Ban the Grand National?

hilts said:
leighton said:
southaustralianblue said:
yeah fuck off the jumps. no one would notice the difference, you can still have a punt on the flat races

I would expect that from a Aussie or a Yank as they dont do the Jumps. If you did do the jumps you would change your mind as it is the greastest thing to see a horse pinging over the fences at full speed. It would be like horse racing losing its soul if they were to get rid of jumps racing.

i particularly like the bit where you see the horses leg break and the distress it causes. and you certainly cant beat seeing it get shot in the head, oh the joy

anyhow off to ebay to buy a club, those seals are gonna get it big time

The annual seal cull is not a sport mate. Plus, their tasty and their ours.
Try clubbing a pastie instead

I enjoy horse racing but after that first fence in the Grand National I just thought to myself that's shameful, look at the amount of horses falling from the first fence. Some of the falls were horrible and instead of being a good race it just seemed like the horse left standing would win. Way too many runners too, when you see the fall that Ruby Walsh had with Zarkander and how that happened in a small field, imagine what could happen when you have that many runners all squashed together.

It really didn't feel special at all, I personally hated the race. Felt sorry for Synchronised when McCoy showed it the first fence and it got scared. Some of you say you don't care if it's a horse that got put down. If one of the jockeys had died would you be saying the same? Just cause that didn't happen doesn't mean that it can't or won't. Why must we always wait till a tragedy happens before we put measures in to prevent it.

I wouldn't ban the race but they need to reduce the size of those fences and the amount of runners.

Aguero said:
I enjoy horse racing but after that first fence in the Grand National I just thought to myself that's shameful, look at the amount of horses falling from the first fence. Some of the falls were horrible and instead of being a good race it just seemed like the horse left standing would win. Way too many runners too, when you see the fall that Ruby Walsh had with Zarkander and how that happened in a small field, imagine what could happen when you have that many runners all squashed together.

It really didn't feel special at all, I personally hated the race. Felt sorry for Synchronised when McCoy showed it the first fence and it got scared. Some of you say you don't care if it's a horse that got put down. If one of the jockeys had died would you be saying the same? Just cause that didn't happen doesn't mean that it can't or won't. Why must we always wait till a tragedy happens before we put measures in to prevent it.

I wouldn't ban the race but they need to reduce the size of those fences and the amount of runners.

This is the greatest horse race in the world, if you change anything it would lose that title, and sponsorship. The owners of horses can choose to enter or not.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Aguero said:

This is the greatest horse race in the world, if you change anything it would lose that title, and sponsorship. The owners of horses can choose to enter or not.

Does a lower fence prevent it being so ?

To risk a horses life with stupidly high gates for no apparent reason is just the stupidest thing i can imagine.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Aguero said:

It won't be great for much longer if there aren't any great horses left alive to race in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.