Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunk said:
Honest question, but if Balotelli is so special, why was he not in the Italy squad for the World Cup?

Apparently Di Natale, Gilardino, Iaquinta, Pazzini and Quagliarella are all better as far as Lippi's concerned.

absolutley, and how far did they get, so perhaps he should have gone.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Bunk said:
Honest question, but if Balotelli is so special, why was he not in the Italy squad for the World Cup?

Apparently Di Natale, Gilardino, Iaquinta, Pazzini and Quagliarella are all better as far as Lippi's concerned.
Same could be said about Adam Johnson with England

We paid 6m for Adam Johnson compared to the 30m we're looking likely to pay for Balotelli, so that comparison doesn't stand up one bit.

For 30m I would expect a lot more certainty about the player (his attitude & professionalism, his goal scoring record at both club and international level, his potential ability to adjust to the Premier League etc).

Manchester City Are Interested In Mario Balotelli But Claims He Is Unaware Of Any Offers
Moratti puts the downers on City talk...

By Salvatore Landolina
Jul 16, 2010 2:58:00 PM

Mario Barwuah Balotelli
Inter president Massimo Moratti has admitted that Manchester City are interested in striker Mario Balotelli, although he quickly revealed that he has not been following the latest developments and has no knowledge that the Citizens have made a €25 million bid.

Earlier Inter sources told La Gazzetta dello Sport City made a €25m offer with a further €5m fee that would be paid if Balotelli were to take the Premier League by storm.

The developments follow on from Thursday's rush in which the player's agent Mino Raiola said his client "would be leaving".

That was followed by City's bid. It was rejected late last night. Though all was not lost as it seems another meeting between both clubs took place on Friday morning.

However Moratti was eager to keep things under cover.

"Balotelli to City? Honestly I don't know anything about an offer, believe me. Are City interested? I think so but don't ask me because I don't know," he told the press.

"I don't have any information because I was busy this morning."

The chief was probed on whether Inter were being forced to sell because of contraints on finances.

"The aim for the next two years is to make this club strong economically and we will do what is necessary to achieve this."

It's going to be a recipe for disaster if he ends up at City. Can't see him sticking around for more than a season or two.

He could be the next WPOTY if he came to us.
Haha, so deluded. He's gonna' flop. Oh, unless he goes to United, you say? Stupid rags.

SalfordCityBlue said:
TheIllestVillains said:
You want the disgusting, sad truth?

The FIGC (in a nutshell, Italy's version of the FA) dosen't want the face of Italian football to be a black male, a son of a refugee.

Didn't want to post that myself cos there is no proof it is true, but I think everyone suspects, at least a bit...

Balotelli is not a 'pure bred' Italian in the eyes of some, and should not play for the national team, but I do hope (and believe) that is not the majority view.

i vaguely remember reading... somewhere... that Balotelli had what seemed like an obscure strop wanting all those guys fired. if this story is true then not only would that explain it, but i'm on the kid's side.

hope we get him. he's been ace for me in FM, although i can't get him to track back and he's performed poorly at left back.

Bunk said:
We paid 6m for Adam Johnson compared to the 30m we're looking likely to pay for Balotelli, so that comparison doesn't stand up one bit.

I think the point trying to be made was that players who deserve to go to the World Cup don't always go, so you can't use it as a stick to beat them with.

Balotelli is made for the Premiership's shall we say uglier side, while still having the technical ability most English players lack.

Agree with the rag who suggested he has the potential to be a future world player of the year, but of course, we should rule him out because he's never played in 'the best league in the world' and should sign Joe Cole or Jimmy Bullard instead.

zeusbheld said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Didn't want to post that myself cos there is no proof it is true, but I think everyone suspects, at least a bit...

Balotelli is not a 'pure bred' Italian in the eyes of some, and should not play for the national team, but I do hope (and believe) that is not the majority view.

i vaguely remember reading... somewhere... that Balotelli had what seemed like an obscure strop wanting all those guys fired. if this story is true then not only would that explain it, but i'm on the kid's side.

hope we get him. he's been ace for me in FM, although i can't get him to track back and he's performed poorly at left back.

An obscure strop? What on earth is an obscure strop? Also, quoting what he is like on FM does not really add any credence to an argument regarding how good he is, sorry.

Hell of a fee to pay for 'potential' , for every player that realised their potential there must be hundreds that didn't.

bluemoon32 said:
Hell of a fee to pay for 'potential' , for every player that realised their potential there must be hundreds that didn't.

There aren't hundreds with such spectacular potential though. And Balotelli is a fantastic player already, just not a true great yet - not many have the potential to become a true great IMO.

Slight risk yes, but I'd say far less than taking a risk on an injury prone wreck like Torres.

Not sure why people get hung up on the fee?<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 pm --<br /><br />
Bluezxc said:
An obscure strop? What on earth is an obscure strop? Also, quoting what he is like on FM does not really add any credence to an argument regarding how good he is, sorry.

I took it to mean he raged against them, without stating an obvious reason as to what his gripe was?

And I don't play FM so no idea how he is on there. Only how good he is on the real pitch.

bluemoon32 said:

but hes a great player already, thats the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.