bandwagon fans

the citizens said:
where have all these new city fans come from since the take over, funny none signed up while we was playing stockport . ive been using bluemoon for a number of yrs now but lately i fooking cringe at some of the bollocks ppl write on this forum , half of them seem to have no Fooking all about football an what city means as a club .

sorry to rant , but i love city , dream city , breath city but these coonts make me sick ..

One of the worst posts ever, Perth Australia!!!!!!!!

PowderBlue said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
Your making out like its the worst thing ever

No i'm not - you missed my point entirely. I said it interests me, meaning I am interested in how an increased fan base works ie are they 'new' football fans, or do they come over from another club?

I guess a perfect example is someone like myself. I've been following the Premier League since 2001 and never had an affiliation to a particular team. In 2006 after doing some research I selected MCFC for a variety of reasons. Since then I have supported from afar and watch the games on tv no matter how early kickoff is (yelling at the tv at 5am tends to piss the wife off...but who cares). I also support my local team and currently hold season tickets.
I haven't had the opportunity to attend a match at COMS yet, but I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan.

Immaculate Pasta said:
rowsley_st said:
Not wishing to use the word...but I will...City have a massive fan base, there are loads of people who "support" City and don't go that often due to a number of reasons.
There are also those who over the years have been put off coming to watch City live due to the shite that was lobbed up as football....and once you get out of the habit of going it's difficult to get back into it.
(There was something mentioned on the OS earlier, 91 thousand unique visitors tuned in to the Barca City game last night...anyone explain what "unique" means in Tinternet terms???....)
I attended the Hacienda from the first week it opened, it was dead for a few years, never even had to queue to get in most weeks, then...It became popular, in fact massively popular, the music being played changed and moved with the times, people didn't call the newcomers band wagon jumpers, they just accepted that it evolved (OK, the e's helped!)
My point is there's this attitude that unless you've watched City week in week out and got piss wet through at a second division ground on a january tueday night, you're not worthy to be called a true City fan and anyone who wasn't there and who hasn't attended for ages on a regular basis are bandwagon jumpers, which is bollocks.

I'm sure the guy said there was 25,000 watching.

He did but the Official Site says 91k on an article on there?....PS How boring was the commentators voice ffs?..

samharris said:
rossie said:
at least we have actually seem then win something then sam hehehe

Trouble is we werent legally allowed a drink to celebrate...hmmph !!:)
WE WILL THIS TIME THOUGH SAM BABY ..YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Re unique users: This is a guess but if someone logs in, loses connection and then re-logs in it counts as two connections. In this circumstance they could be 'logging' who is accessing (maybe IP address??) and only counting the reconnections as one user.

I only joined a week ago but have a 24 year old tattoo and millions of memorys that prove I'm no bandwagon blue, If anyone remembers the Stamford Van Hire mini bus lads that never missed hone and away for many years, thats us. I was there for the 5-1 was there for the 10-1 was at Wembley for the 5-4 Full Members cup against Chelsea amongst hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of first team, reserve and youth team games. Bandwagon blue? Don't think so mate

bluecarlos61 said:
I only joined a week ago but have a 24 year old tattoo and millions of memorys that prove I'm no bandwagon blue, If anyone remembers the Stamford Van Hire mini bus lads that never missed hone and away for many years, thats us. I was there for the 5-1 was there for the 10-1 was at Wembley for the 5-4 Full Members cup against Chelsea amongst hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of first team, reserve and youth team games. Bandwagon blue? Don't think so mate
Good on you mate, I've been a City fan much longer than I've had a computer as well.
Welcome aboard.

the citizens said:
where have all these new city fans come from since the take over, funny none signed up while we was playing stockport . ive been using bluemoon for a number of yrs now but lately i fooking cringe at some of the bollocks ppl write on this forum , half of them seem to have no Fooking all about football an what city means as a club .

sorry to rant , but i love city , dream city , breath city but these coonts make me sick ..

Well I suppose because I’m only new here my comment won’t count, and I’m also assuming that because I have only been a season ticket holder for 3 years means that my support at the match won’t count and the money I pay into the club won’t count either.

I understand your concern about "glory supporters", I too would hate to be like UTD and have a bigger fan base in china than in Manchester BUT saying that new fans are jumping on the bandwagon is very a very ill thought statement and to be honest the post comes under the very category you created which is the “BOLLOCKS" category.

I welcome ALL new fans who are genuine and love the club.

I joined the bandwagon in 1979 the only problem being that someone shot all the f.cking horses after I got on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.