Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammyblues said:
Will some kind expert on Italian league explain to me why we are paying near on 25m for a 19 year old with an attitude that blows hot & cold?

Because an English player with all the above attributes went to the rags down the road for a similar fee and turned out to be pretty good.

sometimes you know when someones got something special, Balotelli IMO is one of those players.

I've heard that we are supposed to be signing 7 players this window so that would be:

Boateng
Silva
Ya Ya Toure
Kolarov
Ballotelli

Leaving 2 more deals by the end of week???

Maicon and Dzeko???[/quote]

more likely to be milner and dzeko imo

Rammyblues said:
Will some kind expert on Italian league explain to me why we are paying near on 25m for a 19 year old with an attitude that blows hot & cold?

I'm not an expert but im going to have a shot. As you mention he is only 19 years of age yet last season still managed to find his way to 40 appearences in the side of the current European champions and treble winners last season. In his 40 appearences he managed 11 goals and 8 Assists. Not exactly dynamite figures but still very impressive for a player of his age. While overall his record stands at contributing to 28 goals and 14 Assists in 86 appearences in the last 3 seasons since the age of 17 - Just under contributing to a goal every 2 games!

As a player he is very tall standing at a mean 6'3, very powerful being built for this league and has alot of pace to match his bags of technical ability. He can also take a mean free-kick which can also come in handy every once in a while. The £25m figure when put into perspective is no more ludicrous of that spent on Wayne Rooney by the green and yellow brigade across the way, and look how that one turned out. Should Balotelli not prove to be such a hit then in a few years time he can always be sold on for £10-£15m knowing that the risk was worth taking.

Finally, as decieving as youtube can be, how many 19 year olds could you make a video like this about, enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvh-3S3hdas&feature=related[/youtube]

Why do we have to answer this question 12 times a day?

Nothing against you mate, just find it weird we see the same question about this player all the time.

Blue Coop said:
Rammyblues said:

I'm not an expert but im going to have a shot. As you mention he is only 19 years of age yet last season still managed to find his way to 40 appearences in the side of the current European champions and treble winners last season. In his 40 appearences he managed 11 goals and 8 Assists. Not exactly dynamite figures but still very impressive for a player of his age. While overall his record stands at contributing to 28 goals and 14 Assists in 86 appearences in the last 3 seasons since the age of 17 - Just under contributing to a goal every 2 games!

As a player he is very tall standing at a mean 6'3, very powerful being built for this league and has alot of pace to match his bags of technical ability. He can also take a mean free-kick which can also come in handy every once in a while. The £25m figure when put into perspective is no more ludicrous of that spent on Wayne Rooney by the green and yellow brigade across the way, and look how that one turned out. Should Balotelli not prove to be such a hit then in a few years time he can always be sold on for £10-£15m knowing that the risk was worth taking.

Finally, as decieving as youtube can be, how many 19 year olds could you make a video like this about, enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvh-3S3hdas&feature=related[/youtube]

Rooney at 19 couldnt head like this kid tbh..

This signing if it comes off is a massive risk but fortunately we can afford to take risks,potentially could become one of the best in the world and i think mancini knows that.

one think stands out after watching them clips of him is how much natural ability he has he makes goalscoring look so easy and is playing in 1st gear he definately will improve and like mancini says he could turn out to be world class so yes worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.