Ban the Grand National?

blumoon said:
2 heart attacks of late in the Footie.....shall we ban that too

They choose to play a horse gets broken in and then it does as it is made to.

Jump meets should be banned yes, not just the Grand National.
Until we can ask the horse what it would like to do we have no right to risk their lives for trivial shite like jump meets.
It just seems totally unnecessary.

Just like that race track that got banned after Dan Wheldon died there. The sport is still healthy, it's just cutting out the unnecessary danger.

Banning the Grand National the usual shit it appears. Horses break down on the flat and have to be put down. The owners know the risks before they get into horse racing. Granted its sad to see but thats horse racing for you. There will always be thousands of people who will pay there hard earned cash to go and watch racing live or bet in the bookies. Banning the sport of kings will never happen ever.

Re: Re: Re: Ban the Grand National?

BlueInCanada said:
johnmc said:
blumoon said:

2 horses out of 40. Is it 2 footballers out of 40?

Not to sound like an uncaring twat, but it's just an animal.

I dont get upset when I see a dead deer or raccoon on the side of the road, but should driving me banned?

Never understood what makes one animal cuter than another, but thats another thread.

I don't get upset about it tbh. But i can see the argument

That synchronized should never have raced. It fucked off for 5 minutes. Then it was shown the 1st and you could see it wasn't right. The commentator said it as well. Someone should have seen that and pulled it out. That could have been avoided.

The difference in road death is that they are wild animals. These horses are made to jump fences i doubt they would if they were wild.

leighton said:
Banning the Grand National the usual shit it appears. Horses break down on the flat and have to be put down. The owners know the risks before they get into horse racing. Granted its sad to see but thats horse racing for you. There will always be thousands of people who will pay there hard earned cash to go and watch racing live or bet in the bookies. Banning the sport of kings will never happen ever.

Crossing the road can see you hit by a bus. There are acceptable risks we aknowledge in life.
On the flat the amount of horses that pull up is a lot lower than on jumps.
The fact is they die for our sport and i find that shit. Jump meets are imo unnaceptable for the risks incurred, whats wrong just with flat racing ?

It is a sport for fools, any gambling based sport is.

@john, your correct horses will not jump in the wild, even when they are being herded by helicopters and they are scared shitless they do not jump naturally.

mancitygaz said:
Synchronised was an accident waiting to happen after the pre race goings on.

Pigs are bred for pork, cows steak, chickens............etc

Race horses are molly coddled all their life, no horse racing, no race horses. The end of a species. They are not your average nag.

When all is said and done wether you like it or not this is
the bottom line.
These horses are not bred as pets.

TCIB said:
blumoon said:

Until we can ask the horse what it would like to do we have no right to risk their lives for trivial shite like jump meets.

Just like that race track that got banned after Dan Wheldon died there. The sport is still healthy, it's just cutting out the unnecessary danger.

From my understanding Syncronized fell at the 6th, carried on running until the 11th where he had the fatal fall. To say horses don't want to jump the fences is naive. Just look at how many carry on even without jockeys.

jay_mcfc said:
TCIB said:
blumoon said:

From my understanding Syncronized fell at the 6th, carried on running until the 11th where he had the fatal fall. To say horses don't want to jump the fences is naive. Just look at how many carry on even without jockeys.

No you totally miss the point.

These horses your talking about are broken in and have been bred by us to do this.
I have ridden for about 20 years in total and never once saw any of the horses at the livery i used jump the posts when left to relax in the field.
Not even the Arabs and thoroughbreds that had been raised to do so.

You simply will not see a horse at rest jump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.