Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should Balotelli go this window

Kompany is King said:
Milan making noises about wanting to sign Balotelli. €37 million being quoted. Equates to £31m.

Should we sell or keep?

22 years old - will he get better or waste the talent he has?

Given we bought him for £24m, August 2010, do you think we would get a higher price than what we paid if we sold? For me we bought a lot of potential but has he improved? Yes he has had some great games, particularly Italy v Germany. Penalties for City have been fantastic.

For me Balotelli is not a team player and he has had numerous disciplinary issues. However he has proved to be able to produce moments of sublime technical skill.

Balotelli keeps City's name in the media, if we need it or want it. Has the £24m been well spent? For me 30 goals in 75 matches is a good, not great return for a striker who would like to be considered as one of the world's best.

If Milan will pay a figure City are happy to accept I would sell. Not convinced Milan have the money.

I'm fully convinced wherever he goes if he's their main striker, plays week in week out, he'll develop into an outstanding player. He's a character, he's entertaining, and he's fun. Whatever you think of him as a person he also has a wealth of raw football talent. Unfortunately in this country he's also hugely persecuted, picking up frequent 'reputation bookings', not being given the benefit of the doubt, constant focus of media attention. This allied with his lack of effort at times and inconsistency born out of our rotation system, not doing himself any favours with little outbursts, his future at City looks pretty bleak at best.

I'd love to keep him. But for the better of the club replacing him with someone in the mould of Sanchez or Pedro would likely be best. Are we still looking at Jovetic?

This season, financially we need to make up for our crap performance in the CL. The money being talked about would give us a very nice profit on sale, which would probably equate to a QF appearance in the CL. He's not essential so we should snatch their hands off & get rid. Might even be the difference between making FFP and failing it.

adrianr said:
Kompany is King said:
Milan making noises about wanting to sign Balotelli. €37 million being quoted. Equates to £31m.

Should we sell or keep?

Given we bought him for £24m, August 2010, do you think we would get a higher price than what we paid if we sold? For me we bought a lot of potential but has he improved? Yes he has had some great games, particularly Italy v Germany. Penalties for City have been fantastic.

For me Balotelli is not a team player and he has had numerous disciplinary issues. However he has proved to be able to produce moments of sublime technical skill.

Balotelli keeps City's name in the media, if we need it or want it. Has the £24m been well spent? For me 30 goals in 75 matches is a good, not great return for a striker who would like to be considered as one of the world's best.

If Milan will pay a figure City are happy to accept I would sell. Not convinced Milan have the money.

I'm fully convinced wherever he goes if he's their main striker, plays week in week out, he'll develop into an outstanding player. He's a character, he's entertaining, and he's fun. Whatever you think of him as a person he also has a wealth of raw football talent. Unfortunately in this country he's also hugely persecuted, picking up frequent 'reputation bookings', not being given the benefit of the doubt, constant focus of media attention. This allied with his lack of effort at times and inconsistency born out of our rotation system, not doing himself any favours with little outbursts, his future at City looks pretty bleak at best.

I'd love to keep him. But for the better of the club replacing him with someone in the mould of Sanchez or Pedro would likely be best. Are we still looking at Jovetic?

We will not get anybody with real quality in this window.

adrianr said:
Kompany is King said:

Should we sell or keep?

Tbh i think Jovetic will be the man who will replace Tevez this summer...

Ray78 said:
adrianr said:
Kompany is King said:

Should we sell or keep?

We will not get anybody with real quality in this window.

I don't think we necessarily need to. No longer in the CL, no Europa, no League Cup. If now is the best time to get the best price for Balo then so be it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
This season, financially we need to make up for our crap performance in the CL. The money being talked about would give us a very nice profit on sale, which would probably equate to a QF appearance in the CL. He's not essential so we should snatch their hands off & get rid. Might even be the difference between making FFP and failing it.

Good point mate, I can see his sale as part of FFP thinking.

I also think that he should be replaced by Guidetti, if we want Cavani or Falcao we will have to sell Dzeko or Tevez if you ask me.

You can't have 4 worldy strikers and Guidetti, Mario was a working project, John can be the new working project - like for like.

Prestwich_Blue said:

So we won't be spending the money we make on him then?

Another January loan special it is then.

If he does go, we may sign someone on a 6-month contract or loan as cover. Mancini said 2 months at least until Guidetti can play properly, maybe he is bluffing as Guidetti has started playing for the U21s but I don't see any reason to bluff about that.

Still think no deal will be reached, Milan are stubborn bastards and we seem intent to not get bent over anymore... a year ago Milan tried it with Tevez and failed.

Claytop said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

So we won't be spending the money we make on him then?

Another January loan special it is then.
We don't need to spend so we should just bank the money until the summer?

We have no extra commitments outside of the FA cup so unless we are selling 4-5 players we have no need to bring anyone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.