for headers!!

Trust Mancini but this could end in tears...Can't understand why our focus is not on Dzeko, he clearly wants out of Germany!!
Dezko is 24 Balotelli is 20. how many games have you seen with him? you reallly cant make a judgement on his first national game with new player and the fact to play for his country the first time.

Ancelotti said: he will be the difference from us challenge the for 4th or the title.
Mancini, praise him and rate him and rate him highly

Jon arne riise said yesterday to a norwegian newspaper that Balotelli was the best talent/player he ever been up against, on the same level as Christiano Ronaldo.

Just look what he has done and what he is capable of at age under 20.
He will sign and he will be one of the best players in the world! and we can have him for over a decade.

johnmc said:
Outrun said:

Eto'o was with Barca so its not just the Italians. The Milner saga has dragged on for a good while as well and whilst i dont think it was the main reason it is no doubt one reason M'ON went.

I probably just notice it more as it is my own club so more interest. But we have had some long threads on players on here that have not pulled on the shirt

No, as I said: "In Italy and Spain they have new rumours each and every day about several players.".

"But we have had some long threads on players on here that have not pulled on the shirt"

And that's Bluemoon's fault. The David Luiz thread has 80 pages but:
A) Neither Benfica or Man City has claimed they're interested in a transfer
B) The player hasn't mentioned anything about going to City
C) Not even his AGENT, who often are full of shit and say stuff, has said he's going to City

It's ridiculous.

We are driving this transfer with other transfers in limbo until we say go! We want Balo but do not need him (Not the end of the world if it does not happen)

Inter need our money to buy Mascherano from the dippers! And the dippers need the money and available salary from Mascherano going to get Poulsen from Juve, who in turn need the Poulsen money to get Krasic!

Just like Mike Read in runaround, nobody moves until we say go!

So at this moment who do we believe ?

1) The Player
2) His Agent
3) Milans President
4) Bobby Manc
5) Marwood
6) Cook
7) Sheikh Mansour
8) Citys PR Dept
9) MEN
10) Other Newspapers/Media
11) SKY
12) Our OS
13) Italian Journalists
14) " Television
15) WUMS
16) ITK
17) Blue Moon
18) City Fans
19) Khaldoon
20) And the main person IMO is definately Uncle Tom Cobley

So perm as a minimum any one from twenty !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.