Banksy

that is simply not true.

van gogh copied works by millet, hiroshige, delacroix, bernard, rembrandt and others so that he could further his knowledge and develop his own unique style.

banksy hasn't developed a style of his own at all,
he uses the style of blek le rat.

Using stencils is not a style, it’s a technique, and it’s not owned by one person, and if it were, it wouldn’t be owned by Blek.

This piece is a perfect example, Blek doesn’t have any pieces like this. He’s an influence on Banksy, but that’s it.

The funny thing is that Blek used to love Banksy and was always in the press saying he didn’t copy him, it’s art etc. until Banksy got rich and famous. Then Blek completely reversed his mind, even though their two styles had diverged since the days when Blek was sure Banksy didn’t copy him.

Last edited:
that is simply not true.

van gogh copied works by millet, hiroshige, delacroix, bernard, rembrandt and others so that he could further his knowledge and develop his own unique style.

banksy hasn't developed a style of his own at all,
he uses the style of blek le rat.
Quite successfully it seems.

Not sure his name warrants being up there with the greats you mention, mind.

I think his message is often the important part of his works but that is uncomfortable to a few who would rather not touch on things like that.

Prefer Cold War Steve personally.

I'm very sure that Banksy's use of stencils was the result of his relationship with 3D (Robert Del Naja)

Quite successfully it seems.

Not sure his name warrants being up there with the greats you mention, mind.

I think his message is often the important part of his works but that is uncomfortable to a few who would rather not touch on things like that.

Prefer Cold War Steve personally.

He's a vandal, a very wealthy vandal ;-)

One persons Vandal is another persons Van Gogh… :-)

Van Gogh could never have reached the places the spray paint lout reaches, he was only a midget who wore dodgy hats and banged showgirls whilst wearing stilts.

Banksy is arts ponzi scheme.

Van Gogh could never have reached the places the spray paint lout reaches, he was only a midget who wore dodgy hats and banged showgirls whilst wearing stilts.

Banksy is arts ponzi scheme.
Like most other subjects we invariably fall on the opposite side of, it really doesn’t make much difference to my life. What a world famous artist/vandal gets up to, I find hard to care too much either way other than a few paragraphs on here - which ironically is usually the only way I find out about it in the first place. Haha!

Both things amount to a scam, worthless tat.
The whole idea of the arts are different works from different artists meaning different things to different people.

It’s for nobody else to decide what something is worth other than the person buying it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.