Bandwagon jumpers

i did not have a choice.went to MR with dad and grandad in 1956 and that was it.there have been many times when i wished i could walk away. but there is no cure. I take no credit for it ,it,s beyond my control. When someone 'chooses' to support City how can that be seen as a negative. What about the odd-balls who go to be entertained,who like to watch good football played by top players,why should they be sneered at. Being part of an exclusive club is attractive to a certain amount of people ( 8400 has swollen to 30'000 to listen to some ) but to the rest of us it's just a sign of immaturity.' Where were you when we were shite' sums it up nicely. Be interesting if ADUG reduced the capacity to keep out glory-hunters, would please the OP i imagine, but not many others.It all sends out a bad message to potential fans (the future of the club), you are not welcome at coms,diehards only.

Here darn sarf I still haven't seen anyone wearing a City shirt around town - still seems to just be me, my family and, by amazing coincidence, the family next door. I'm still being routinely ridiculed every now and again by the obligatory plastic rags for supporting what they still see as a "small, pathetic club". In fact I got asked recently why I haven't ditched City and taken up supporting the vile team outside Manchester for the trophies, although in fairness to the guy who asked me, when I said that that was the wrong reason to follow a team he did say "right answer". City fans aren't seen as gloryhunters here yet - we're still the same relegation strugglers to the idiot rags here.

As far as I'm concerned, I actively welcome all new fans who join on one condition - as long as they support the club enough to stick with City even if we were to go back to frequent relegations and such as we have already survived, they're a true fan to me.

I've been saying for years that you can tell the glory hunters from the real fans just by studying their faces. A fresh-faced chap with a cheery smile and a general air of optimism is a newbie. A REAL City fan will have years and years of misery etched into his face and there'll be furrowed brows and hunched shoulders, and a weight-of-the-world-on-his-shoulders look about him.

bellbuzzer said:
i did not have a choice.went to MR with dad and grandad in 1956 and that was it.there have been many times when i wished i could walk away. but there is no cure. I take no credit for it ,it,s beyond my control. When someone 'chooses' to support City how can that be seen as a negative. What about the odd-balls who go to be entertained,who like to watch good football played by top players,why should they be sneered at. Being part of an exclusive club is attractive to a certain amount of people ( 8400 has swollen to 30'000 to listen to some ) but to the rest of us it's just a sign of immaturity.' Where were you when we were shite' sums it up nicely. Be interesting if ADUG reduced the capacity to keep out glory-hunters, would please the OP i imagine, but not many others.It all sends out a bad message to potential fans (the future of the club), you are not welcome at coms,diehards only.
no not die hards mate, just thoes that are prepared to suffer like we have over the years.

the thing that annoys me is that those people who we say are new city supporters might of been city fans in the first place but just didnt have the guts to wear the shirt and admit.thats what anooys me.

For the first time since moving to Redditch over a year ago I saw a city badge int he back of a lexus last night which was a refreshing change from the villa and bin dipper majority in these parts,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.