Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluestevei said:
can we not just say to him and his agent, sign today or goodbye. and then we will move on to other targets. it might be me, but is his agent waiting for chelsea or u@d to come calling.
There wont be an endless list of targets.

Inter Milan striker Samuel Eto'o has warned his current team-mate, and Manchester City target, Mario Balotelli he must control his temper if he is to fulfill his potential.

City are said to be close to tying up a £25 million deal for the temperamental teenager, with Inter keen to let the starlet leave following a string of fall-outs with team-mates, supporters and former coach Jose Mourinho.

Cameroon international Eto'o, himself notoriously tempestuous, has admitted Balotelli could become a star in the Premier League if he can keep his emotions in check.

"He [Mario Balotelli] has the potential to go on and be one of the best players in the world, but he must sort some things out in his head," Eto'o told the Daily Star Sunday.

"The older players at Inter Milan have always tried to advise him. I am not sure how successfully but, if he is to be a success and not waste his career he must listen to the players at Manchester City. This is the chance for a fresh start."

Balotelli is widely regarded as one of the most promising youngsters in Italy, with many believing he is the man to lead their next generation of stars.

However, despite only a short career in the Inter first-team so far, controversy has surrounded the outspoken youngster and if a move to Eastlands does occur he'll be aiming to let his football do the talking.

This was in the Daily Star (normally rubbish, but quotes are quotes). Samuel must be ITK.

Taylor said:
Balotelli says he gets home sick.... well thats all we need another Robinho who misses home!!

it was a pretty general quote

you dont think players like nando, tevez etc dont miss home

some players are able to deal with it tho!

Taylor said:
Balotelli says he gets home sick.... well thats all we need another Robinho who misses home!!
He'll have Mancini and numerous members of the coaching staff that are all Italian, and I'd imagine they'd go out of there way to make sure Mario settles in England, and im sure he'll appreciate not getting racial abuse at every ground, I think he'll be just fine.

richards30 said:
Jimma said:
Mario - Move would be hard
Inter striker's transfer saga drags on

Last updated: 1st August 2010

Balotelli: Fiery temper

SKY SPORTS ON SKY
There's more live football on Sky Sports than ever before, including the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Clydesdale Bank Premier League, England away Euro 2012 qualifiers and La Liga. With four live Sky Sports channels, as well as Sky Sports News, you'll never miss a moment on Sky. Click here for more.
Related links
Teams
Inter Milan
Manchester City
Players
Mario Balotelli
Also see
Watch on your PC
Serie A fixtures
Serie A stats
Mario Balotelli has cast doubt over his proposed move to Man City by admitting he gets homesick.

The Inter Milan striker has become embroiled in a long-running transfer saga this summer, with his future dominating the headlines.

City have been tracking the 19-year-old striker for some time, with former Inter boss Robert Mancini unfazed by the youngster's fiery temperament.

A big-money deal was believed to be edging closer earlier this week, with the Bluesconfident they were about to land their man.

However, talks have stalled and the issue continues to drag on without a clear conclusion in sight.

Alone

Balotelli was thought to be keen on a switch after becoming disillusioned with life at Inter, but he has now revealed that he would find it hard to leave his homeland.

He told Italy's Vanity Fair magazine: "I don't like being alone. I can't imagine being far from my family, in another city."

The fiery youngster has also admitted that he sometimes struggles to control his temper.

He suffered numerous bust-ups with former coach Jose Mourinho last season and accepts that he can fly off the handle at times.

"Sometimes on the field my head leads me astray," he said.

Bored
"I have no problems with self control over my body. I've never hurt anyone, never reacted violently.

"I tried to correct my behaviour for two or three weeks but I couldn't take it any more. I got bored.

"I am a boy, not a grown man, but I will become one. I always want to be the centre of attention. That's how I am and others don't like it.

"Even if I don't always behave as I should, this still doesn't explain why so many people have something against me.

"Whatever I do, people always talk about me. They keep at it non-stop. Balotelli here, Balotelli there. Why?"

from sky.

nothing new and i feel the heading is a bit embellished but yes thats latest ive seen...
surely it must be an older article??? why come out and say now he gets homesick when his prick of an agent said last week he wanted the move sorted out?!?!?!?!

It is, the original article was done on the 4th June. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.vanityfair.com/online/fairplay/2010/06/mario-balotelli-i-am-not-yet-a-grown-man.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.vanityfair.com/online/fairpl ... n-man.html</a>

For whats its worth:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/08/01/2051114/inter-coach-rafael-benitez-unaware-of-mario-balotellis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... balotellis</a>

simono said:
"The older players at Inter Milan have always tried to advise him. I am not sure how successfully but, if he is to be a success and not waste his career he must listen to the players at Manchester City. This is the chance for a fresh start."

This was in the Daily Star (normally rubbish, but quotes are quotes). Samuel must be ITK.

Quite a few people are starting to regard it as done now, even people envolved with inter, so we must tie it up at some point...

clubfoot said:
For whats its worth:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/08/01/2051114/inter-coach-rafael-benitez-unaware-of-mario-balotellis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... balotellis</a>

Who's Rafa kidding - he must be stupid if he doesn't now anything about Mario's situation. Man City played aggresively - he wants to get that cheating w@nker Materazzi under control. Really don't like Rafa he's a poor mans Fergiescum - always moaning but happy to look the other way when it suits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.