Barca v City Post Match Thread

After a shaky start we were worth a draw at halftime but after the red it reverted to what always happens against Barca and we ended up well beaten.

What the fuck is going on with Kun? I really hope he's carrying a knock, he'll not hang around playing from the bench.

In Pep we trust but not as much as I did early doors.

Last season we made a great start and turned to shit....it's starting to look a bit the same and needs sorting.

The bravo gaff finished it heads went down no chance of winning everything after that is by the by. The thing that grates me is that it was simple school boy stuff that's player of his standard should never get wrong.

Frustrating because we could have won that. Barcelona are on their last legs.
A decent side will take them to the cleaners. Not clinical enough, sloppy in possession, mistake after mistake, not impressed.

Before moaning to much about the result, do realize the fact that we were up against 3 of the world top 5 players in MSN and a midfielder in Inesta who would still get into a starting 11 of any side of the world even with his age. We played well up untill the red card after that with us already chasing the game there was no way back. Nothing wrong with the tactics though other than the fact that we could have been a little more expensive with our play

His substitutes?
Nolito off instead of Silva?
Otamendi, who was dominating at CB to RB instead of Clichy or Stones?
Continuing with De Bruyne up front despite his non-existent movement?
Buying Bravo?

Honestly any decision made after the Bravo error is pretty much irrelevant. Not getting anything out of a Barca side with Messi, Suarez and Neymar with 10 men.

On the De Bruyne front, he could have maybe shuffled the pack, Nolito or Sterling moved up top but for nearly 60 minutes we were well in that game.

Not a good night. Bravo getting sent off was the big change. Still haven't seen anything from him that makes me think getting rid of Hart was the right thing to do, moving forward as a team. The lack of taking clear chances, or making a serious effort on goal in the final third is also a bit of a concern this season, despite some high scoring games in August/September. That showed tonight.

Up until the sending off City were right n this game. I think we have played Barcelona 6 times the champions league and have had 4 sending offs and countless bookings we may be invited to the party but we aren't wanted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.