Banned from Glory Glory

spurs4life said:
Soulboy said:
spurs4life said:
Soulboy said:
Isn't it funny that before the Sheik took over at City, the previous 20 years Spurs have had more money than us... and spent more in the transfer market by a long way!

Yet I never heard City fans bleating about it "not being fair".

That's the way of the world. We had to eat shit while the Big 5 (Yeah, remember when you, the rags, Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool) carved up the TV money and gate money to suit yourselves?

Did you think that was "fair"?

Or did you not give a shit because you were getting the benefits of it?

Well... welcome to our world now!

We were never funded by a Sugar Daddy. This level of investment can only be compared to Abramovic. Anyway the Champions League and TV has created this monster in which the only way to remain competitive it would seem or to make the jump into the top four would be a significant investment like you've had.

I personally don't blame City. I don't hold any hatred for you guys nor Chelsea for that matter. It's no longer a level playing field and to be honest it hasn't been since the creation of the Champions League where the cash rewards are so big.

You might not have been funded by a Sugar Daddy, but you had no problems in shafting the rest of football with the introduction of the Premier League, when the "Big 5" decided who was in and who was out.

You even (if rumours are to be believed) formed a cartel where none of you would compete with each other in transfer dealings... you were all shitting it that Jack Walker had "bought" the league (and of course he had no right to upset the Big 5) and so you decided to act together against him.

You carved up the TV dosh, the gate money, you changed the rules... you were unstoppable in your belief that you were the new power brokers in the game.

We had bigger support than you and Everton at the time, but we weren't "invited".

You lot couldn't give a shit then. And I can't give a shit now.

In twenty years time it might all change again. That's the way of the world.

Get used to it.

I bet you believe Bin Laden was made up by the American government too
Mentioning "Bin Laden" is the same as the Nazi's comparison. When used in conversation, you've effectively strayed so far from the point of discussion that you've effectively lost whatever point you were trying to make.

Soulboy said:
spurs4life said:
Soulboy said:
spurs4life said:
Soulboy said:
Isn't it funny that before the Sheik took over at City, the previous 20 years Spurs have had more money than us... and spent more in the transfer market by a long way!

That's the way of the world. We had to eat shit while the Big 5 (Yeah, remember when you, the rags, Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool) carved up the TV money and gate money to suit yourselves?

We were never funded by a Sugar Daddy. This level of investment can only be compared to Abramovic. Anyway the Champions League and TV has created this monster in which the only way to remain competitive it would seem or to make the jump into the top four would be a significant investment like you've had.

I personally don't blame City. I don't hold any hatred for you guys nor Chelsea for that matter. It's no longer a level playing field and to be honest it hasn't been since the creation of the Champions League where the cash rewards are so big.

You might not have been funded by a Sugar Daddy, but you had no problems in shafting the rest of football with the introduction of the Premier League, when the "Big 5" decided who was in and who was out.

You even (if rumours are to be believed) formed a cartel where none of you would compete with each other in transfer dealings... you were all shitting it that Jack Walker had "bought" the league (and of course he had no right to upset the Big 5) and so you decided to act together against him.

You carved up the TV dosh, the gate money, you changed the rules... you were unstoppable in your belief that you were the new power brokers in the game.

We had bigger support than you and Everton at the time, but we weren't "invited".

Get used to it.

Great comeback.

Were you in the Oxford Debating team at one time? I seem to recognise your unique style of response...
Listen, I apologise, I haven't come here to woman at all. Your claims just seem pretty far out.

Soulboy said:
spurs4life said:
Soulboy said:
spurs4life said:
Soulboy said:

Get used to it.

Great comeback.

Were you in the Oxford Debating team at one time? I seem to recognise your unique style of response...

surely it was the mass debating team. ??

Spurs4life

A year ago when Crouch sealed your CL slot most Spurs fans couldnt wait to ram it down our throat. A year on when Crouch sealer our CL slot aggravated City fans are going to want our pound of flesh, you ought to take it like a man like we did.

Every debate I had with a spurs fan ended in them posting a clip of Crouch scoring that goal against us.

By the way anyone got a clip of Crouch scoring that own goal?

Apart from Big Mal's mad six months second time around, and perhaps Shinawarta's first summer, I would expect that Spurs outspent City in every season since the war. And by a huge margin in many of them.
The hypocrisy is astounding.

Mëtal Bikër said:
Mentioning "Bin Laden" is the same as the Nazi's comparison. When used in conversation, you've effectively strayed so far from the point of discussion that you've effectively lost whatever point you were trying to make.
Some might say he's scored an own goal.

It is well known that the "Premier"league was founded urely out of greed with the "big" clubs (like at that time spurs, everton, rags, liverpool and arse) demanding that they be given more of the TV revenue or they would break away.
The FA to their eternal shame and damnation decided to try and keep them in the "football family" and gave the world the FAPL, since then we have seen the bosman ruling which means that players can hold clubs to ransom and UEFA changing the goalposts to help the rich clubs get even richer by scrapping the Cup Winner Cup, changing the European Cup to the champions and other invited guests league (for more TV and advertising revenue), and even changing the UEFA cup to a league basis, all in the chase of a few extra £'s for the rich clubs.
That has opened the doors for investors to "buy" with borrowed money some of the most "marketable trade marks" in what was once a game and price far too many out of attending.

Spurs have far too many fingerprints over the start of this process to start finger pointing when they (yet again) come off second best to the beast that they helped create.

Blueranger said:
It is likely to damage the quality of this board.

Damage the board? It's populated by Spurs fans ffs. Bit like building a house form dog poo and then complaining because someone farts in it.

spurs4life said:

When was football last a level playing field? Perhaps you can ask The Orient that one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.