Balotelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
This season, financially we need to make up for our crap performance in the CL. The money being talked about would give us a very nice profit on sale, which would probably equate to a QF appearance in the CL. He's not essential so we should snatch their hands off & get rid. Might even be the difference between making FFP and failing it.
Are we looking at failing FFP, not my impression but you know better than me, just hate all the rags I know being right

Prestwich_Blue said:
This season, financially we need to make up for our crap performance in the CL. The money being talked about would give us a very nice profit on sale, which would probably equate to a QF appearance in the CL. He's not essential so we should snatch their hands off & get rid. Might even be the difference between making FFP and failing it.

This bothered me a bit.

It was hard watching Dortmund's midfield overrun ours as someone like Balotelli sits on the sidelines, soaking up more salary+transfer fees than that entire midfield combined. We can easily be leaner, our payroll is bloated with non performers.

If they offered 20m I'd snatch their hand off.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I think you're being pretty optimistic if you think Milan will pay £31m, I'd be surprised if they offered £3.1m.

Time wasters, always.

31mil?? fuck you can have him for a bag of crisps and a snicker bar. surely a bid of around 20mil should be enough, after all he hasnt exactly dont much this season to justify 31mil pricetag

cleavers said:
Ray78 said:
If this goes ahead I can see some of the pressure lifted off Mancini.
Yes he's under such immense pressure after 7 wins out of 8 games, with 5 clean sheets, and conceded 5, whilst scoring 17, I can't see how he can keep his job given such a terrible performance.

Mario is the biggest millstone around his neck!. It is nothing to do with team results. Sell him and the pressure is relieved.

Claytop said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

So we won't be spending the money we make on him then?

Another January loan special it is then.
We can spend. The way players are accounted for we can take a nice profit on Balotelli and only incur a small charge for a new player.

If we paid £22m for him 2.5 years ago on a 5 year contract he's "worth" £11m now. If we sell him for £30m we will show a £19m profit. If we buy someone else for £30m on a 5 year contract, that will incur an expense of £3m this year. That's a net profit of £16m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.