Ban the Grand National?

marios stress ball said:
hilts said:
leighton said:
I would expect that from a Aussie or a Yank as they dont do the Jumps. If you did do the jumps you would change your mind as it is the greastest thing to see a horse pinging over the fences at full speed. It would be like horse racing losing its soul if they were to get rid of jumps racing.

i particularly like the bit where you see the horses leg break and the distress it causes. and you certainly cant beat seeing it get shot in the head, oh the joy

anyhow off to ebay to buy a club, those seals are gonna get it big time

Unfortunately for you that rarely happens so stop banging on about a hand full of incidents like they happen all the time.
Rarely happens? Sky News have just said that 40 horses have been killed on the Aintree course this year alone. If that figure is true then it is a disgrace.

It's clear that the number of runners and the size of the falls once they go over the fences are both far too big. If they're not willing to sort both of those things out themselves then the government needs to step in and do it for them.

Aguero said:
Some of you say you don't care if it's a horse that got put down. If one of the jockeys had died would you be saying the same?
I honestly wouldn't give a shit, and I doubt they would want me to. What goes around comes around. A few jockey deaths would hopefully make them see sense and sort it all out.

Well they've announced this morning that they are looking into the safety of the course. Well I think thats what I seen on the news anyway.

Aguero said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Aguero said:
I enjoy horse racing but after that first fence in the Grand National I just thought to myself that's shameful, look at the amount of horses falling from the first fence. Some of the falls were horrible and instead of being a good race it just seemed like the horse left standing would win. Way too many runners too, when you see the fall that Ruby Walsh had with Zarkander and how that happened in a small field, imagine what could happen when you have that many runners all squashed together.

It really didn't feel special at all, I personally hated the race. Felt sorry for Synchronised when McCoy showed it the first fence and it got scared. Some of you say you don't care if it's a horse that got put down. If one of the jockeys had died would you be saying the same? Just cause that didn't happen doesn't mean that it can't or won't. Why must we always wait till a tragedy happens before we put measures in to prevent it.

I wouldn't ban the race but they need to reduce the size of those fences and the amount of runners.

This is the greatest horse race in the world, if you change anything it would lose that title, and sponsorship. The owners of horses can choose to enter or not.

It won't be great for much longer if there aren't any great horses left alive to race in it.

HAHAHAHAHA

Dubai Blue said:
marios stress ball said:
hilts said:
i particularly like the bit where you see the horses leg break and the distress it causes. and you certainly cant beat seeing it get shot in the head, oh the joy

Unfortunately for you that rarely happens so stop banging on about a hand full of incidents like they happen all the time.
Rarely happens? Sky News have just said that 40 horses have been killed on the Aintree course this year alone. If that figure is true then it is a disgrace.

It's clear that the number of runners and the size of the falls once they go over the fences are both far too big. If they're not willing to sort both of those things out themselves then the government needs to step in and do it for them.

Aguero said:
Some of you say you don't care if it's a horse that got put down. If one of the jockeys had died would you be saying the same?
I honestly wouldn't give a shit, and I doubt they would want me to. What goes around comes around. A few jockey deaths would hopefully make them see sense and sort it all out.

Are you seriously saying that you wouldn't give a shit about the death of a jockey,because in your warped values system of karma they somehow deserved to die for the 'crime' of riding a horse?
'What goes around comes around' does it?
So next time I see some little kiddie at gymkhana take a tumble off a horse when negotiating a fence,just like a jockey does,they clearly deserve to die do they?
Perhaps you would like to inform their parents that 'what goes around comes around' as they are lying in a hospital bed?
Maybe showjumpers deserve to die as well,in your sick world,or polo players,or three day eventers,because they all commit the dreadful offence of riding horses which sometimes lose their lives.
Jockeys do die,both on the flat,and in National Hunt races,not that you would know or care.
I have always respected you as a poster up until now,but if you are seriously saying that anyone who rides a horse deserves to die,and that the life of a horse is as important as that of a human being,then you are simply an idiot.

Wish people would stop bleating on about Showjumping, Dressage, Gymkana etc. No one cares about it. Does it relate to anyone but toffs? Would anyone seriously care if they didnt exist?

johnmc said:
Wish people would stop bleating on about Showjumping, Dressage, Gymkana etc. No one cares about it. Does it relate to anyone but toffs? Would anyone seriously care if they didnt exist?

Another cock from the 'I don't follow it or understand it myself,so I shall resort to an uninformed cliched comment and suggest banning it,whilst waging my very own personal class war' school of stupidity.
'Toffs',(whoever the fuck they are),probably have little interest in football,but they don't prattle ignorant shite about banning it.
Those folk who do participate in the sports you mention do care passionately about them,even if you don't.
Maybe you would like to furnish us all with a list of all sports that you know fuck all about that you would like banned so that others can't enjoy them either?

Dubai Blue said:
marios stress ball said:
hilts said:

Yes, that's what we need. More legislation.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 am --<br /><br />
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
'Toffs',(whoever the fuck they are),probably have little interest in football,but they don't prattle ignorant shite about banning it.
Toffs are rowers I hear.

They are fair game on here, especially in sports few (if any) know anything about.

Another cock from the 'I don't follow it or understand it myself,so I shall resort to an uninformed cliched comment and suggest banning it,whilst waging my very own personal class war' school of stupidity.
'Toffs',(whoever the fck they are),probably have little interest in football,but they don't prattle ignorant site about banning it.
Those folk who do participate in the sports you mention do care passionately about them,even if you don't.
Maybe you would like to furnish us all with a list of all sports that you know fck all about that you would like banned so that others can't enjoy them either?

Polo
Buzkashi
Indy Car racing
Kabaddi
Archery

Are you seriously saying that you wouldn't give a shit about the death of a jockey,because in your warped values system of karma they somehow deserved to die for the 'crime' of riding a horse?
'What goes around comes around' does it?
So next time I see some little kiddie at gymkhana take a tumble off a horse when negotiating a fence,just like a jockey does,they clearly deserve to die do they?
Perhaps you would like to inform their parents that 'what goes around comes around' as they are lying in a hospital bed?
Maybe showjumpers deserve to die as well,in your sick world,or polo players,or three day eventers,because they all commit the dreadful offence of riding horses which sometimes lose their lives.
Jockeys do die,both on the flat,and in National Hunt races,not that you would know or care.
I have always respected you as a poster up until now,but if you are seriously saying that anyone who rides a horse deserves to die,and that the life of a horse is as important as that of a human being,then you are simply an idiot.
You describe me as 'warped' and then go on to say 'if you are seriously saying that anyone who rides a horse deserves to die'. Where, anywhere in any of my posts, have I ever said anything even barely resembling what you've just accused me of?

Yes, I'm seriously saying I wouldn't give a shit if a jockey died. No doubt there'd be a thread on here with hundreds of sheep saying RIP over and over again about someone they've never met, whilst simultaneously blubbering away over what a tragedy it is that someone participating in a very dangerous pursuit has, shock horror, lost their life.

But I very seriously and very honestly wouldn't give a shit. Much like I couldn't give a shit when an F1 driver, base jumper or lion tamer dies. They know the risks, so, yes, what goes around comes around. They're doing something very dangerous and shit like that happens. People who do things such as that generally don't want anyone's sympathy if it all goes tits up. And they wouldn't get any from me. They die doing something they enjoy and something that they knew could kill them.

But that is a long, long, very fucking long way from saying that everyone who rides horses deserves to die.

You need to calm down and give the hyberbole a rest. Honestly, banging on about my 'sick world' and 'warped value system' whilst calling me an 'idiot' really doesn't do your argument any favours at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.